THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
As if the toilet paper panic weren't bad enough, enter the Chinese entrepreneurs who have figured out another way to separate us from our money. With my current supply running low and unable to find toilet paper locally, I went on Amazon and found a seller with TP in stock. Shipping was expected to be slow of course and it is just single ply basic, but with no alternative, you do what you gotta do ... 10 jumbo rolls for $19.97 including shipping. Here is what arrived. I placed a single normal roll on top of the package for scale.

???

Old 04-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
Totally contrary to actual statistics as stated by Dr. Anthony Fauci and during yesterday's White House press briefing. If a person has a heart attack as the result of respiratory system failure caused by complications of a Covid19 infection it qualifies as a Covid19 death. If you die from suffocation as a result of pneumonia caused by a Covid19 infection, it is a Covid19 death. Is that so hard to comprehend?
What I’m saying, I read that if you tested positive for Covid 19, no matter what caused the death, it will be counted as a Covid death. Is that to hard for you to comprehend?

Old 04-08-2020, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
What I’m saying, I read that if you tested positive for Covid 19, no matter what caused the death, it will be counted as a Covid death. Is that to hard for you to comprehend?
It is also what is skewing the stats.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 04-08-2020, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What you're saying has no basis in fact or statistics. Check the facts before you parrot comprehension.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-c...vid-19-deaths/

Old 04-08-2020, 08:30 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
Thank you for posting the article. There’s the basis and facts of what I stated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigergto For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=einstein;6127906]https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-c...vid-19-deaths/[/QUOTE

Precisely what I stated. Regardless of pre-existing conditions or underlying health issues, a death resulting from the effects of a Coronavirus qualifies as a Covid19 related death. It's not like they are calling a death from blunt force trauma a Covid19 related death.

The cases in which deaths occur from Coronavirus symptoms where a patient has not been tested are assumed Covid 19 deaths in the absence of any other supporting evidence. There is no reason to waste testing resources post-portum. As a % of the total Covid19 deaths, this is insignificant and the causal circumstances of other illness and pre-existing conditions having been ruled out, does not disqualify the validity of the reporting.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=NeighborsComplaint;6127929]
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-c...vid-19-deaths/[/QUOTE

Precisely what I stated. Regardless of pre-existing conditions or underlying health issues, a death resulting from the effects of a Coronavirus qualifies as a Covid19 related death. It's not like they are calling a death from blunt force trauma a Covid19 related death.

The cases in which deaths occur from Coronavirus symptoms where a patient has not been tested are assumed Covid 19 deaths in the absence of any other supporting evidence. There is no reason to waste testing resources post-portum. As a % of the total Covid19 deaths, this is insignificant and the causal circumstances of other illness and pre-existing conditions having been ruled out, does not disqualify the validity of the reporting.
This is exactly what I said in my original post.

The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone’s life.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thank you for posting the article. There’s the basis and facts of what I stated.
The first NY fatality was someone that already had advanced emphysema.
By the time COVID-19 arrived, all the heavy lifting had already been done.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Did anyone read the article especially this part
Quote:
However, the number of autopsies being performed could be low due to the danger of infection, he said.

“Then you will include in those numbers some people who did have a pre-existing condition that would have caused death anyway, but that’s probably a small number,” Baden said.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
Did anyone read the article especially this part
“... a pre-existing condition that would have caused death anyway, but that’s probably a small number”
Like, say, advanced emphysema? Saying that they can't separate the terminally ill from their stats is bogus.
I imagine mentally disturbed individuals that commit suicide are included as well, but should they be??

Old 04-09-2020, 02:28 PM

The New York post article had Dr. Michael Baden, a Fox News contributor helping with that article. People can decide what news organization they chose to believe or contributors. On a side note a large majority of Americans have some kind of underlying health conditions. Think about it how many people do you know that are not taking a prescription drug for something.
On a good note the latest projections show a drop in the death rate, first it was 100,000 then 80,000 and now maybe 60,000. It looks like self isolation is helping and the numbers are getting lower. Of course this is all conjecture since we are in the early stages of covid. It is like trying to predict how many points a sports team is going to score and it is barely the first quarter. So a lot of numbers concerning covid are still in the early stages. The latest projections sure look good and looks like the curve is flattening in a lot of states.
I sure would like to see more testing going on though, well more test kits being available as well. With more wide spread testing we could differentiate those who have to stay home and those who could go back to work.
Stay safe out there

Old 04-09-2020, 02:49 PM

Schools in PA are now officially closed the rest of the year.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 04-09-2020, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I went through this thread and cleaned it up again. Please, no political posts, no links to far left or far right websites, no conspiracy theories, no home remedies, no relating of opinion from a friend of a friend who knows someone, no memes that are only meant to incite people. Keep the discussion respectful. It should be about how this situation is affecting you or people around you, and discussion of facts and not opinions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
and discussion of facts and not opinions.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not sure what's so puzzling about what I said about opinions - people throwing out opinions without basis in fact are just speculating, and they aren't contributing to the discussion.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Senior Chief

Stuart, you are absolutely correct RE: opinions......as the old saying goes: "opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, most of 'em stink!"

Old 04-09-2020, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

we got some TP today.....

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

The Following User Says Thank You to marxjunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I'm not sure what's so puzzling about what I said about opinions - people throwing out opinions without basis in fact are just speculating, and they aren't contributing to the discussion.
Did you just read what you posted? This entire corona virus is based on speculation! 2.2 million deaths, 200,000 deaths, 150,000 deaths, 60,000 deaths. Corona virus models from an assortment of universities and others which are "projections" - or in other words, speculation.

Most of what we have to listen to is opinion, just different news reporting. The problem with such a situation is that it is all opinion and speculations - if not, prove me wrong and you, stuart, provide the cold hard facts. It is opinions and speculations that began the craze in hording toilet paper and cleaning out the grocery stores of food. It is opinion and speculation that has essentially shut this nation's economy down.

The facts are that no one knows anything about exactly how many deaths will occur, how to prevent/treat this virus, in what way is the virus really transmitted, how long the national shut down will last, and what effect it will have on the future economy.

At this point, it's all opinion & speculation short of the death tally that we can't conclusively know if Covid-19 was indeed the cause of death or if any underlying health conditions were the cause of death.

Opinions and speculations can be based out of fear, or used constructively in conversation to reach a resolve. What you have left out of your statement is INTENT. What the intent is behind the opinion and speculation dictates the sincerity and validity of the opinion and speculation.

So if you want to play moderator and censor those posts you do not agree meet your opinion, then learn how to do it correctly and separate those posts that have good intent even if they go against your personal opinions.

The Following User Says Thank You to PontiacJim1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 View Post
So if you want to play moderator and censor ...
Play moderator? Censor?

I might not agree with the computer models, but they are relevant.
The real world needs estimates, like driving time, repair costs, etc.
The opinions that aren't needed are the ones that are contentious.

Closed Thread