67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 AM

Default 69 Firebird AC heater control vacuum lines

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of how the 4 vacuum lines are attached to the vacuum switch on the heater control? Someone over the years pulled out the 4 vacuum hoses from the rubber plug that connects to the unit instead of prying off the rubber plug. There are 2 slightly longer ones that seem to go to the back of the plug but I know it will make a difference as to the location.

Thanks!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I hope the attachment worked. It is from a '67, but the principal should be the same. Put the AC control on inside air, and hook the hose that has vacuum (probably the longest one) to the door located in the passenger side kick panel so it closes that door. Put the control on defrost, and hook the hose with vacuum to the door that allows air to come out of the defrost vent. Do the same for the heat door, and air door and you should be set.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 PM

Does this diagram help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 18 from AC F-Car 1967-73.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	339409  

1969 Firebird Convertible 400 Ram Air/HO (WQ), 4spd (M20), saf-t-track, hood tach, A/C, P/B, P/S, AM/FM Stereo, P/A - (24 options on the PHS)

My album: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...hp?albumid=665