SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 11-16-2020, 06:15 PM

Default 1963 Pontiac Catalina 'Ventura" Option 389 Tri Power 4 Speed PW, Western Car $15,000

This car was purchased new by Carl S. of Colorado Springs. I have his registration from 1982. It was in storage for many years before being sold to Jeff S. of Colorado Springs on or about 2014. Jeff S. sold it to Jerry F. In Massachusetts in 2016. It has 55,000 miles. Jerry wants off of it because he has it stored outside and that is not good for the car. I am helping Jerry sell the car. I have gone over this car and under it as well.

Matching numbers. T-10 is dated late 1962. Motor and Tri Power are correct. Rear posi axle is about a 3:42. Car has 3 original T-3 headlights, the red tag is still on the overflow hose. Car rides nice, handles good, shifts good and stops good. Some lifter noise but does not skip or blow smoke. Some oil dripping but I believe the oil sending unit could be part of that.

The undercarriage is very good with one 6" x 2" flat area rusted on r.f. of frame, The driver's floor pan is punky and it is open to question as to whether you would replace or repair. All fuel and brake lines are original and look good.

The car was painted during its life, and not a very high quality one. The left rear quarter was sectioned at one time near the roof line. There is evidence of wheel well repair and some rust on right quarter. The trunk is solid but water is getting in and surface rust has developed. I believe the right door was changed as it has white paint under the weatherstrip.

The seats are original and very good. The rear upper cushion in one corner is sagged and I did find stuffing in the inside of the trunk lid. Mice! Again, the car is not being stored properly and that is why Jerry wants to sell it. The dash pad was recovered and you can tell by the way it fits around the defroster slots. The carpets are original and decent. The console is nice The silver shifter boot shows its age. All the glass is EZ Eye LOF and looks good. The front and rear glass rubbers are good, The window lifts are NOT rotted as so many are on these coupes. ALL THE POWER WINDOWS work. The headliner and visors are good but the sail panels are wrinkled.

The radio works. The wipers work but recently no longer "park." The heater works as do the horn and directionals. The tachometer works.

The chrome is good and the pot metal headlight doors and trunk trim and emblems are very good without pitting.

Jerry thinks the car is worth $15,000.00. I disagree, He is motivated to sell quickly.

In summation it is my opinion that this is an original, now 3 owner low mile car, that is in #3.75 condition Not a 3 and not a 4. I am happy to provide more information and it is easy for me to text pictures.

Clean open MASS title showing actual mileage of 55,518 when purchased by Jerry.

The car is in Massachusetts and I can ship to California, enclosed for about 2000.00

Please e mail direct pm-1963@hotmail.com or text me at 781-820-5690 Thanks

** CAR HAS BEEN SOLD **
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3808.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	554089   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3818.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	554090   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3824.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	554091   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3819.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	554092  

Last edited by Stuart; 11-17-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

by chance has the PHS been acquired?Tom

Old 11-16-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
by chance has the PHS been acquired?Tom
I called PHS today and will do that. Will it make a difference in your level of interest or were you just curious?

Old 11-17-2020, 09:04 AM

Jerry asked that I price it at $15,000 but is open to offers.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Because of the buckets and console.Tom

Old 11-17-2020, 01:25 PM

PHS has been received. Car is as stated in all respects.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool,very few Cats got buckets even with Ventura trim.Tom

Old 11-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ct...232518767.html

Pretty cool car!

Old 11-17-2020, 09:05 PM

Is there a way to amend my listing to indicate it has been sold?

Old 11-17-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZM View Post
This car was purchased new by Carl S. of Colorado Springs. I have his registration from 1982. It was in storage for many years before being sold to Jeff S. of Colorado Springs on or about 2014. Jeff S. sold it to Jerry F. In Massachusetts in 2016. It has 55,000 miles. Jerry wants off of it because he has it stored outside and that is not good for the car. I am helping Jerry sell the car. I have gone over this car and under it as well.

Matching numbers. T-10 is dated late 1962. Motor and Tri Power are correct. Rear posi axle is about a 3:42. Car has 3 original T-3 headlights, the red tag is still on the overflow hose. Car rides nice, handles good, shifts good and stops good. Some lifter noise but does not skip or blow smoke. Some oil dripping but I believe the oil sending unit could be part of that.

The undercarriage is very good with one 6" x 2" flat area rusted on r.f. of frame, The driver's floor pan is punky and it is open to question as to whether you would replace or repair. All fuel and brake lines are original and look good.

The car was painted during its life, and not a very high quality one. The left rear quarter was sectioned at one time near the roof line. There is evidence of wheel well repair and some rust on right quarter. The trunk is solid but water is getting in and surface rust has developed. I believe the right door was changed as it has white paint under the weatherstrip.

The seats are original and very good. The rear upper cushion in one corner is sagged and I did find stuffing in the inside of the trunk lid. Mice! Again, the car is not being stored properly and that is why Jerry wants to sell it. The dash pad was recovered and you can tell by the way it fits around the defroster slots. The carpets are original and decent. The console is nice The silver shifter boot shows its age. All the glass is EZ Eye LOF and looks good. The front and rear glass rubbers are good, The window lifts are NOT rotted as so many are on these coupes. ALL THE POWER WINDOWS work. The headliner and visors are good but the sail panels are wrinkled.

The radio works. The wipers work but recently no longer "park." The heater works as do the horn and directionals. The tachometer works.

The chrome is good and the pot metal headlight doors and trunk trim and emblems are very good without pitting.

Jerry thinks the car is worth $15,000.00. I disagree, He is motivated to sell quickly.

In summation it is my opinion that this is an original, now 3 owner low mile car, that is in #3.75 condition Not a 3 and not a 4. I am happy to provide more information and it is easy for me to text pictures.

Clean open MASS title showing actual mileage of 55,518 when purchased by Jerry.

The car is in Massachusetts and I can ship to California, enclosed for about 2000.00

Please e mail direct pm-1963@hotmail.com or text me at 781-820-5690 Thanks

CAR HAS BEN SOLD TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO CAME TO LOOK AT IT. IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO AMEND THE ORIGINAL LISTING PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gave it away buddy
Wish I woukd of been on today
It would be mine.