THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Muscle Car City Auction

Some good stuff on the block Jan 22/23 if you have the coin. '69 & '70 Judges, '69 Trans Am, '64-'67 Goats, lots of Corvettes including a ZL1, lots of Camaros and Chevelles too including a few COPOs an unrestored '67 Z/28. One can dream I guess...

Full list: https://www.mecum.com/auctions/punta-gorda-2021/lots/

'70 OO Judge: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...iac-gto-judge/

'69 Judge: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...iac-gto-judge/

'69 T/A: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...tiac-trans-am/

'66 GTO Convert w/ red fender liners: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...o-convertible/

'65 GTO Ram Air w/ 9,898 miles: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...5-pontiac-gto/

'66 2+2: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...ac-22-hardtop/

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The only car in the list I know well are the 66 2+2's having owned a number of original ones. Nice looking car for sure. However, I find it interesting that the current caretakers went to so much trouble putting cute little yellow X's and various grease pencil marks all over it under the hood and yet pained the engine the wrong color. Also leaking carburetor airhorn gaskets or fittings isn't a good look. Cutting the center bar out of the metal dash panel to put some crap aftermarket radio in the car hurts some too. Window crank for the wing window laying on the driver floor and a cheap aftermarket tach scabbed under the dash don't help the "restored" presentation. I don't think this car would be allowed to show in a POCI stock class for example, especially with the hood modification, which IMO actually looks nice. As is always the case, for the right price, this highly worked over car might be a nice cruiser, local car show type ride to drive and enjoy. Concours restoration?, Other than the grease pencil marks, not really. No reserve auction, worth keeping an eye on.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:12 AM
Senior Chief

I visited there several years back.To me it seemed these cars went straight from the auction floor on to the museum floor. So many small things that could have been done cheaply and quickly if they were looking to make them correct. That being said most were nice quality drivers.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I like that 66 2+2, my 65 GP has the same hood modification. It’s not perfect but it’s nice. I would drive it. The wrong engine color would have to change though- not much better looking than a silver blue metallic tri power.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:03 PM
Senior Chief

Local paper had an article about the closing, owner said loss of foot traffic because of covid hurt, and he's getting up in age (who among us isn't), said it's time to get out

Old 01-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He has some of the choicest Stingrays gathered in 1 spot that i have ever seen.
Sad that he is having to close it up.

I'm not a corvette owner/collector or even an enthusiast, but i do admire the C2's and C3's greatly.
And he has about 6 or 7 that i would REALLY like to have.
Most auctions don't even have 1 that i like.

His 69 TA 4spd AC is a rare combo to find.
And its been re-loaded with almost every option you could get, even some you couldn't get. It has Cruise Control

Old 01-13-2021, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have always wondered where this car went:

'65 GTO Ram Air w/ 9,898 miles: https://www.mecum.com/lots/PG0121-45...5-pontiac-gto/

I located this car way back in the 80's. It was sitting outside with a replacement block. (Heads, etc. seemed to be original). I remember it specifically because of the back seat difference. It had been repainted and it wasn't a very good job. I turned it down because of the incorrect engine code and the paint work. I thought $6500 was too much.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-13-2021, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The GTO hood scoop on the '66 2+2 hood is cool.

Agreed some nice Vettes. I especially like some of the early C3's he has.

Some good Camaros, too. I'd really like to have that black over white '69 L78 4-speed RS/SS convertible. Just need to lose the aftermarket wheels.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 01-13-2021, 11:32 PM
Senior Chief

Note that Mecum advises all these cars have been set up for museum storage. Fuel systems and brake systems need to be serviced before attempting to drive any of these cars. Better bring a trailer or have transporter on standby.

I am about 2.5 hours away and debating on whether to go. My Mecum Kissimmee bidder pass also gets me into this auction.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The 69 ZL-1 Stingray Convertible is a multi-millionaire/billionaire type car.
I don't know if i know anybody that could/would buy it.
But wouldn't we ALL Love Too !

If anybody here buys the 71 LS-6 Stingray Convertible
I would be privileged and obliged if i could come take a ride in it someday.
The last few or so of the LS-6 Vettes i have seen sell were almost affordable cars iirc ?

The Green/Green 67
I don't really like Green Cars very often but that one is just so unique and so unseen
and its a stone-cold Killer
Somebody really wild ordered that car new .
Would love to have that one

Old 01-15-2021, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
The 69 ZL-1 Stingray Convertible is a multi-millionaire/billionaire type car.
I don't know if i know anybody that could/would buy it.
But wouldn't we ALL Love Too !

If anybody here buys the 71 LS-6 Stingray Convertible
I would be privileged and obliged if i could come take a ride in it someday.
The last few or so of the LS-6 Vettes i have seen sell were almost affordable cars iirc ?

The Green/Green 67
I don't really like Green Cars very often but that one is just so unique and so unseen
and its a stone-cold Killer
Somebody really wild ordered that car new .
Would love to have that one
They only made 2 69 ZL1 corvettes. God knows what someone will pay for that, I wouldn't even want to take a guess.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
They only made 2 69 ZL1 corvettes. God knows what someone will pay for that, I wouldn't even want to take a guess.
Will be interesting to see what it goes for. A bit of googling suggests it's maybe number 3 or 4 of the 2 originally built. No confirmed documentation.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue