THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Another $1400 would be okay "

AOC says Joe should give us $2000, NOT just $1400. In fact, IIRC, she says we should get $2000 PER MONTH, 'til the plague is gone.

I suppose lots of people think we can just continue to borrow all the money we want, indefinitely.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess that 9" green/blue combo pack for only $1034.50 , would be on my shopping list if there is another 1400/2000.
Even though anything over $900 for that combo is really just a Rip Off .

Found a couple of Tanaka (Japanese -not chinese) specialty blades i might try to make a better deal on with the seller.

WeedDuty 10" 4t - Reversible/Double Cut Life - can be Re-Sharpened
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tanaka-10-Brush-Cutter-Blade-for-string-trimmer-1-arbor-4-tooth-Rated-1/174320434253?hash=item28964ebc4d:gsIAAOSwYcRe6pZ Y

and a MediumDuty 9" 22t that can be Re-Sharpened.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tanaka-9-Br...YAAOSwURNe6pRy

Old 01-16-2021, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tanaka-9-Br...YAAOSwURNe6pRy

Now that blade could prove to be the cheapest one out there, if you can(and are willing to) sharpen them LOTS of times. Might be lighter than the chainsaw teeth blades.

Hey, I think you ought'a buy one & give us a review, both when new, & after you have resharpened it at least once.

As of right now, I don't plan to do any resharpening, with a chainsaw file, either of chainsaw chains or brush blades.

As for that 4t blade, it can probably be easily & quickly resharpened on a bench grinder. I'd do that. But with all the good circular saw type blades out there, I have no desire to use a 3t or 4t blade. The reviews I've seen of those type blades show that they won't cut stuff much over 1/2", efficiently. A sharp one will probably knock down 1" stuff, but I'm guessing it will be quite ruff. The blades I've been using will whack a 1" tree/limb almost like it's not even there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJz7Gqn_SY

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-16-2021 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ebay Nitemare Continues

Got another Email from the seller.

" I’ll send your partial refund after the case is closed or full refund if you return my merchandise I’m trying to work with you so please understand that I can’t send money in the mail. It all has to be done through eBay per eBay’s agreement so if you cancel order and submit me an invoice for a partial payment I will take care of it "

So what on earth does he mean when he says I need to "cancel order" & "submit me an invoice for a partial payment" ?

There's no way I can cancel the order, since I've already paid for the item & have received it.

And the submit an invoice part. I don't have a clue what that means.

Can any of ya'll explain this to me ?

I've made no response to this Email. As of right now, I don't plan to.

When I contacted Ebay, to return the item & get a refund, I was told that I'd have to take it up with the seller. I think it said he had 72 hours to respond.

I really don't know what I should do next. Seems like dealing with Ebay is WAY more trouble than it's worth. Apparently, they make so much money off their sellers that they choose to protect them against buyers. Haven't even found a way to give a seller a bad review.

I'm thinkin that I should just forget about it, use the trimmer, & just consider it good experience.

Just found these videos. IF the info is correct, the seller can easily give me a partial refund, thru Pay Pal, without going thru Ebay. But, he'll still have to pay Ebay the sellers fee, based on the original purchase price. Is this correct ? I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrAsq6v2alg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mywuvrAeeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMgXFZarAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpwOy-y70Q

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-16-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would try to walk through all that with you,
but -
first before that -
when was the last time you talked to anyone at eBay ?
1 day ? 2 days ? 5 days ? more than that days ?

One of their Reps SHOULD be able to walk you through this .

Some of what he is saying might be on the level.
And some of it might be lack of navigation skills thru the eBay maze.
They will know all the answers

There would have been no reason for him to contact you further after your last message you posted on here - IF he was out to screw you over / aka no partial refund.
I would pursue it

Old 01-16-2021, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...when was the last time you talked to anyone at eBay ?
1 day ? 2 days ? 5 days ? more than that days ?

One of their Reps SHOULD be able to walk you through this ..."

Don't remember what day it was.

Tell me EXACTLY how I can talk directly to a rep who won't just tell me to take it up with the seller ?

All 4 of the videos I linked say that the seller can give me a partial refund, by going thru PayPal, without contacting Ebay, at all. I assume that is correct. I sent the seller a link to all 4 videos.

Here's 1 more I just found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxiNMSE3qY

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-16-2021 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do the Call-Back , like you did at Start.
You did what they suggested - and are way past the Start. check mark

"Now you - and the seller - need help - to finalize your agreement on a partial refund."
Start the conversation with that Quote above , and let them ask the questions.
And you give your input as they ask you.
They do this every day - all day.

E D I T
Could mention he has been claiming for almost a week that the system won't allow him to issue partial refund - or he can't figure it out in the system.
He may need to call them himself as well, to get walked through the process.

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 01-16-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can not now find any phone number that works. Can't email about it. Nor can I get anything from PayPal, except take it up with the seller.

Hey, it's ALL up to the seller.

What about all these buyer protection promises these people make ? So far, they are what I call "empty promises", the kind most politicians make, which they have no intention of keeping.

Would be great if you could just talk to an intelligent person, explain the situation & have him resolve the issue. The seller & buyer have agreed on a $50 partial refund. So what's so hard about that ?

But, looks like I can't get there, from here.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Go back to this eBay page again
https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/pay...o=4&uci=0&ri=0

Scroll to the bottom - click - Have Us Call You
Like you did in the beginning.
Shows a 1 minute wait time right now.

Quote:
"Now you - and the seller - need help - to finalize your agreement on a partial refund."
Start the conversation with that Quote above , and let them ask the questions.
And you give your input as they ask you.
They do this every day - all day.

Could mention he has been claiming for almost a week that the system won't allow him to issue partial refund - or he can't figure it out in the system.
He may need to call them himself as well, to get walked through the process.

Old 01-16-2021, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm going to try my best to start exercising more control and restraint about going too crazy with .095 string set-ups.
From now on, ONLY Grass and Grassy Type Weeds with .095

Quote:
3t or 4t blade. The reviews I've seen of those type blades show that they won't cut stuff much over 1/2", efficiently.
That's pretty much exactly the range I would need it for
and it can be re-sharpened easy. BONUS
Cluster-clumps of thick weeds, briers, vines, kudzu, sprouts, twiglets, etc..
Those are things i encounter year-round , year after year basically.

BUT, found some more Kurt Blades that I'm going to start out with first.
More of a sure thing scenario to get me going.
Will check back into the Tanaka Blades after "The Check" comes.

Can't find ANYTHING web related to get more specs/data/info on the Kurt-Saw Brush Blades.
They don't have their own website or webpages.
Looks like Amazon is their primary focus on distribution/sales.

Starting out with a Pair of these 10" 15t - 2 for $16 & free ship
Should be about 1.5mm thickness
approx 14 ounces each
For my thick weeds, briers, etc...
https://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Saw-2-Pa...8BYT7D65&psc=1

And a Pair of these 10" 40t - 2 for $20 & free ship
Should be about 1.5mm thickness
approx 15 ounces each
For anything over 3/4" up to 2.5" zone
https://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Saw-2-Pa...%2C764&sr=8-25

That will give me 2 of each - in case i ruin one early in the game being too reckless.

They have some other good Kurt Blades too.
Mostly 10" , but a few are also available in 8" and 9"
Andat least one version that can be re-sharpened
Will probably be a Kurt Customer and try a couple few more types AFTER i try these out and see how well
- or not well - 10" works on the EGo.

Old 01-16-2021, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those Ryobi Cupped Washers #04409 apparently all come from the same place in Ohio whether you order Amazon eBay or Walmart. So the shipping time frame is probably going to be the same no matter which source we buy through.

Have noticed all sites are giving more buffer time on shipments.
USPS is turtlecrawl if its not Priority Service right now.
Fed-X and UPS seem to be running at normal speeds.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For all the casual observers
More Kurt-Saw Brush Blades from Amazon.
Seem to be the best bang for buck on the 1" Hole Blades .
Most are 2-pack

8" Only - 26t Chisel Tooth - ReSharpenable
3 to a Pack for $19 free ship
1.6mm Thick
Approx 12 ounces each
https://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Saw-3-Pa...t-items&sr=1-3

9" and 10" Super-Heavy-Duty 20t
1 per Pack $15 and $16 EACH
2.1mm thick with 2.8mm Carbide Tips
Approx 20 ounces /and/ 24 ounces - Each
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N542YJD..._t_img_lh&th=1

10" Light-Weight Cutting Blades 36t - 64t - 80t
2 per pack $16-18
These are only 1.3mm thick
Approx 12 ounces each
https://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Saw-2-Pa...ms&sr=1-7&th=1

9" All-Around Cutting Blade 36t
2 per pack $23
These are about 1.5mm thick
Approx 11 ounces each
Ponyakr has a pair of these and can probably let us know how they do.
https://www.amazon.com/Kurt-Saw-2-Pa...t-items&sr=1-2

Old 01-16-2021, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Took a 30-Day Free Trial of AmazonPrime at checkout
Now the Kurt Blades will be here MONDAY - instead of Friday.
Will probably go half-crazy waiting on the 04409 Cup Washers to get here so i can try the Blades on the EGo.

Washers coming snailmail from Eastlake, Ohio - eta next Monday

Old 01-16-2021, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Ponyakr has a pair of these and can probably let us know how they do..."

Used one today, on the rear motor Ryobi. Cuts great. But, you have to keep the rpm up. Low speed on the Ryobi is fast enuff. But, if you let off the trigger, the rpm drops quickly.

Today was a real learning experience for me, for using a brush cutter. The front motor Kobalt, with the heavier Diablo blade has LOTS of momentum, once the blade is turning.

I don't have to hold the trigger on, to cut smaller stuff. Once the blade gets to full speed, I can let off the trigger & it will continue to turn fast enuff to cut grass, weeds, & small limbs/bushes, for a short while.

So, instead of holding the trigger on, I just hit it ever now & then. I know this may sound strange. But, it IS my experience. And even if the tree is a little over 1", once you get the blade rpm up, you can let off the trigger & easily whack thru the tree/limb. And, if the blade is still turning after you make your last cut for a while, be careful where/when/how you set the unit down. The blade will continue to "coast" for quite a while.

Not so with the rear motor Ryobi with Kurt blade. For 1" & bigger stuff, you need to keep the rpm up while cutting thru the wood. As mentioned, it can be on low speed, but if you let off the trigger, the blade will stop pretty quick. Just don't have the momentum of the heavier blade on the front motor Kobalt.

As I was considering this, it came to mind that part of the reason why the blade loses momentum so quick is because with the rear motor units, the blade must also turn the long driveshaft. Therefore, once you stop the motor, the driveshaft is at that point actually a drain on the blade momentum. So, it's my opinion that a combination of the lighter blade & the long driveshaft is what causes the blade to lose rpm so quickly.

But, a rear motor brush cutter will work just fine, as long as the battery/motor combination has enuff power to keep the blade spinning at a sufficient rpm.

With all this in mind, I will begin to consider higher power front motor trimmers, as potential brush cutters. Would definitely want one with a 10mm or larger shaft, and more than 40 volts.

So, that would include quite a few models, such as 56v, 58v, 60v, & 80v. Not sure exactly which of these models have the larger shaft, or how to find out, without buying one. Maybe they all do.

Since my 40v Kobalt has a 10mm shaft, I assume that an 80v Kobalt & Greenworks would, also. Then there are EGO & Echo front motor models.

Another consideration is the size of the motor. A smaller motor would offer less drag when cutting thru thick grass, weeds, vines, bushes. The larger the motor & string/blade guard, the more resistance you could feel, when trying to sweep thru some thick stuff.

One reason I like the rear motor units better is because of less front end weight. But, with a heavy battery in the rear & a decent shoulder strap, they are easy enuff to handle.

Not absolutely sure, now, if I'd like my higher powered unit to be rear motor, or front motor. In some brands, the front motor models are cheaper.

A high powered front motor unit, with a heavy 10" blade would be a monster.

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-16-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good Info
I had thought about the blade being attached practically to the motor on the front-motor units could have its benefits -
as well as the drawbacks.
Give and Take either way you go.

If it was a 1-Trick Pony Brush Cutter ONLY - i'd probably lean more towards the front motor.

More tests with a heavier blade on your rear motor 40v might make it better.
I don't really mind holding the throttle while cutting.
Have gotten use to that with weed eating.

Would also rather have the 10mm output shaft if using heavy'ish blades though.
So those Ryobi's may have their limits in the BrushCut business.
Always something else that needs figuring out when starting from scratch.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...If it was a 1-Trick Pony Brush Cutter ONLY - i'd probably lean more towards the front motor..."

Yeah, if I buy a big power unit, it will be for a brush/limb/tree cutter only. The 40v Ryobi will do all the string work I'll need.

This has nothing at all to do with brush cutting. But, I just took a supper break. TJ cooked up some shrimp Etouffee & hushpuppies. No, it wasn't all from scratch. But, it wasn't just a take it out of the freezer & nuke it deal.

TJ put her Etouffee over brown rice. I put mine over some brown "dirty" rice, she'd made a while back. It was sorta like my Mama use to make, with chicken liver in it.

Anyhow, it was a delicious meal !

Old 01-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lord of Mercy - eating like a holiday.
Could make a meal just out of homemade hushpuppies right now.

I've got leftover sloppy-joe stuff, and leftover PepperoniPanPizza to choose from.
Can't go wrong - but it aint a holiday meal.

Something else i thought about that may never be needed - but could be done.
After a blade gets dull , could have a center section cut out of it with a band saw or plasma cutter and use that as a shim or spacer.
Either above or below the Blade as needed.

Probably would bet that anything up over 40v will have the 10mm output.
I can check out an EGo front motor and see about it.
And anything else they have on display that's any count.
Mostly tons of Gas Trimmers, even lots of ECHO Gas Trimmers and Chainsaws.
Or maybe it was Husqvarna ... orange stuff
But always 0 on ECHO 58v Stuff

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 01-16-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ebay

"...Could mention he has been claiming for almost a week that the system won't allow him to issue partial refund - or he can't figure it out in the system.
He may need to call them himself as well, to get walked through the process..."

Yeah, that's all the Ebay rep would say is have him contact us.

I told him that the seller has already said that he HAS contacted them & he can't give me a partial refund.

I asked the Ebay guy that, under the circumstances, why can't they contact the seller. He didn't give me an answer to that. Just said I must contact the seller & have him contact Ebay.

That is so ridiculous !

If he wanted to contact Ebay about it, he has had plenty of time, & has said he HAS. So, what do ya'll think he'd say if I Email him & tell him to contact Ebay. All he will say is that he has already contacted Ebay.

Again I'll say it. Ebay REALLY protects their sellers. That's where they make their money.

I also asked the Ebay guy if the seller could go directly to PayPal & give me a partial refund. He said that he could, but that it is not a good way to do it. I'm guessing that what he really meant is that it is not a good way for the seller to do it. But, guessing that it is by far the best/quickest way for the buyer to get his refund.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Lord of Mercy - eating like a holiday..."

I told TJ this. She said: Hey, any time I cook it's a holiday.

She CAN cook. She just DON'T, very often. But hey, she has driven 4-speed Musclecars, drag cars, ridden horses, flew airplanes, and more recently used chainsaws, pole saws, hedge trimmers, and she paints a little on model horses every day.

I don't really care whether she cooks or not. I rig up most of my own meals. So, if they ain't no good, it's my own fault.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

eBay is worthless without Buyers, but they need sellers to roll the ball.
Once you do both - Buy & Sell - you see its geared towards buyers.

They used to really bully some sellers and give them little choices on matters.
Believe that has been re-vamped some.

It's been probably 7-8 years since i had any Resolution Claims as a buyer.
It's been probably 6-7 years since i have sold anything as a seller.
But i never had any unhappy buyers or conflicts as a seller.

My view -
the guy wants to make it right with the partial.
Probably fibbing about contacting eBay afraid he will get penalized on his perks he gets from having an eBay Store. But he Won't get any penalty just for reaching out to them for some assistance.

Would tell him, you contacted eBay today about his problem with issuing a partial.
And, they said for him to request a Call Back and they would walk him through it over the phone.
Supply the link for Call Back that i supplied for you.

The next thing is , he is likely one of the type that does everything with their phone.
Making it hard/impossible to do a step-by-step on a webpage and conversating at same time on the same phone.
But he can work that out with a friend or neighbors phone / computer .