Old 11-14-2020, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default interior wiring and bulb questions

Trying to find the bulb location for the heater controls on my 72 Lemans.
I am also searching for the bulb on the ash tray. I did find a black wire with a small plastic clip the was mostly missing. It looked as if at that point the wire was broken off.

I am also curious as to what I found behind the ashtray wiring area as a small metal elongated cylinder (about 1/2" dia. and one inch long. It has a single grey wire attached to one end.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

fairly sure it snaps in by the fan switch
that black wire is not a wire its a fiber optic .. it plugs into a rectangle plastic plug that fits into the ashtray housing
if it looks broken your missing the brass end and possibly may be in the ash tray housing
unscrew the housing from the dash and look at the top of it ....
your gray wired bullit is the light for the lighter,,,, it slides apart at the fat web ring in the middle bulb pulls out

Scott