Old 10-21-2019, 12:19 AM
Senior Chief

Default 64 Lemans..no rear brakes...

..My front brake lines are plumbed to my front MC reservoir with all new front and rear lines (June 2018) on my newer style dual CPP corvette style MC....my classic car mechanic changed all steel lines and rubber rear line..but claimed it should be front res. of MC to front line, rear to rear.......car stops, but never been happy with it since last yr when this post was orig. made...now, this summer(Sept 2019), I changed up all new rear shoes, new spring kit and new adjuster hardware in both rear drum brakes...for ****s and giggles I jacked car up by the rear end and ran trans in drive at idle, rear wheels off ground and spinning about 15 mph...applied brakes..and no matter how hard i pressed pedal..i got ZERO rear brake...rear whls continued spinning!!..i used E brake and the rear whls stopped!!!
WTF???...do you think it is my rear line plumbed to the rear reservoir on MC???
I seem to remember getting decent bleed on rears(as mechanic did piss poor job and pedal was awfully spongy when i got it back idid my own bleeding)...how could i have this non action?...also, Whl Cyl are only 4 yrs old and car is driven min 5,000 miles per yr..doesn't sit long. Mechanic changed all the rear and front lines to new stainless and did rubber center line over the rear end also...???..help!!!..thanks

Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Why don't you contact CPP to determine which line goes to which end of the MC. Also, typically the fittings at the MC are different sizes just so you can't mix them up.

You might want to start with bench bleeding the MC and then rebleed the rears.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If possible for you, attach a pressure gauge at the rear wheel cylinder bleeder and see what PSI is available. Should be about 3000 psi, from memory.

"Bill"!

Old 10-22-2019, 12:14 AM
Senior Chief

Default thanks Bill...

Thanks Bill!

Old 12-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Senior Chief

Default answer to no rear brakes...

turns out I always go for obvious first...i had all new SS brake lines installed the year before by a supposed "good" old car mechanic.....so i decided to check bleed on rear lines first...and lo and behold...there was enough air to fill the Hindenburg!!(which was actually helium i think...??)...so...after driving this green lemans convertible 1000 miles each way in 95 degree heat and traffic in PA and Ct. this July with SH--tty brakes...i now have them adjusted nice..and they feel like disc brakes on my modern daily driver(1998 camry)...all summer almost getting killed for that crap work by mechanic...thanks for help...also: I did perform a small adjust on the pin to the restored booster/dual MC...it was off almost a 1/4" which also helped activate pedal a little higher for better feel...so watch that adjustment on pedal linkage...thanks again guys...you ALWAYS come thru with BEST advise!!!

Old 12-23-2019, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasse64 View Post
there was enough air to fill the Hindenburg!!(which was actually helium i think...??)
Hindenburg wouldn't have burned if it were helium. It was hydrogen.