THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
So true. When I had my service station I had a mag wheel with a big chunk broken out of the backside of the wheel (total scrap). It had a wide used tire still mounted on the rim, albeit flat. I left it outside in front of the office one night and it disappeared overnight. Would have loved to see the guys face when he saw the big chunk of aluminum missing out of the backside...……...LOL....
I'll BETTER this story. And my story is dead true I swear.

About 30 years ago, I had a German Shepard dog. I also fell into having to look after a not well friends 2 very large dogs for a few weeks. Man, you can just imagine the piles I was cleaning up every day.

Now at the same time I was painting my house. I had a pile of brand new but empty paint tins in the yard. So one day I picked up all the poop which had accumulated over about 3 days, and put it into the paint tins, hammered down the lids. Put the tins in my car trunk and took them to work to throw into the hopper which was being collected that morning. The yard guy had forgotten to unlock the hopper so I put the tins down beside it and went to find him. Took all of 3 minutes. In that time, those tins had been stolen...

I would have loved watching the thief open them up.....

Absolutely true

Old 10-31-2019, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been going to Autofair for years. Probably 10 - 15 years ago, I had a 68 - 70 GTO hood that had blown out of my trailer and was warped/damaged. I told somebody about it, and said I would bring it to the show and let him determine if he thought it was usable. At the time, my spaces were up against a chain link fence in the blue field.

I showed the guy the hood, and he thought it was too warped to work with and didn't buy it. It was windy at the show, so I used a couple of bungie cords to secure it to the chain link fence. I left the cords a little loose so people could lean it over to check out the bottom side.

At the time, my in-laws were alive and I had somewhere to stay at during the show. I went to their house that night, and the guys in the camper beside of me said they would watch my stuff.

That night, somebody decided to grab it and run. The guys in the camper said they got about 2 - 3 feet before the bungie cord went tight, cutting one of thief's hands. When I arrived the next morning, I found blood on the hood (it was white) and several more drops nearby.

It felt suprisingly good and bad at the same time knowing the thieves probably ended up with a nice hospital bill while trying to steal something that I ended up throwing into the scrap metal bin after the show.

Old 11-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What an idiot. Oh well, he just made my 2nd generation Charger worth more money.

Old 11-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
the 1969 RAIV TA seems unbelievably, as in please-let-it-not-be-true-because-it's-so-completely-stupid short sighted...
not a made up tale. old guy owned a salvage yard and people were constantly bugging him about it and he caught some guys trying to steal parts off of it. I bought parts on a regular basis from him and owned the other 69 ta that sold new in his town, he knew I owned it and felt I didn't need two of them at the time. but I just left it at if you ever decide to get rid of it I will pay more than anyone just let me know. I personally saw it in the stack of crushed cars. very sad, but he didn't care one bit and at the time it was probably worth 4k at the most.
to make Oklahoma even worse, one of the 70 ra4 ta's which happen to be a blue one got crushed in another salvage yard but it was wrecked really bad.
if I am not mistaken there were two 69 and three 70 ra4 ta's sold in Oklahoma. so out of 5 , 2 got crushed.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:11 AM

He is an idiot, he lowballed someone as he said to buy it cheap to flip it.. all you have to do is say no to the lowballer. Crush a car..” to show them”” what a moron..

Old 11-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

some people enjoy the attention. obviously it worked.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
Google said almost 50.000.

I think the earlier nose design (General Lee) would be in a different category of desirable?

Being a MOPAR, I am sure even the plastic stuff has rust.
I got a good chuckle out of that one.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guy is a definite mental case. He proved nothing here except he knows how to lose money.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Holy chit what a dumb dumb

Old 11-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Meh. The thread should be called "Guy gets pissed off and garners more attention than he should have". Easy for me to be nonchalant, though I know that it's a classic to some. But it doesn't hold a candle to a comparable GM product, in my opinion. Now, if that had been a '69 GTO Judge, then I would have Doxed him, have Anonymous screw up his whole off and online world, and made his life a holy living hell.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I hit the Lotto, I would buy a 69 Trans Am and post here about it in joy. Then I would secretly buy a 69 regular Bird. I would make a 4 WD monster truck / car out of it, and paint it like a 69 TA. Then I would put a post up here about how I made a monster 4WD out of the 69 TA I bought. And I would make popcorn and sit back for a while.