THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My uncle had a 60 Olds 88 (Super I believe) with a 394 and 3 on the tree. Interesting car....loved the speedometer!

Old 11-05-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG68 View Post
This particular car didn't appear to have any options. Two barrel, engine is still all there, I think it was a 400.
I may go back and take the clutch set up out of it. It appears have been rust free with all the glass intact. Just that hit on behind the drivers door. I grabbed the voltage regulator out of it since the date on the VR was good for my GTO. (Build date on the Olds was a week earlier than my GTO) Nice to have a date correct spare.
Has a lot of similarity to Buick Riviera, appearance wise. Neat find that shouldn't be in the pick a part it has likely two more months than squash.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anonymous View Post
Being an olds guy, that is a super rare setup. Valuable? not likely.

Will it fit the equivalent pontiac? no clue!
Mentioned this car on the www.classicoldsmobile.com site. Maybe someone will be able to purchase some parts for their full size project, before it is gone.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG68 View Post
The picture was taken in the holding area. No plates in the yard accessible by customers.
Yup. The yard I talked to a few years ago said that they were required to turn in the plates and title to the DMV or CHP to prove they weren't chopping stolen cars (it's a BIG problem out here). Once a car moves out of the holding area and onto the yard it's pretty much only leaving as scrap iron or in pieces.

The pedal setup I was told some years back isn't identical to a Pontiac, but will bolt in and work just fine. So for you '67-68 big car guys who want a 3rd pedal, this is your chance. The pedals and linkages are hard to come by.