Old 10-27-2020, 11:03 AM

Default control arms

I have a 67 gto 400 eng ,400 tran. I want to change upper and lower control arms keeping my springs , and drum brakes and spindles , so who arms should i use, would like the new off set ones so i can get more adj out of the front end , this car has ac, thanks all

Old 10-27-2020, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I went with SPC adjustable Arms for the upper. I kept my stock lower arms and put Derine bushing in them, so I could keep the drum brakes.. Now that its done I can say every bit of it was a PITA. However it was a good choice for me and my car.

I spent several days researching the topic.

Old 10-27-2020, 03:02 PM

which spc arms did you go with, the ones with the ball joints, or the ones with no ball joints, thanks for the infor.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I went with the new spc arms that come with the tall BJ. Sold through Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 10-27-2020, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
I went with the new spc arms that come with the tall BJ. Sold through Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rohrt, interesting, i have the older spc arms, have you driven on these new arms and how do you like them.............i havent installed the arms i have now, so i was thinking these might be better.

Rich

Old 10-27-2020, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtorich View Post
Rohrt, interesting, i have the older spc arms, have you driven on these new arms and how do you like them.............i haven't installed the arms i have now, so i was thinking these might be better.

Rich
Well with everything else still stock I can't honestly say It feels too much different. I didn't get to drive all that much before putting it away for the winter either. I did buy RideTech adjustable shocks as well. I have not messed with the adjustment much. The car seemed to wander a bit before I dug into it. Now it feels pretty tight. No hint of wandering now. I'm still running 14" tires, stock springs, drum brakes, stock steering gear and stock sway bar. Given the stock tires alone I didn't think I would feel much difference.

I wanted to shoot for 3 deg of Caster but my frame appears to be tweaked. I had a huge shim stack on one side and nearly no shim stack on the other side, with the old arms. Of course no shim stack now, but I'm at the limit of the arms on the driver side. But longer adjusters could be used. The guy that did the alignment said he had a hell of time with it. He spend 3 hours on it when It normally takes 1 hour. He said he would adjust one side and it would throw off the other side. SPC Tech support said it should be the easiest adjustment ever. I don't know. He did get 1.5 deg of caster out of it. I was hoping to feel it a bit in the steering but I can't say I do.

Luckily I can't feel any harshness to the ride with the delrin bushing in the LCA.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:02 AM

thanks for the infor. thye ones with the ball joints are not cheap, but what is today I have put on the 1 1/4 sway bar help a lot, and put all new linkage on front end, then I put the shims under the eng, to get it from rubing oil pan, also the quick steering box, all of this help handing much better,