The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Done.........

Well.... We are done with the underside. Attached are a few pictures, keep in mind this is still wet. What we did was sprayed one good coat of primer ontop of the 3M seam sealer (that stuff is great....) We let the primer sit for a few minutes then we sprayed two coats of the Black urethane as you can see in the pictures. We did not spray the urethane in the wheel wells as tomorrow night I am doing to spray in a coat of rubberized coating in the well area. Once this is done, we will then prep-prime-seal-prime-urethane the firewall and cowl area then the body goes back on the frame this weekend. I want to thank as always everyones advice on helping us out as we dont know what we are doing, but not affraid to try.

Jeff, If both of us do not see you in Norwalk next year, I will definnetly be there as I already have my kitchen pass for it.

Chris, I used two guns. One is a gravity feed HVLP by Wall Wick with a 1.5 nozzel. The other gun I used is an el-cheapo from Home Depot, I used this one to get into the tight areas etc. It is a conventional gun I paid $29 for. I bought a year ago a Husky (Home Depot) 60 Gal, 11SCFM, 7hp, 240 volt, 2 stage compressor. It works great with all out air tools and sprayers.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	one.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	27035   Click image for larger version

Name:	two.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	27036   Click image for larger version

Name:	three.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	27037  

It is not a problem.... It is just a blood pressure monitor.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dang Bill that looks great!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill,

It must feel awful good to have this done and looking so good. Are you going to spray the DX54 Roadguard in the wheel wells? It may not spray through your HVLP so you should do a test shoot first.

John

Old 09-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Shawn, Thanks. How have you been these days? How is the car coming?

John, Thanks. It is a great feeling to finally see progress. I bought a few months ago and sprayed tonight Eastwoods rubberized undercoating. Man, what a mess. The HVLP did not work and neither did the undercoating jun. So I sprayed as best that I could and rubbed it in with my hands to smooth it out. Not the preiest thing, but worked. Looks okay, but I am happy with it. Just did the rear wheel wells. Tomorrow I plan on doing the steps for the firewall/cowl area and Sunday place the body back on the frame if I can figure out how I am going to do that safely Thanks for all the help...

Bill

It is not a problem.... It is just a blood pressure monitor.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well Bill I finally got back to my rear window channel. And I may be the proud owner of a 68 le mans in the morning.Will post pics when I can.