The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

View Poll Results: Can vinyl graphics be clear coated
Yes, wait 30 days before applying 2 more coats of clear coat 0 0%
Yes, but you should apply in between clear coats no need to wait 30 days 1 7.14%
No, this will eventually crack and you will have to redo the panel(s) - I have seen it happen 2 14.29%
No, any repairs to the area may be extensive to deal with the graphic under the clear coat 4 28.57%
Please do it so if it fails I can learn from your mistake as I was thinking about doing it 7 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoV8
Wow, is your car a RA IV?
No. It's an LS6 Chevelle...........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Senior Chief

I have cleared over 1/4 and 3/8 vinyl tape stripes many times without any problems. In fact I painted my Road King 6 years ago and used a 1/4 inch silver metalflake vinyl stripe to seperate the two colors. I put on two heavy coats of clear to bury the stripe and then blocked them flat and then two more coats of clear. Cant feel the stripes. This was 6 years ago and no problems. The bike is kept in a garage. But your car probably is too.