Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1969 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX, SJ, 428 HO heads, at, hoodtack, 12 bolt.

Did/could the package above come on that car. If so is it rare? Approx. what would it be worth in very good condition?

Thanks,

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1969 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX, SJ, 428 HO heads, at, hoodtack, 12 bolt.

Did/could the package above come on that car. If so is it rare? Approx. what would it be worth in very good condition?

Thanks,

― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 05-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Come on! Someone must have some idea.

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 05-27-2005, 06:55 PM

To the best of my knowledge, yes to all of them. I could possibly be wrong about the HO heads, at least from the factory. It's fairly rare, but they're out there. It's very hard to put a value on a car that I haven't seen, but if it is in very good condition as you say, probably somewhere in the range of $7,500-$12,500 with a lot of factors deciding the exact numbers. Also the definition of "very good condition" is highly subjective. I'm thinking low miles (under 100K), few owners (1-3), no rust (never had it never will) and no bondo, etc. A picture would help.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:57 PM

the 69 could have came with any or all of those options.

phs the stick car before giving big money for it. they are super rare and bring good money.

price is subjective to condition.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thx guys. I'll get the VIN and send it to PHS and see. Just didn't want to mess with it if it wasn't even possable to get one or all of those options.

Thanks again,

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 05-28-2005, 06:02 PM

As a FYI...there were no heads specific to the 428 HO...it was a complete package that made the 428 HO

Old 05-29-2005, 07:58 PM

"...there were no heads specific to the 428 HO...

Yeah that's where I was not sure. I don't think that any Grand Prixs got Ram Air heads or anything like that, but again I am not positive.
And who is to say that none of them were snuck off of the line with special goodies? If I worked on the line at the Potiac factory back then, and wanted a Grand Prix (instead of a GTO or Firebird), you can bet that the hottest motor that I could find would go into my GP. How about a 69 RAIII 400? To the best of my knowledge, that's hotter than a regular 428. But again, not sure...

As far as the value of your car, look at this auction. It's not the same, but if your car has all of the options that you mentioned, the values are probably close although if this one was in better shape it would cartainly be worth more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Old 05-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gpmodelj70:
As a FYI...there were no heads specific to the 428 HO...it was a complete package that made the 428 HO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to call the guy and ask him more questions, he might have just worded it oddly. This car has been for sale for several months now and I have watched the guy lower the price a couple of times. From the picture it looks good but the picture is only of the front of the car. I'll post a link to it. Someone should go look at it that lives in the area. I can't buy it right now anyway. Below is the info. I've been setting on it hoping to snatch it up but I think I'll get laid off in Sept. so I'm just going to give up on it. I'll post it in the For Sale section also.

1969 CLASS Classic / Antique
MAKE PONTIAC
MODEL GRAND PRIX
PRICE $5,500.00
LOCATION GOLDEN VALLEY, MN
CONTACT NUMBER (763) 545-5519

DESCRIPTION
1969 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX, SJ, 428 HO heads, at, hoodtack, 12 bolt, too much to list, $5500 /obo/trade? ;763-545-5519 GOLDEN VALLEY, MN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69GPSJ428HO.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	16118  

― Socrates
― Plato
Old 05-31-2005, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had two 69 GPs with the 428HO.

The motor should be a XG with #62 heads. You could get the 428HO with a/c but only with automatic transmission. The 428HO comes with the same long branch exhaust manifolds that came on the 67-69 Firebird HO and D-port ram air cars.

The rear end should be a heavy duty 10 bolt rear. The 12-bolt wasn't offered until 1970 in the 455.

I personally haven't seen a 69 GP with hood tach, but I believe it was offered as an option that year. Both of mine had the tach in-dash.

Mike