Old 08-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '76 GP help for a friend

My friend been trying to find an assembly manual for a '76 GP. So far he has had no luck. The last person he contacted said that as far as he knew, one was never made. Is this true?
Also, he noticed that most info on the GP's ends around the '72/'74 model years. Does anyone know of a good/reliable source for referance material on the '76 GP?
He will be parking my GP as it is starting to show it's age. It's been the family car for quite some time now and he can't part with it. He'd like to make it his first project car and he wants to do it properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 08-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When you refer to an assembly manual, do you mean a factory service and Fisher body manual set? I have also heard people speak of, though I have never seen myself, assembly manuals that the factory used as the cars moved down the assembly line that showed how the whole car went together.

As for reliable sources of information, there are a few guys here who know their stuff about these cars. There is also a Yahoo group devoted to the '73-'77 GPs, although I don't know how active it is, as I don't go there often. And the factory service and Fisher manuals are chock full of useful information, as well. Is that helpful?

Old 08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes that helps a bit. I'll have to see if I get any more bites, that is if anyone has seen one of those assembly manuals that the factory used as the cars moved down the assembly line that showed how the whole car went together. I would love to find one of those but I bet they are like hens teeth.

Thanks!

― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 08-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

May I ask why you want one of those manuals specifically? Are you going to do a frame off, show car restoration on your car? If you just want to restore and renew it, then the more readily available manuals should be able to show you what you need to know. Of course, I'd love to have one of those assembly manuals, too, just because you can never have too much information.

Hopefully, other members will chime in here.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He's thinking of a frame off but I think it's a bit over kill myself but I'm like you the more info the better. If he really goes that far he will have it then kind'a thing.

― Socrates
― Plato