Ultimate Warrior

how about a 67
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/4859076148.html

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 01-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks for the lead..

I actually finally found a car..local..

66 catalina from cali..appears to be rust free.....post car..389 3 speed on the column..should have it done in a week or so..we are a little apart on the money..but he keeps calling me..so i'm gonna make a final offer..im pretty sure i will get it..no one but me wants it

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-31-2015, 08:38 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63gpman View Post
I dig the rare vent visors...

Old 03-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
thanks for the lead..

I actually finally found a car..local..

66 catalina from cali..appears to be rust free.....post car..389 3 speed on the column..should have it done in a week or so..we are a little apart on the money..but he keeps calling me..so i'm gonna make a final offer..im pretty sure i will get it..no one but me wants it
Did you end up getting it?
Post up some pictures, we need to see it!
Rob...

Old 03-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No..unfortunately i didnt get the car. It belonged to an 87 year old guy and someone was helping him sell it on the internet because the old guy doesnt know how to use a computer..the old guy owned a ford dealership that Ford made him close in 80 and the catalina was a trade in..it had been sitting in the dealership til it fell down around the 50 or so cars in the show room.

the broker got locked up for 90 days...sems drinking and loosing your liscense isnt a big deal in iowa...so once you loose it..you can drive with out it...im trying to figure out how bad it was to be locked up for not having it....sounds like a multi-repeat offender...im not even sure if its 90 days or a year...before he went away he called and said he would be unavailable for a bit.....around here thats locked up..but he denied it..i finally got the old guy to admit he was in jail

the broker lied..said it was from California and it lived its whole life in Iowa....

the broker said no rust...the old guy said it had the 1/4s patched..and the trunk was rusty i assumed..they refused to clean the trunk out..and it was full to the top with parts...and couldnt convince them why the trunk pan was important to me

the old guy called me after it was apparent the kid wasnt getting out of the klink on time..

it just wasnt meant to be..but basically, i had probs with the brokers story and life style so i stayed in Kansas...instead of meeting them somewhere on the hiway with 5 gs cash..

It was a cool car...66 catalina..post car...389 4bbl 3 speed stick on the column...factory black with red guts....and dog dish hub caps..

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Last edited by marxjunk; 03-23-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm done...ive been on more goose chases than anything ive ever searched for in my life...i appreciate everyones help...no more emails for leads needed or wanted..thanks

The Goat whisperer