Old 07-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Senior Chief

Can someone help me, Awhile ago there was a topic going somewhere on here about vin tags and the rivits that hold them in place I need to find this post so I can read thought it, I have a problem with a car that I sold a year and ahalf ago, the guy is sueing me now and says it was tampered with, I gave him the paper work from phs and it was inspected by the state trooper and passed so now I have to go to court and fight it out with this clown cuz he is not happy with this car, I had listed it on ebay with a full detail of the car ( used, as is needed restored ) my lawyer said not to worry he won't win cuz I have all the paper work and even the copy of the title from the guy I got it form. so wish me luck on this, if not I might just buy it back and restore it some time in the furture as I miss having this car now. AND I KNOW IT IS REAL 100% sure it is. OH bye the way this guy said the rivits are in backwards and the topic that I was in someone said that sometime they might come out like that. sorry for such a long post but very mad and upset over this. I sold the car back in Jan. 2002, Oh it was allso missing a trim tag and I told him this and he said not aproblem and now he said you can't sell a car with out a trim tag on it.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Senior Chief

Can someone help me, Awhile ago there was a topic going somewhere on here about vin tags and the rivits that hold them in place I need to find this post so I can read thought it, I have a problem with a car that I sold a year and ahalf ago, the guy is sueing me now and says it was tampered with, I gave him the paper work from phs and it was inspected by the state trooper and passed so now I have to go to court and fight it out with this clown cuz he is not happy with this car, I had listed it on ebay with a full detail of the car ( used, as is needed restored ) my lawyer said not to worry he won't win cuz I have all the paper work and even the copy of the title from the guy I got it form. so wish me luck on this, if not I might just buy it back and restore it some time in the furture as I miss having this car now. AND I KNOW IT IS REAL 100% sure it is. OH bye the way this guy said the rivits are in backwards and the topic that I was in someone said that sometime they might come out like that. sorry for such a long post but very mad and upset over this. I sold the car back in Jan. 2002, Oh it was allso missing a trim tag and I told him this and he said not aproblem and now he said you can't sell a car with out a trim tag on it.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Check this thread out:

http://forums.performanceyears.com/g...8816#566608816

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/
Old 07-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Suspended

What kinda a car is it? My 69 and 70 cars are upside down. 68s are upside but you can't see them unless you take the dash pad loose.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Senior Chief

It's a 1970 gto judge. And yes you can see the rivits from the top, and they look just like my other 70 gto judge that I have and it to was check by the state.

Old 07-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That sounds like a real mess. Why dont you just buy the car back. Good luck to you.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Senior Chief

Well I would buy it back but then I have to pay for the other guy's shipping and I'm not giving into this guy so after all this is over and I ( hope ) I win I'll make him a offer to buy it back and I'll keep it this time cuz I do miss it now that it is gone and after seeing all the white judges I've have seen they look pretty good.