THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't know anything about them but as a dyed-in-the-wool convert guy I have always noticed the Jag converts over the past 20+ years, always thought they were good looking and the F type is especially so. Nice choice.

A few questions.

Do they offer them with a stick?

What kind of highway fuel economy have you gotten at 75-80 on an open interstate?

I've never done a lease so know very little about them. Will you have the opportunity to purchase at the end of lease and is the sell price already established in the lease agreement?

Old 07-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Friend of mine here has got that exact car (a red one). Bought it new. Took me for a drive in the country a couple of years ago and I have to say it frightened me. The power running up some winding country roads was astonishing. And the rapid decelleration pulling into and around a corner was breath taking.

Problem is, I'm much more used to more sedate driving these days and I have no wish to be a statistic!!!

Same guy just on 2 years ago received a Jaguar Project 7. One of I think 250 built, half in RHD, half in LHD. 7 of them came to Australia although apparently several have already been shipped to other overseas buyers who missed out on buying one. Someone has made a profit!! His is a deep British Racing Green colour.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 07-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
Don't know anything about them but as a dyed-in-the-wool convert guy I have always noticed the Jag converts over the past 20+ years, always thought they were good looking and the F type is especially so. Nice choice.

A few questions.

Do they offer them with a stick?

What kind of highway fuel economy have you gotten at 75-80 on an open interstate?

I've never done a lease so know very little about them. Will you have the opportunity to purchase at the end of lease and is the sell price already established in the lease agreement?
Thanks John!

Yes, it is available in a manual. I've not taken a lengthy trip in it yet but it is rated at 21mpg city/28mpg highway.

Every leased vehicle has a residual value which is used to determine monthly lease payments as well as establish what the leasing company thinks the car will be worth at lease end based on the terms of the lease (length and allowed miles). It makes sense to buy the car at lease end if you really like it and the car's fair market value is greater than the residual value. Other terms of the lease can come into play at lease end which can factor in to whether or not it makes sense to buy it outright. I will most likely turn this one in on a brand new one in 2021 or I may opt for a 1 or 2 year old low mileage lease return. So far, I'm really liking the F-Type.

1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red/Black Interior
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 07-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post
Friend of mine here has got that exact car (a red one). Bought it new. Took me for a drive in the country a couple of years ago and I have to say it frightened me. The power running up some winding country roads was astonishing. And the rapid decelleration pulling into and around a corner was breath taking.

Problem is, I'm much more used to more sedate driving these days and I have no wish to be a statistic!!!

Same guy just on 2 years ago received a Jaguar Project 7. One of I think 250 built, half in RHD, half in LHD. 7 of them came to Australia although apparently several have already been shipped to other overseas buyers who missed out on buying one. Someone has made a profit!! His is a deep British Racing Green colour.
It will get up and go for sure! The Project 7 is in another class.

1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 07-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post

Modern D-Type!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-11-2018, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up F-Type Jag

Wow Scott, it's simply beautiful . I can't wait for a ride in your new white rocket with the active exhaust uncorked!

I'm so jealous .

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspin View Post
Wow Scott, it's simply beautiful . I can't wait for a ride in your new white rocket with the active exhaust uncorked!

I'm so jealous .
Thanks, Les! Rodders?

Old 07-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow

Sorry, no Rodders for a while . I suffered a fall while working around the pool and banged up my right knee pretty bad. It's hell to be .

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 07-13-2018, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspin View Post
Sorry, no Rodders for a while . I suffered a fall while working around the pool and banged up my right knee pretty bad. It's hell to be .
That sucks, man! Get well!