Old 02-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Antique Auto Battery

Anyone call in the last month or so and talk with a real person? messages are not returned. Its the only place that sell GM repo batteries. http://www.antiqueautobattery.com/batteries.html. They say the customer comes first WOW! Did they out of business? Thats where Ames gets there batteries also

Old 02-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Try Tom at http://restorationbattery.com

Old 02-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default battery

Tom retired , he was getting his batteries from Antique Auto Battery.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:16 AM

Not at all happy with my purchase from them. Battery took a dump in less than a year and it was a major problem to get any kind of satisfaction, they will make you jump thru the hoops. Do not recommend.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Has anyone tried to crack open the case and replace the battery?

1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red/Black Interior
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 02-27-2018, 02:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They are held together with butyl and have a Odyssey AGM battery inside that can be replaced. Make sure that you are using a charger designed for AGM batteries as well.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So does anyone know of another source for reproduction batteries?

Old 02-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
They are held together with butyl and have a Odyssey AGM battery inside that can be replaced. Make sure that you are using a charger designed for AGM batteries as well.
Have you opened one up? Have any pics to share?

1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 02-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like there is a business opportunity here. A single source supplier that stinks. Poor customer service and a product that is clearly needed. Someone could step in and really fill a void here.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default BATTERIES

The BBB of Youngstown Oh. cant even contact them for the last seven weeks. showing that people called on Antique Auto Battery.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Antique Auto Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexus31 View Post
Have you opened one up? Have any pics to share?
I have not opened one but was given this information when I asked about replacing the battery when it gets to the end of it's lifespan from the manufacturer.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Senior Chief

I have one that lasted 6 plus years, never had it on a trickle charger either. I always put the cars away in October and come April just slow charge and they always work. . I have the old one saved and it’s in the garage gathering dust... Maybe it’s time to dissect it. I always see them at Carlisle. I’ll be there in the Spring. Let’s see what happens maybe they’re somewhere warm for the winter....

Old 03-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some really good news to post here. I contacted Turbo Start batteries https://turbostart.com/ and they informed me that they will begin selling reproduction batteries again soon. They seemed to insinuate within the next month or so. They had stopped selling due to licensing agreement negotiations. Most of their reproduction batteries are AGM, with a few wet cell batteries due to packaging issues for manufacturing. You will be able to order off of their website or by phone if you prefer.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default battery

Antique auto battery is again making batteries but still not answering the phones. Turbo start batteries are 2 months away.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A little history: New Castle Battery was the first company to do Delco(repo) tar top batteries That Company is now Turbostart

Old 03-17-2018, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to hear they are back in business and making product. A simple message on a voice mail or web site could have eased everyone's fears. We used TurboStart 16 volt batteries decades ago in the race car. Excellent quality and good service. Even back then, they always seemed to be on the edge of not staying in business though. Seems like it would be a lucrative venture.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gotta laugh

Antique Auto Battery is a family owned and operated business that was started in 1989. Previous to that year, the owner worked for another battery company and saw the need for “more detail” regarding the battery manufacturing process. Owners of antique and classic cars soon found that the attention to detail, craftsmanship, quality and customer service of Antique Auto Battery was superb.

The positive word spread and people from every state and many countries around the world have purchased batteries from Antique Auto Battery. We have the correct battery for every car or truck, including maintenance free batteries - that look correct on the outside.

The owners of Antique Auto Battery say that “Winners of antique car shows send us pictures of their trophies, plaques and ribbons. We are proud to be a part of the community of old and classic car buffs. Making sure that we offer the correct battery for every application is important to us.

We get a charge out of helping a person get a battery that they are sure doesn’t exist. All of our batteries are hand-made and attention to detail is a very serious matter to us.
Antique Auto Battery has become the nation’s largest outlet for…

Antique Auto Batteries.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Bottom of the battery inside the case itself is in epoxy about 1/2" deep covering the ground connector, which makes it impossible to rebuild. The battery posts are hollow with the cable soldered inside the hollow. I'm done playing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery guts.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	479001  

Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wonderful, I was specifically told that they were rebuildable by Antique Auto Battery. I guess if they told you the truth they might not sell as many.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8LUG View Post
Bottom of the battery inside the case itself is in epoxy about 1/2" deep covering the ground connector, which makes it impossible to rebuild. The battery posts are hollow with the cable soldered inside the hollow. I'm done playing
How did you get the cover off?