Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 07-22-2019, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Converting from Manual Disks to Power Disks - '64 GTO

Some time ago I converted my Manual Drum '64 GTO to Manual Disk/Drum using the SSBC conversion kit. I'd like to know what parts I would need to for conversion to a Power Disk/Drum setup. I'd like to get a new Master Cylinder. Can I just pick one up from the parts store? If so, what year is recommended? I will obviously need a Booster, but which one? As for the Proportioning Valve, can I use the dial type that was included in my SSBC conversion kit or would it be better to use an OEM unit? If OEM, which one? Which Distribution Block? I would also like to get a new Brake Pedal Rod. I'd like to get an OEM unit that was made for a dual master/power brake application.

1964 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power, 4 Speed, Grenadier Red/Black Interior
1965 Chrysler 300 Convertible, 383/727TF, Factory Air, Spanish Red/Red Interior/White Top
Old 07-23-2019, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Order the booster kit from CPP it comes with everything you need. They are good to deal with and have a lifetime warranty. Just call them tell them what you are doing and they will send you what you need. Some people say it’s chinese junk but I have used at least a dozen kits, only had one problem and they next day aired my part. My last AC DELCO made in Mexico master cylinder was machined wrong and wouldn’t fit the booster