WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 2004/2005 Roll Call

New posts have been sparse here for a while now and I was wondering who's still here. I've been enjoying my '04 for over a year now and it's only getting better. If you're still here and still own yours, let us know how it's doing. I've seen a few veterans here from time to time but others haven't seen in a while. What's up? How you doing?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had my 04 since February 2004, now with 35K trouble free miles. Daily driver and turned a 13.3@104 factory stock.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 10-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ive owned mine since 9/11/04 and have had a blast owning it.ive even had it in a couple of gto shows ive got 1st place ,since no one else had entered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture006.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	29710  
Old 10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Senior Chief

I'm still here. Mine's not a daily driver, but I can't bear to put it into hibernation for the winter just yet. The car is just too fun to drive, and I take her out every chance I get. It's bone stock except for a CAGS eliminator, and the rear GTO insert is painted black. The car sounds great and has more than enough power for me, and I'm not into drag racing so I'm leaving the drivetrain and exhaust alone. I may eventually go with a short-throw shifter like the GMM Rip Shifter though. The one major thing I will eventually get for the car (need to save up for a while) is a set of custom-made Rally IIs. I haven't even priced them yet but I know they're not cheap.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R
It's bone stock....

Hey Jeff, I never much cared for the yellow in the 04/05, but for some reason yours looks pretty good at that angle. Maybe it's the solid black interior. The only yellow I've seen was an 04 with a multi faceted interior and I didn't care for it. I think a solid interior looks good on these cars...jmo.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hey jeff i was lookin at the same thing,the custom rally 2 are like 360 a piece ,i was goin to get the rally wheels with the 17 inch redlines
Old 10-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70goat
Hey Jeff, I never much cared for the yellow in the 04/05, but for some reason yours looks pretty good at that angle. Maybe it's the solid black interior. The only yellow I've seen was an 04 with a multi faceted interior and I didn't care for it. I think a solid interior looks good on these cars...jmo.
Thanks red. From some angles the car looks long and sleek (not quite f-body, but close), from other angles it looks bulbous like a Honda...no matter what the color. I think the rear end looks much better since I blacked it out...breaks up that huge rear bumper. I have seen a few yellow '04s with different interior combinations (definitely not stock) and I didn't like the looks at all. I think solid yellow & black looks pretty mean though.

PS My crappy old camera is on its last legs, and it does weird things with colors these days. The car is actually brighter yellow than the photo.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:18 AM

It's funny you would post this as i haven't been to this site since last year. For a subforum for "new" GTOs this was one of the most negative, rude bunch of aging old goaters on the planet. All they did was groan about how bland the car looked (they forgot the original goat, a tempest, didn't exactly stand out next to 'cudas and such). They also forgot that stock it wasn't the quickest too. Anyways, i've been doing fine and still love the car. My biggest gripe was the sloppy shifter but i've recently upgraded to the Rip Shifter and it kicks butt. I've done a few minor mods like air box, TB bypass and oil catch can. A few more serious mods will be in a year or so when the warranty runs out. Here's a pix of Ziggy.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by svede1212
... (they forgot the original goat, a tempest, didn't exactly stand out next to 'cudas and such).
Oh jeez, here we go again! How much did the 1964 Tempest look like it's foreign competitors?...None. How much does the current GTO format look like it's foreign competitiors?...Plenty. Comparing the Tempest then to the GTO now is ridiculous at best. Like I've said before, the only real experts on this forum are the ones who don't give a rats ass what other car it looks like but bought it because they drove it and they liked it....Pure and simple, nothing else.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=Jeff R] I think the rear end looks much better since I blacked it out...breaks up that huge rear bumper. I have seen a few yellow '04s..... (definitely not stock) and I didn't like the looks at all. I think solid yellow & black looks pretty mean though.(QUOTE]

Ditto. Finally, an honest answer from somebody that actually understands this car. Nice looking car Jeff.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70goat
Oh jeez, here we go again! How much did the 1964 Tempest look like it's foreign competitors?...None. How much does the current GTO format look like it's foreign competitiors?...Plenty. Comparing the Tempest then to the GTO now is ridiculous at best. Like I've said before, the only real experts on this forum are the ones who don't give a rats ass what other car it looks like but bought it because they drove it and they liked it....Pure and simple, nothing else.
see? i rest my case. there really weren't any foreign competetors then to speak of. had a '64. big engine- plain car. that wasn't my point. my point is you're a troll on your "own" board. you don't see this kind of crap anywhere else. go back to the comb-over section of the board. see ya next year
Old 10-15-2005, 04:12 PM

i also don't get "confused" with a foreign car. it's either a grand am, grand prix or alero, none of them foreign last i checked.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
. that wasn't my point. my point is ...
You have no point other than than the one on top of your head.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Red, now you're just being an A$$HOLE...

NIKIV, I guess I got my answer, I see a wing on the back of the car! Ha Ha.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
i also don't get "confused" with a foreign car. it's either a grand am, grand prix or alero, none of them foreign last i checked.
LOL, you just have to teach them one by one that this is one Grand Prix, Grand Am, Cavalier that has to be reckoned with. Just today had a kid in an early nineties Z28 that cut me off trying to show off with his loud exhaust. We both made right turns off a side street onto a main four lane highway. I saw the que from the exhaust and made chase and overtook him in less than an eighth of a mile. I don't usually do this but he ticked me off when he cut in front of me. Don't think he'll do that again after being embarrassed like that. I guarantee he won't ever confuse the goat with anything else ever again.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WOW, this is amazing! I'm sure there are more owners here. Come on guys, as much as some hate to admit it, our cars are the future. I'll be the first to admit that the vintage editions are infinitely more special. But the new ones are special too! At this point, I don't think I could give up either one. They are vastly different, but offer the same excitement.

Hey Red, that snow melted yet? Started up that '70 lately? You promised us some pictures. I guess you're like me, don't know how to post pictures yet. But I just bought a digital camera and will be posting mine as soon as I can figure out how to do it.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pont3
Just today had a kid in an early nineties Z28 that cut me off trying to show off with his loud exhaust.
...For the record: Even I think a 2004 / 2005 GTO is cooler than a nineties era Camaro...too pubescent.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:03 PM

For what it is worth I am here.
'04 Quicksilver M6 owned since 11/30/04.
18" Ronal R41s.
'05 hood.
Spoiler deleted.
I tried to join this forum over a year ago but couldn't get my password to work correctly.

It was so difficult to read some of the posts here that I stopped trying to login.

Anyway, here I am now.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via MSN to fast72lemans

I'm a new owner.....'05 Quicksilver automatic. I picked it up yesterday and love it. Everyone that has seen it knew it was a GTO and new it had 400Hp???

Last edited by fast72lemans; 03-30-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 AM

I'm a new owner of a 2005 also. It's midnight blue with an automatic. I actually got it for my wife to drive. She had been saying that she wanted a minivan for a long time, but after some clever tactics on my part we finally decided to get the GTO She lets me drive it once in a while when she can bare to part with it. It's a really fun car to drive and people are always pulling up beside us wanting us to "smoke the tires". Never had that to happen in a four banger!
70 Grand Prix J-Granada Gold
70 Grand Prix J-Verdoro Green (4-speed)