Old 05-12-2005, 09:22 AM

WILL FRONT HUB & DRUM OFF 70 BONNEVILLE BE SAME & FIT 69 CATALINA ?

Old 05-12-2005, 09:22 AM

WILL FRONT HUB & DRUM OFF 70 BONNEVILLE BE SAME & FIT 69 CATALINA ?

Old 05-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Remember that parts sheet I PMed you about? I am willing to bet that it will tell me if the '69 Cats used the same front drums as the '70 Bonnies. I'm at work right now, but I'll check it for you when I get home.

One thing you might want to do is to ask if anyone here on the board has a Hollander interchange manual. That way, you could find out what other cars might have drums that would fit your Catalina. If there were others, it would make your search criteria wider and increase your chances of success.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:34 AM

OK--THANKS--MAKE SURE YOU CHECK UNDER HUB--AS FAR AS I BELIEVE, 1965 TO 1970 CAN ALL INTERCHANGE DRUMS, BUT IT IS THE HUB THAT IS DIFFERENT ON EACH OF THEM-- I WAS TOLD 69-70 ARE THE SAME ONLY, BUT WASNT TOO CLEAR IF WAS JUST 69-70 CAT OR ALL FULLSIZES

Old 05-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, here is what I found:

Part sheet says, for the front hub and drum, for all fullsize 1969-70 models w/power brakes, the part number is 9798143. So, it seems that any fullsize model (i.e. Cats and Bonnies) for those two years used the same front hub/drum.

Doing a Google search for that GM part number, I got a hit for the following site:

http://www.automobilearchives.com/parts_list_page_9.htm

No idea who they are, but they show that they have 3 of those drums in stock, for $75 each. Just scroll down the page until you see that part number, the parts are on that page from lowest number to highest.

So, you should be in good shape now, I hope!

Old 05-12-2005, 04:56 PM

THANKS ALOT-- IT'S ACTUALLY THE HUB I NEED--THE DRUMS ON THAT LINK ARE SOLD WITHOUT THE HUB

Old 05-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmm, my parts sheets do not have a separate listing for hubs, it just says "front hub and drum" and then gives the years and part number. So, I figured that that number I gave you was for the hub and drum assembly...

Old 05-13-2005, 05:54 AM

YES, IT IS FRONT DRUM & HUB ORIGINALLY, BUT FOR SOME REASON, ALL THE DRUMS SOLD COME WITHOUT THE HUB. I DONT KNOW WHY. NAPA, AUTOZONE, ADVANCE AUTO, AMES PERFORMANCE, THE LINK YOU PROVIDED, KANTER'S, THEY ALL SELL THE DRUM'S, BUT THEY DONT COME WITH HUBS FOR SOME REASON. I HAVENT TRIED PY, BUT I'M SURE IT'S THE SAME. ANYWAY, I CANT AFFORD A BRAND NEW ONE RIGHT NOW. THIS HAS ME ALL SCREWED UP NOW. I MISSED A DAY & HALF AT WORK DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO GET THERE, SO CHEAPER IS BETTER FOR ME RIGHT NOW...I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP DAVE---THANKS FOR LOOKING UP THE PARTS NUMBERS, & BILL MORGAN GAVE ME SOME INTERCHANGE INFO.. LOOKS LIKE PHIL FERNS 70 BONNEVILLE DRUM/HUB IS A MATCH SO I'LL BE GETTING THAT FROM HIM AS SOON AS I SAVE UP THE CASH TO DO IT ...

P.S., JUST TO LET YOU KNOW MY ALL CAPS ISNT ME YELLING... LOL... I USE COMPUTER AT WORK & HAVE TO HAVE IT ON ALL CAPS FOR THE ACCOUNTS SOFTWARE--

Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Catalina Dave mentioned Automobile Archives - I've done business with them several times, and they're good people to deal with with fair prices (a month or two ago I bought a full set of NOS ball joints from them for my '61 Bonneville.)

If you send them a request, they will email you a list of all the NOS stuff they have in stock for your year and model car.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ah, I get it now, Jody. How much is the drum/hub that you are getting?

Oh, and I always did kinda wonder about the all-caps! Thanks for explaining

Stuart, that is good to know about that company. Like I said, I just found that link in a Google search, so it is good to know they are a reputable company. I might just send a request to find out what parts they have for my cars.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:35 AM

I JUST TALKED TO PHIL ON THE PHONE JUST NOW---
$40 + SHIPPING, GOTTA FIGURE SOME THINGS OUT TO MAKE SURE IT'LL FIT & GET THE MONEY TO HIM-- BILL SAYS IT WILL DEFINATELY FIT, THEN SOMEONE CHECKED HOLLANDERS MANUAL FOR ME & IT IS A DEFINATE MATCH, BUT PHIL SD MEASURE IT & CALL HIM TO MAKE SURE????