Old 10-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Suspended

I'm going to go through my finances one more time and make sure that everything will check out.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman
$380 to be exact. They are absolutely beautiful! The guy is selling another 3 W.O. mouldings in the near future.
I was watching them myself to see how far they went.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default BORKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeArBaNgEr56
It's not like I'm hoarding the car, I wasn't going to post the location out of respect for the owner. I don't see why you guys would consider this a parts car, its 99% complete the only thing I saw that was missing is the turn signal lever, after all this is a complete W72 car. As for rust, have you seen some of the crusty muscle cars being restored? If someone truely wants a Can Am, then I think this car is worth saving. Out of the roughly 1300, who knows how many are left? If nobody wants this thing, I might just have to buy it later on down the road when I have some more room/bread. I think these CA's are a great investment and will definately bring some bucks down the road and we all know this. If you remember how the GTOs were and look at how the TA's have shot up recently, I even see the '80-81 301 cars bringing some crazy prices.
I'm still unsure of your intent, you hint around like you really want it sold, yet you repeatedly refuse to put anyone in contact with the owner. If he really wants to sell it, it shouldn't matter who he sells it to, as long as he gets paid.
Are you offering to broker this car? That always works.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=496373

Old 10-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Borker... LOL!!

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 11-22-2006, 08:16 AM

Is this car still for sale?

Old 11-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default If it walks like a borker, and it quacks like a borker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by green66gto
Is this car still for sale?
I am still not convinced that it ever was for sale.
The VW guy, gearbanger56, deleted his last two messages in this thread. In the first one, he said for anyone that wanted contact information about this car should send him a private message. I sent him a private message asking him for the alleged contact information and he never replied.
In his second deleted post, that was posted eleven hours after the previous one, he stated that the car had sold for $1100.
Later that day, both posts were removed. Sounds like he BORKERED a deal for someone, bragged about it for a couple of hours, then deleted it.
He hasn't posted anything since.
So either
1. the whole thing was a scam
2. he is still sitting on the car, hoping to save enough to buy it himself one day
3. he hooked up someone with the owner's name and the owner sold it for less than half what he told gearbanger he wanted for it, in which case, if it were me, I would be telling the world about it.
But it isn't me, I have nothing to do with this car, the real owner, gearbanger56, or his alias gearbanger56@aol.com.
But if someone did buy it, I am interested in some parts for my 1976 Lemans Sport Coupe if it is being parted out.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:17 PM

Good sleuthin', Bastard!

"America's Most Wanted: Borkers!"

Old 11-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

I remembered that his last two posts vanished. Interesting....

I hope it went to a good home.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 11-25-2006, 04:26 PM

Last edited by GeArBaNgEr56; 11-26-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
The deal fell through, so in turn, yes the car is still avalible. The whole reason this topic got started was because I was green when it came to can ams, and I wanted to see if this was a good deal. But you guys convinced me that it was not worth the asking price. So then I thought I would be generous and pass along the car to anyone who was interested. But you guys resorted to being dicks and accussing me and as a borker , which I still have no idea what the hell that is. Ever since this post started you guys have had a negative vibe about the car. Once again py forums have proved themselves to being dicks and have lived up to their reputation. I'm sure their is a handful of sincere people on here and I know that. The point is I lost interest in this car and decided I could not tackle this project. So now I'm in search of a first gen firebird.
1. Do a search on the term "borker" - if the shoe fits, wear it. If you would go to the trouble to click on the link in one of my previous threads, it provides some background information on a PY member that offered to broker several large ticket items to other PY members. He misspelled the term and was thereafter widely known by his misspelled term. Your story bears a striking resemblance to his, since he was in the habit of posting under more than one user name, stirring up controversy, and generally not contributing to the Pontiac community in any meaningful way.
2. You repeatedly refused to supply the contact information of the owner. Even after you posted for interested parties to send you a private message, which I did and never heard from you, and you posted that the car had been sold, no one here used profanity toward you like you did towards the entire forum. I do not represent the entire forum, the opinions I express are entirely my own. And I stand by them.
3. Your story keeps changing. You posted that the car was sold, deleted it, and now drag this back up as if there is unfinished business. You posted this car to solicit PY members' feedback, don't whine when you get what you asked for. So get over your little pity party,

discuss this car like an adult, or do everyone a favor and disappear again.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Somebody needs to save this thing! I need to talk to him again but I think hes still firm on the price. So if anyone wants to shell out 25 bills have at it.
Remember this? This is where you were trying to push the car with out posting the contact information. More than once, this topic was over and done, but you keep dragging it back up. It looks like you are only in it for the drama factor.
I don't know you from Adam, so I can't speak to your character beyond what you've shown on this forum. You show people how to treat you by how you treat them. If you pout and cuss and stomp your feet, how do you expect to be treated?

Old 11-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

That's Ok.. I'll admit that I am a dick..

Moving along.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 11-26-2006, 09:08 AM

As a non participating party to this thread, but having followed it since the beginning I think that the respondents,on the whole, have been extremely civil towards you,gearbanger56. Considering your multiple post deletions and editing after the fact. Then the blanket "dick" statment about us and the PY board on the whole, I think your getting off easy. Pull this crap at CP and you'll get far worse treatment than you *think* you've gotten here.

Speaking as one Can am owner here, I grow tired of these "flippers" using us for information as to the value of thier "secret find" so as to buy low and sell high.If you want that info than check with NADA, not here where we buy,restore AND keep thses cars.

But good luck to you with your 67-69 F-body purchase.Just some friendly advice though, don't call then "dicks" either...you'll get far worse then you've gotten here.

Last edited by WW3; 11-26-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW3
As a non participating party to this thread, but having followed it since the beginning I think that the respondents,on the whole, have been extremely civil towards you,gearbanger56. Considering your multiple post deletions and editing after the fact. Then the blanket "dick" statment about us and the PY board on the whole, I think your getting off easy. Pull this crap at CP and you'll get far worse treatment than you *think* you've gotten here.

Speaking as one Can am owner here, I grow tired of these "flippers" using us for information as to the value of thier "secret find" so as to buy low and sell high.If you want that info than check with NADA, not here where we buy,restore AND keep thses cars.

But good luck to you with your 67-69 F-body purchase.Just some friendly advice though, don't call then "dicks" either...you'll get far worse then you've gotten here.
AMEN!

My Dad's 59. The start of my love for Pontiacs!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs down

Quote:
Some intelligent individual has deleted every single post he has made here...

Doesn't really matter though. Most were quoted in other posts.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4