73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
Dave, I am faced with the same crap: I have 3 stick '62s and 2 stick '69s and I am not sure if I can do it, either.

All I'm sayin, is if you have to turn it loose, don't sweat it and try to find a good home for fair money. The PY board is a great place to do that.

Good luck, my man.
Matt,

It is a tough decision, I hate that you are facing it as well. I have had lower back problems for about 36 years, then I was in a serious head-on collision (not my fault) 15 years ago that added neck problems and made the lower ones worse. I constantly remind myself to be thankful for what I have instead of what I've lost.
Anyway, I hope you are still continuing to heal and will get better. Good luck to you as well, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Take care, Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJPilcher View Post
Dave I'm sorry to hear that. :-(

Please get well soon.
Thanks Gary, I appreciate the well wishes.
If I do let the 74 go, I do have a back up. I found an original owner 73 G/A coupe (although I won't be stealing it, like some people we know did, LoL) that is better suited to my limited resources and diminished capabilities.

Dave

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Exclamation Don't forget these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
This is hard for me to post, but after much thought and reality checking, I have decided I am going to have to sell the Grand Am. I had hoped the clutch wouldn't aggravate my lower back and left leg, but I am in so much pain daily from the deterioration of the 5 lowermost discs, I really have no choice. I won't consider changing it to an AT or altering it by figuring out how I could make it hydraulic because the car is too original to do something like that. I am currently in the beginning stages of applying for permanent disability.
Adding to this is the realization that due to other circumstances in my life, I don't have a garage to store the G/A, I can't do a lot of the most basic work like I used to because of the back as well as neck issues I have, and after being off from having my prostate removed for 2 months, I lack the financial resources to do it as well.
I'm not trying to come off that I am crying in my beer, I am certain many of you have some or all of the same circumstances I do, it's just that this car is an excellent restoration candidate. It's rustfree, numbers matching, has a somewhat interesting istory, is likely a one of one (by colors and options), and would be a showstopper when done (in my opinion), it would certainly be unique at just about any Pontiac show).
I am not going to eBay yet and can work with a potential buyer in terms of time (such as waiting till tax time). The price range will be around $5500 as that is what I have in it so far between the purchase price, transport from El Paso, TX, and repairs I have done so far. If you are near by, please get with me and come see the car. Here is the photobucket link: http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...%204dr%204spd/
Please feel free to ask any questions, offer suggestions or opinions, or anything else. I am gathering information here, I will post it in the 'for sale' forum when it is official.

Sorry for the 'book' and thanks for reading (if you still are), Dave

P.S. A few of you I have already talked with about the G/A, you are still at the top of the list, if you're interested.
Suggestion: If you don't get any bites on this thread don't forget to post your FS ad in these sections

• PY 61-77 GTO LeMans & Tempest For Sale http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...play.php?f=460

• A-Body Website For Sale Section http://users.boardnation.com/~abodys...ex.php?board=2

Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Alvin, I will, since I am a POCI member as well, I am planning to list it there too. I am going to wait till after the new year to pursue selling it.

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 12-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a shame, but sometimes we have to let things go due to health and other reasons. As I told you, it's a shame it's not an AC car or I would have bought it when it was on eBay for myself. It really is a very nice and likely one of not many if not one of one car. It doesn't get much cooler than a 4 door stick car - and I'm still hunting for one with AC ;-)

Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
It's a shame, but sometimes we have to let things go due to health and other reasons. As I told you, it's a shame it's not an AC car or I would have bought it when it was on eBay for myself. It really is a very nice and likely one of not many if not one of one car. It doesn't get much cooler than a 4 door stick car - and I'm still hunting for one with AC ;-)
Thanks Ben. Hmmmm, you could put vintage air on it, maybe? When I do sell it, it will be in considerably better shape; I have (or will have) replaced the water pump, P/S pressure hose, repaired the radiator (all were leaking, not disclosed to me when I bought it, added a rebuilt factory tach set up for HEI (ordered as an option on the order sheet, not installed on the car as delivered), added the correct tach and power leads for the HEI, resealed both the windshield and rear window, put on a usable set of 225/70 tires (again, not disclosed, the tires on it were so bad, the transport company had to keep adding air while in transit), replaced the leaky Holley 650 spreadbore with a rebuilt 78 Quadrajet, gave the car a thorough cleaning and put a later, but nicer, dash faceplate on it, and a nice set of black seatbelts too (the originals were so fried from the AZ sun. they were in tatters and most of the buckles were broken too........geez, I didn't realize there was so much I have done!

And I agree with you on the health thing, heck, I found out I had prostate cancer a week after I bought it. I now have a clean bill of health there but the back/neck thing just won't go away. However, whenever I get down about that, I remind myself how much worse it could be and I am thankful.

1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 12-21-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks Gary, I appreciate the well wishes.
If I do let the 74 go, I do have a back up. I found an original owner 73 G/A coupe (although I won't be stealing it, like some people we know did, LoL) that is better suited to my limited resources and diminished capabilities.

Dave
You must show us that!!! :-)

Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Suspended

Paging new owner "Nathaniel1234" any updates on this 4-spd 4-dr GA?

Photobucket from previous owner Pontiacdaver ===>http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/Cm...?sort=6&page=1

Old 04-09-2015, 06:19 PM

Default Hello

No particular updates really...

Have been enjoying driving the car...

Motorealm nose probably in the future...

Maybe install a posi...

Thanks for asking

Old 04-09-2015, 06:22 PM

Default Might consider selling

Might consider selling

Old 04-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel1234 View Post
Might consider selling
I'd love to own it again, but the same reason I had to sell it is still valid. Can't drive a mechanical linkage clutch anymore due to my back and leg problems. It would be an awesome, "only one like it you'll ever see at any car show" Grand Am. And it is an excellent, well documented starting point.

Dave

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 04-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I'd love to own it again, but the same reason I had to sell it is still valid. Can't drive a mechanical linkage clutch anymore due to my back and leg problems. It would be an awesome, "only one like it you'll ever see at any car show" Grand Am. And it is an excellent, well documented starting point.

Dave
I enjoyed viewing all of your archived images again last night (link below vvvv). Great stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Paging new owner "Nathaniel1234" any updates on this 4-spd 4-dr GA?

Photobucket from previous owner Pontiacdaver ===>http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/Cm...?sort=6&page=1