73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Tone
Talking My 73 LeMans....got some pieces I could part with.....

Here's my 73 LeMans.....

Pretty BA.

I know I know...the wheels need to be repainted.

I was the winning bidder on that fine item on ebay about a month ago. My winning bid was $1,075, and so far it's worth every penny. It has a half-expired inspection, 350cu. with a 2 barrel carb.

I have the Data plate numbers, but I don't know how to look it up....I poked around with yahoo, couldn't find anything that I didn't have to pay for....

It has a bench seat with a tear in it, but I'd rather bucket seats. If anyone has some bucket seats and wants to sell or trade I'd be interested.

I also have the front wheel well chrome trim and that's coming off soon if anyone wants them....

I have a JEG'S catalog I am gonna buy some performance stuff for it...headers, mufflers, intake, carb, ignition, etc...So if anyone is looking to restore their 73 Lemans I'd be willing to supply some original equip. when I start replacing stuff.

I drive it every day, and I noticed it's a very thirsty car! I am gonna need to take a loan out soon to keep it fueled...jeez.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Senior Chief

Congrats on your purchase.

My Dad's 59. The start of my love for Pontiacs!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:42 PM

Do those Wheel well moldings fit 77 Can Am? If so, what kind of shape are they in, and what do you want for them?

Tom

Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodizz
Do those Wheel well moldings fit 77 Can Am? If so, what kind of shape are they in, and what do you want for them?

Tom

I'm new to this game, so I don't know what they'd fit, but they look really good. I'll peek around a bit more and see if I can find some imperfections(none so far). As for price, I think I'll ask around the forum and get an idea of what their worth( I have no idea). I heard they can sell for up to 100 each!? That's ridiculous, but I'd take that, lol.

73 Lux Lemans.
350 2brl. Single exhaust. TH350 automatic.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

The front mouldings are the same. Nice used mouldings are probably worth $50-$75 each. NOS ones easily are $125 and up a piece.

I am glad the car went to someone who is going to take care of it, and not drive it into the ground.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

...a 1973 Luxury LeMans. First car I ever bought, in the summer of 1985, right before starting my senior year in high school.

Mine was slate green (metallic) with a dark green vinyl top and black interior (buckets/console). It too had the 350-2V with an automatic. That was a great running and handling car...no speed demon mind you, just a great car for a 17 year old kid to spend his $2300 in savings on (from working summer jobs since the age of 14).

I sold it a few years ago to a fellow in Frederick, MD who intended to finish restoring it. I understand that Scott Weddle purchased the rolling chassis and body shell just to have the rear axle. I let some NOS emblems and tail-light lenses and such go with the car, perhaps Scott may know how to get in touch with the guy? I tried calling him for a year after he bought the car to get him to pick up the rear clip I had for it and he never returned any of my calls.

Your car should have fender skirts on the back...did they come with the car? If you decide to keep the skirts on it, be carefull when buying rims and tires. Too large of a tire with the wrong backspacing and the skirts may not go back on.

If you need any tips or whatnot, drop me a PM with your email address, or just email me at mmechanicus@yahoo.com. Having pulled one of these cars down to the bare chassis there isn't much I haven't missed on them.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:25 PM

Pottsville,PA huh? Home to some mighty fine Yuengling beer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yuengling_lager.gif
Views:	41
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	82464  

Last edited by WW3; 02-12-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 PM

how much did you want for the front moldings? You can email me tom@speedinc.com if you prefer...

Tom

Old 02-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW3
Pottsville,PA huh? Home to some mighty fine Yuengling beer!
HAH! Yeah....they use the creek water to make that beer around here. I'd much rather Budweiser or Rolling Rock anyway.

Hey Brian Baker, It's AWESOME to know there is someone here that's torn a 73 LeMans down to the frame. Expect tons of ridiculous questions, lol. And no, I didn't get the wheel skirts, however I did get a bonus set of Pontiac wheel covers....nice spoked ones. They are a little dirty, might have some scratches on them, they look good though.

Hotrodizz, I took a closer look at them there moldings today. Driver's side has one small nick, and maybe a scratch or two. Passenger side has a few nicks and scratches in it. They shined up nice with just some water and a rag. They aren't perfect, but they look good. You can PM me or I'll PM you...

I called JEG's today for some prices on some stuff...and the guy has me discouraged. He told me that a 73 isn't worth putting a lot of money into. You guys need to lift my spirits and get me back in the money spending mood so I can fix up that green beast.

Tone.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jeg's would tell you that because they have very little to sell you for your car. Their focus is selling racing parts. These cars are on the heavy side for serious racing, but they make great drivers.
The best site for mid seventies A body information is here.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:22 PM

Hey Bastard,

Where abouts in Arkansas are you located? I have a sister in Jonesboro and I do alot of riding on the trike over to Norfolk lake.

Kbars

Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Screw Jegs...help out a fellow board member who is a died in the wool Pontiac guy.

Scott Esterle works for Summit...I'll get him to post here and leave his extension.

If you're looking for resale value...you've got the wrong car.

If you're looking for a car that is easy to obtain interior and body trim pieces and parts...you've got the wrong car.

If you're looking for something different to set you apart from all the other douche bags with Camaro's and Mustangs...you've got the right car.

I'm a busy guy, but always take time to answer questions...PM me or email me when you're ready.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What a dipsh!t at Jegs! I love it when clowns tell you a car isn't worth fixing up, that determination is only to be made by the owner of said car. I bet the idiot doesn't even own a muscle car.

Anyhow, Brian is right- If you want some good Pontiac assistance Scott Esterle at Summit is the guy to deal with. It's been a while but I think his extension is 6225.

It's good to see another '73 getting some attention. I had a '73 Grand Am that I regrett selling- it was a great car.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone
I called JEG's today for some prices on some stuff...and the guy has me discouraged. He told me that a 73 isn't worth putting a lot of money into. You guys need to lift my spirits and get me back in the money spending mood so I can fix up that green beast.

Tone.
Why doesn't this surprise me? Tell the idiots at Jegs to GF themselves, and do business with Summit. I have yet to have a good experience with Jegs, and now refuse to shop there..

BTW, doesn't that user Ron AKA "JEGSTEK" work there? He always seems to have a derogatory attitude towards the '73-'77 A bodies....

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 02-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes Summit would be glad to have you as a Customer. I can be reached at 800-517-1035 ext 6225 or at sesterle@summitracing.com.. Thanks Brian & Goatless.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbars CanAm
Hey Bastard,

Where abouts in Arkansas are you located? I have a sister in Jonesboro and I do alot of riding on the trike over to Norfolk lake.

Kbars
I'm on the other side of the state in Fort Smith. I've been collecting parts to build a VW trike myself. Are you in BTW?

Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks guys, you're all great! I'll be sure to direct any further questions to Scott at Summit. I found a pipe bender in my JEG's today though. I might buy it, so I can bend my own exhaust. Maybe even craft someone else's and make some profit with it. I learned how to bend a couple years ago for John Deatrich. He runs 'modifieds', and I built him a couple tubular bumpers and side rails for his race car.

Anyway, the bender I found in my catalog is a bench top, hydraulic bender, and comes with 8 dies for only 190 buckaroos. I'd pay more than that for the custom header back kit to outfit my car with dual exhaust. What do y'all think about that?? That a half decent idea?? Maybe Summit has a cheaper pipe bender??

You guys rule, Tone.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT ESTERLE
Yes Summit would be glad to have you as a Customer. I can be reached at 800-517-1035 ext 6225 or at sesterle@summitracing.com.. Thanks Brian & Goatless.
I have bought stuff from Summit also. Everytime it has been a positive expeience.

My Dad's 59. The start of my love for Pontiacs!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tone, post your data plate codes. We'll figure them out.

1971 GT-37 - 350/M38, Rosewood Metallic/Black
www.GT-37.org
Old 02-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPC-WU2
Tone, post your data plate codes. We'll figure them out.

I wrote it down...but I left it out in my car in that very cold, white desert. I ain't going out there until tomorrow. Then you guys can have at it!

73 Lux Lemans.