Old 03-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Norfolk Lake, Arkansas

I have spent quite a bit of time over at Norfolk Lake, Arkansas in my time. Back in the mid 1980's I was around 30 went over with a girl I was dating. We rolled the car and she spent the night in the Baxter county jail for having a left handed cigarette in her purse. Now that I am 50 my wife (not the same girl as above) and friends we ride our motorcycles over there during the summer and do some scuba diving and fishing. It is a beautiful area. Can't wait to get the Can Am fixed up to take over there. I hope your Baxter County friend is nicer than the one I had to deal with 20 years ago. LOL Let me know when you will be over there again!

Kbars

Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone
Now now kids.

I'll tell you one thing fellas....and I hope it doesn't burn me later. I have a lot more respect for CanAmMan than I do the entire Jeg's company. He's helped me out quite a bit here with any questions I've had. It's a safe bet to assume that either CanAm or Brian Baker are the first two to reply to my threads. And if not the first two, they're the first two with the answer to my question. So STFU. You're also proving him right by calling him Can'tAm also. =) Keep up the good work.

CanAm already knows where my newest threads are with questions I have that are being answered while you two argue.
...I tried to help. You didn't respond to my question about how I treated you initially. Did I dis-respect you or cut you short! Did I slam your car or just state the facts? I spent @ 30 minutes trying to explain what you could expect from your investment.How did you respond? By coming here and calling me an idiot for not selling you a bunch of parts and giving you false hopes. My "Can't Am" remark only came after his "Jug's" remark...so who's the instigator? Anyway...good luck to all with your "classics" and please don't ask my advise if all you want is a sugar coated version of reality. That's not me. As for wiping my ass with my literature...I believe I'll donate it to someone more appreciative as I've already wasted too much in dealing with you clowns. Have a nice life.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegstek
...I tried to help. You didn't respond to my question about how I treated you initially. Did I dis-respect you or cut you short! Did I slam your car or just state the facts? I spent @ 30 minutes trying to explain what you could expect from your investment.How did you respond? By coming here and calling me an idiot for not selling you a bunch of parts and giving you false hopes. My "Can't Am" remark only came after his "Jug's" remark...so who's the instigator? Anyway...good luck to all with your "classics" and please don't ask my advise if all you want is a sugar coated version of reality. That's not me. As for wiping my ass with my literature...I believe I'll donate it to someone more appreciative as I've already wasted too much in dealing with you clowns. Have a nice life.

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Last edited by 77 Canamman; 03-24-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Tone

Well it doesn't matter anyway since I am gonna sell the car. I'm no enthusiast and a 73 LeMans isn't even close to a muscle car. Hopefully it will go to someone who needs it and can use it.

73 Lux Lemans.
350 2brl. Single exhaust. TH350 automatic.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
Well it doesn't matter anyway since I am gonna sell the car. I'm no enthusiast and a 73 LeMans isn't even close to a muscle car. Hopefully it will go to someone who needs it and can use it.
You definitely belong in a MoPar.

Good luck...

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 03-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
After all the questions, and enthusiasm, you say you're not an enthusiast after all? You belong in a Honda.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
After all the questions, and enthusiasm, you say you're not an enthusiast after all? You belong in a Honda.
Tone seems to be quite an impressionable young lad. Ron told him his car wasn't a muscle car and not worth sinking a dime into, and all of the sudden, the enthusiasm that once was is gone, and the lame "my car is hard to get parts for" and "my car is far from a muscle car" crap comes out.

Sad... very, very sad.

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Perhaps he is just very young.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:34 PM

I'm new to this site, but i have to defend the '73 Lemans. I got this car for free . My 18yo son and I rebuilt the engine and got it back on the road for his first car. He has really enjoyed the car for the past two years. It may not be a true muscle car and pain to find parts for but he enjoys the compliments he gets. He just bought '70 Firebird which we are in the process of re-powering. Once that is on the road looks like I'll be having a '73 Lemans. Tone why would you want a mopar with so many Pontiacs to choose from?

Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman
Tone seems to be quite an impressionable young lad. Ron told him his car wasn't a muscle car and not worth sinking a dime into, and all of the sudden, the enthusiasm that once was is gone, and the lame "my car is hard to get parts for" and "my car is far from a muscle car" crap comes out.

Sad... very, very sad.
Heck, that's half the fun, trying to find the parts....where's the feeling of accomplishment when all you do is point to picture in a catalog and say "I want that"?

And as it has been stated before...you either love these cars or you hate them...me, I think they had great styling and comfort - not to mention handling - even if the drivetrains weren't as powerful as their predecessors...and THAT can be changed!!!

1977 Can Am (T/A 6.6, posi, Buckskin interior, tilt/AC/PW, 115K miles) - need sheet metal, care to help?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did they name this town Port Saint Lucie, when there's no port at all here?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Senior Chief

I'm just too damn impatient and poor! I love these old cars, but I just don't have the money to make all my dreams come true and it frustrates me....buuut I'm probably not alone. I dunno...

So anyway...who here knows anything about exhaust 'donuts' for the Y-pipe. I need em....I think. Haven't started to call around yet. I tried today, but it's sunday and everyone is closed. Thanks guys, Tone.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I haven't read all of your posts...do you have another car to drive? If you do, then you can work on the '73 slowly, no need to get impatient.

Exhaust donuts will be available at any reputable parts store, like NAPA.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tone...how old are you?

Old 03-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Tone...how old are you?
His profile says he's 22

Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW3
His profile says he's 22

There ya go.

About those donuts.....I was told that they don't exist, and the pipe is flanged to fit directly to the manifold. And yes, my other car is a Toyota MR2. It gets me where I need to be....pretty quickly too.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull
I haven't read all of your posts...do you have another car to drive? If you do, then you can work on the '73 slowly, no need to get impatient.

Exhaust donuts will be available at any reputable parts store, like NAPA.

Ahh, but impatience is my specialty, lol. Um, NAPA says they can't get me donuts....see my other post...I don't think they exist.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

22....hmmmmmm. My 73 LeMans was in pieces, as I was undergoing a frame-off restoration that was moving very slow due to lack of funds, and I had a great job at the phone company and was still sponging off of Mom and Dad. Patience, Tone...it'll all come in good time.

Napa doesn't sell exhaust donuts? Bull$h!t, you either asked the wrong question or spoke with the wrong counter jockey.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
22....hmmmmmm. My 73 LeMans was in pieces, as I was undergoing a frame-off restoration that was moving very slow due to lack of funds, and I had a great job at the phone company and was still sponging off of Mom and Dad. Patience, Tone...it'll all come in good time.

Napa doesn't sell exhaust donuts? Bull$h!t, you either asked the wrong question or spoke with the wrong counter jockey.

Well Brian, I haven't totally given up hope on my LeManster. Maybe I'm in a rut or something. And I've had this burning desire to go four-wheeling, but I don't have a 4x4. So I think I am gonna try to fix up the lemanster here and there, but I need to save up money for a Jeep, so it'll be a slooow process. I just hope my MR2 doesn't quit on me. Maybe I will use my tax return to help fix it.....since I got a whopping 78 dollars back!!!

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

"I'm not givin' up! I'm not givin' up!" - Jackie Gleason, at the end of Smokey and the Bandit (part 1)

It takes time fixing up an old car, no matter what it is...even when you have the cash to do it. My father and I searched for 4 years for a pair of NOS LeMans Sport Coupe fender emblems for the Can Am before we found them. A POCI member in California had them, and wanted $45 each for them (this was back in 1994-95). My father initially balked at the price, but I talked him into it, stating the old emblems would look like hell on a fresh paint job, and after all, we'd been looking for 4 years, where else were we going to find them?

It wasn't until I was about 28 or 29 years old before I could afford to play with cars at any real level, so be patient, it'll come.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
"I'm not givin' up! I'm not givin' up!" - Jackie Gleason, at the end of Smokey and the Bandit (part 1)

It takes time fixing up an old car, no matter what it is...even when you have the cash to do it. My father and I searched for 4 years for a pair of NOS LeMans Sport Coupe fender emblems for the Can Am before we found them. A POCI member in California had them, and wanted $45 each for them (this was back in 1994-95). My father initially balked at the price, but I talked him into it, stating the old emblems would look like hell on a fresh paint job, and after all, we'd been looking for 4 years, where else were we going to find them?
LOL..

I wish I could find those emblems for $45 now..that won't even purchase the reproductions. I just spent $250 for a pair of them, and that didn't include this:

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4