73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 12-30-2015, 10:02 PM

Default A-Body Site

Anybody but me having trouble getting onto the A-Body Site? I've tried several different ways to get there but keep getting redirected to Boardnation.com.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:02 AM
Suspended

It's doing the same thing for me but if I turn off my computer so it will reboot it will come up for about 2 times & then right back to the broadnation site redirect. Don't know why its doing that. I also have 2 computers & I can only log on with 1 of them , I can't with my Apple lap top but I can with the Dell. Makes no sense to me.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Senior Chief

Two laptops here in the house and a ipad .... none can log on or come close to that site . I gave up. I assumed it crashed and burned down . All i get is some aisian health site . lol

Old 12-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Thats what I get to on my laptop, but on my dell desk top I can still log into it but about every 3rd or 4th time I have to close out the program & reload it for it not to go to that stupid broadnation site. But I can get on. Also I can get on at the library in town. It come up there with no problem. ???

Old 01-01-2016, 11:27 AM

Default A-Body Site

Guys, that original site has been inactive for a number of years. The creator and maintainer of the site decided it was time for him to do other things and he shut it down. Now you go to the Boardnation A Body message board, which is the only active part of the original site. If you log into the Boardnation site and go to General Message Board, it will have a link at the top in "news" that has the link to an archived copy of the original site. There is also a link in the message board menu to get there. If you try A Body site on google you get another Asian company that has the domain.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:56 PM
Suspended

I called and spoke to Murray last week when unable to use same "new" link from recent past
ABODY site momentarily loads then diverting to a what appears to be a cloned board nation phishing site

IPad, PC, and same from Chrome with Galaxy Note5 writing this post

ABody site is jacked

Old 01-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Suspended

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
I called and spoke to Murray last week when unable to use same "new" link from recent past
ABODY site momentarily loads then diverting to a what appears to be a cloned board nation phishing site

IPad, PC, and same from Chrome with Galaxy Note5 writing this post

ABody site is jacked
Specific details for ABod mods - hope this helps

"OK Alvin,

The link below is what I use to get to Abodysite.

http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/

I'm sending it to you & me. I tested it when I entered it in this email and will click on it when I receive this email. You do the same and see if it works.
If it works for me but not for you then the problem must be with your computer or ISP. Let me know what happens, though there is little I can do is it doesn't work for you.

Mur."

Original message On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM, wrote:
Mur,

When I log on through my (standard) link it starts correct correct url load as always, but then diverts and loads to this

=> http://users.boardnation.com/?f
And shows a generic Boardnation.com screen - see the attached image..."

Was briefly successful using the link above then re routed to "/?f" above

Edit: see what happens when you use the link http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/ above
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	417119  

Old 01-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Alvin, That last link works fine! I had the same problem few days ago, but the old link works fine for me now?

Lyn.

'72 Lemans 2dr. 20,000 mile car [sold]
'73 Grandville backhalfed Drag Car
'73 Grand Am 400 4-speed
'74 Lemans Sport Coupe-4800 original miles
Old 01-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Senior Chief

Default Abody site

These links worked with my windows 7 and windows 10
In the address bar with Widows 7
http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/

In the search bar not the address bar using windows 10
http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/index.php
New window open
Click on the above link in the 1st or 2nd item with the above address
It should open to a classified page
Click on the home button
That will bring you to the home page
Save that page to your favorites
Good luck with new windows 10 finding the favorites button.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:31 PM

I gotta tell you. I've tried all of these and it still a no go. Not sure what to try.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Senior Chief

Default Abody site

It might not matter, but which browser are you using? My windows 7 computer is 64 bit using internet Explorer 11 and Yahoo as my search engine. If interested on how to find your version open Internet Explorer and at the top click on help and click about Internet Explorer.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, you're able to go to the site right now and actually use the forum?

Old 01-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

some day, i'm afraid, the site will up and disappear for good. would it be possible for someone to start a new site but keep the same message board? or buy the message board and build a new web page around it? i have no idea how web sites are made or work, but would hate to lose so much valuable info.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Senior Chief

Default Abody site

Yes, Just clicked on my favorites and it came up! What happened when you checked your version? It shouldn’t be that complicated. Another question did you change anything in your internet properties? Like right clicked on internet properties and change something like don’t allow third party cookies?

Old 01-02-2016, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Works OK now
http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/index.php or simply http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite

Sometime hosting companies do maintenance on holidays, but usually in the middle of the night.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:42 AM
Suspended

I've tried all the address you guys have posted but it keeps going to the gen. boardnation site pic thats in the pics you have posted here. How do I get it to come up on this one. I have an Apple lap top & don't know how to change anything on this dang thing. On my dell desk top I have no problems getting on sometimes & have it saved in my fav's . But sometimes latley I have to reload the computer to get it to come up. I have the message board saved so it goes right to it. But since I've had this lap top I can't get on the message board on it. The Apple that is.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks for all the links , not one worked on my 10 year old HP lol . All " time out " before connection . My wife is finishing up windows 10 on my mom's laptop today so i get her to try the abodysite from another source .

Thanks again .

Old 01-02-2016, 09:27 PM

yeah it's back

Old 01-02-2016, 10:08 PM

I have been having on and off again luck with getting to the site. I just tried now and could not reach the site.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Suspended

I got on last night after I rebooted my computer again. It went to that boardnation general site the 1st time. But it would not load all the way so I could see all the print on the side & where it say to reply & such. But I was able to look at all the new comments ( 2). The only thing thats alive on the site is the message board.