Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 02:52 AM

I hate these people that buy a firebird or a gto and put in a chevy motor.If you want to run a chevy motor then buy a chevelle or camaro it is sacreligous to put anything other then a pontiac motor in a pontiac.I cant stand these people want the look of a gto or firebird but dont want to spend the money to make sure it is a true pontiac musclecar.These people should go back to playing with cheap cars.Just my view

SHOWGOAT67@HOTMAIL.COM If it is not a pontiac then why do you own it!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2003, 02:52 AM

I hate these people that buy a firebird or a gto and put in a chevy motor.If you want to run a chevy motor then buy a chevelle or camaro it is sacreligous to put anything other then a pontiac motor in a pontiac.I cant stand these people want the look of a gto or firebird but dont want to spend the money to make sure it is a true pontiac musclecar.These people should go back to playing with cheap cars.Just my view

SHOWGOAT67@HOTMAIL.COM If it is not a pontiac then why do you own it!!!!!!

Old 05-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought my 66 goat in 68 and since then I have has 12 motors in it. 326 dog 350 cheb ok original 389 took me 2 yrs to blow it up several other 389 's that I blew up in 75 I put a built! 427 in it best motor I ever had. Took it apart to put 11 1/2 pistons in it and seen a scratch on rhe crank and took it down to a hot machinist who screwed up the crank and would't stand by his work called it a race motor He polished it too much was .005 on mains. as it was my daily driver I put in a 455 boat anchor change the cam still slow and after a while I got into the gas miliage rage 326/ 350 chebies in several cams combo. Build a motor run it a while sell it buy a new one. Finally came across a 454 chebbie and put it in. What I run is my business and no body elses. I bought and paid for it and you would't like my cloth interior tilt front end and other mods I have made over the years. About 8 years ago I parked it so I could work on it{restored twice totaled twice} and other projects got in the way. I have it running again and am putting it back on the street just to screw around with it. If you come across an old rusty 66 gto conver no top just walk by cause Its mine and if you don't like it OH WELL

connman

Old 05-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Senior Chief

I agree showgoat67. I think when you buy an old car no matter what make or model most people tend to stick with those motors that are associated with those makes or various years. It seems to me to be nothing more than wanting the kickass look of a poncho over anything for this guy. Yes you can put whatever you want in it but it just isn't right or meant to be.

Old 05-08-2003, 05:55 PM

Quit your bitchin!
You do what you want with your car let us do what we want.If "originality" is so important why change to aftermarket wheels or install an aftermarket stereo?granted that might sound like a rediculous comparison but no more rediculous than the self proclaimed so called Purist.Get real like unbolting the original motor and installing a big block is sacreligous and destroys a car. But doing a tub job is ok as long as it is still powered by a pontiac motor!You dudes gotta loose the attitude be glad that the cars are still on the road in whatever form the OWNER chooses to. If we didn't buy them they would be long since crushed and ressurrected as toyotas.

Old 05-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Didn't we cover this about a million times already? Get over it guys. My car, my money, my Chevy engine in my Pontiac GTO...

Andrew

Project GatTagO

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."
Old 05-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

AMTCOSTIE Why then are there so many different motors in 32 Fords? Like if u had a 32 it wouldn't be powered by a pontiac motor? How sacreglious{sic}!!! Bet u money he would't keep the b motor or the flathead

connman

Old 05-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by showgoat67:

SHOWGOAT67@HOTMAIL.COM If it is not a pontiac then why do you own it!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not an appropriate topic for this forum. The whole purpose of this particular forum is to allow Pontiac owners with non Pontiac motors to share info without getting flamed. It's one forum out of 50!

---------------------------
Fool around, Get hurt, don't come crying to me.