Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:01 PM

Default WHY? SENDING BAD PARTS

He was good about it. And offered my money back

Last edited by FASTGOAT66; 10-24-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Senior Chief

Unfortunately, I have been there too. I would give this guy a chance to redeem himself. Obviously valve covers with dents & rust are not show quality. If he fails to refund your money, please feel free to post his name & or business name.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unfortunatley there are people that think something is cherry, and are clueless, then there are those who really are out to get someone. I remember an old wrecking yard around here that was about the only one to have old cars, and he thought everything was cherry. It's like he had never gotten out in the real world and seen good parts. I guess if all you see is junk, then you'll think junk is cherry.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Senior Chief

hey FASTGOAT66,
I am with ya and understand how you feel, I am restoring a 68 firebird and it needs some new metal, so I got a delivery of 400 HOOD/FRONT FENDER/REAR 1/4's and it was all JUNK BRAND NEW JUNK so phoned the out fit and was canceling my complete $4K order i was pissed as we pay good $$ and get $h!^ MADE IT TAIWAN-- Well they came thru last week with the real goods OER/goodmark this time but i guess a lot of the time its expectations that i have which are not meet.
As vwmailman say maybe get a hold of the seller and get a refund and if you paid paypal see if you can get the $$ back that way.
good luck

Colin

Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTGOAT66
THE PERSON SAID NICE PAIR YOU COULD PUT ON AND GO TO A CAR SHOW...SHOULD I SAY WHO THIS PERSON IS?OR WILL I BE CAUSING WAVES?
If you bring your dissatisfaction with the condition of the covers, and the fact that they were misrepresented to you, to this persons attention and they are not willing to refund your money then you owe it to the rest of us to tell us who this person is. Especially if they are a member here. I agree with the previous poster who said to give them a chance to make it right first though.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 AM

I learned a long time ago that if it matters what the part looks like, always get good photos. If they won't send photos, there's probably a reason.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

INJUNTOM hit it dead in the eye. Many of these people are not 'bad" or consciously deceptive. They just see things from a different perspective. Those covers may be the nicest they have ever come across in their neck of the woods.

Lets face it, we all know people who think everything in their house is a valuable "antique", "collectible" or priceless heirloom. These are usually the people who end up with houses crammed to the rafters with junk. When they die, their kids bring in 2 40-yard dumpsters and empty out the contents!

Good pictures do cure some internet parts buys, although pictures can be deceiving too.
Don't let it give you an ulcer, it's not worth it.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Up Date he did offer me a full refund,And said he didnt see the ding. I was going to have them rechromed any how for shoe chrome, but thought he should of been honest about the condition. There good canidates to be restored (NOT to be intalled). little pitting and rust and a little ding $75.00 -(FAIR?) I called some rechroming shops and they said they can bring them back to life. Show chrome $100.00 each + $75.00 $275.00 for valve covers. (Honesty isnt a bad thing).

Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like you are looking for show quality. I have seen a good chrome shop do wonders with a twisted up bumper, so you are most likely in good shape just getting yours done.

Maybe hedge your bets by running them over to a good chrome shop first for an eyeball opinion before deciding on returning them?

Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM

Colin,

I worked for a parts house other then the forum host and trust me when I tell you all
the panels are pressed out of country (Taiwan & Canada) some are better then others but all the
stuff is from the same place. Even some of it is reboxed so it looks different.
I've seen the lables on them to prove it. Very few items are offered from multi manufatures. Not cost affective. Not all Taiwan stuff is bad some of it is well made. 68-70 GTO hood is one piece that is very well done. But 68-69 GTO fenders
suck, even the latest version.. still off.

The american made stuff is usual bare metal patch panels, and the fit is very poor.
Goodmark has stuff made over seas, and reboxes some Taiwan stuff, seen both
items side by side.

If you can manage it, it is best to view the sheet metal in person before paying
for it.
If you are doing your car and you love it then you have to do some research first
about the parts you want to buy.
Some repop parts are great peices and some of it is crap! serious crap... I would
not wipe myself with it crap!

As much as we would like for the Parts houses to educate us on every part before we buy it... they
can't, it would cut into profits.
Go to car shows and check out the venders that set up and check the parts in person
if you can, otherwise you will have to pay for shipping to check out parts, and with
sheet metal that will cost tons!

good luck
james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_McF
hey FASTGOAT66,
I am with ya and understand how you feel, I am restoring a 68 firebird and it needs some new metal, so I got a delivery of 400 HOOD/FRONT FENDER/REAR 1/4's and it was all JUNK BRAND NEW JUNK so phoned the out fit and was canceling my complete $4K order i was pissed as we pay good $$ and get $h!^ MADE IT TAIWAN-- Well they came thru last week with the real goods OER/goodmark this time but i guess a lot of the time its expectations that i have which are not meet.
As vwmailman say maybe get a hold of the seller and get a refund and if you paid paypal see if you can get the $$ back that way.
good luck

Colin

Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the ad says mint, show quality, perfect, near nos and is then followed up by all it needs is...... then it is nowhere near the description.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Chief

hey James,
I totally agree with what you say as the parts guy I deal with told me the same but I have to admit that the OER brand seems to be of much better quality and fit.
I don't know where the OER product is made but we do pay for the difference in quality.
here is a link to the 68 I am restoring you can see the OER drivers fender fit is nice fit.

http://picasaweb.google.com/68Firebi...ebird4004speed

Colin