Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Conv body

Give this number a call and ask for Ron 1-800-734-1891 we are by Syracuse N.Y. And we have a 70 lemans conv in the yard.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Doug - FWIW I have the two side conv. top frames off a '70 A-body but no bows. The frames have been blasted and primered and are in excellent shape. PM or Email me if interested.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 AM

In case you did not know the is an extra layer between the inner and outer rocker specific to drop tops too.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead78 View Post
In case you did not know the is an extra layer between the inner and outer rocker specific to drop tops too.
I believe that extra layer ends with the 67 model years. I can confirm that niether of my 2 convertibles have that extra layer that I have seen on 1967 and older A bodys. My two are a 1970 and a 1972. I once bought a section of rocker panel from a 71 Skylark hardtop and it was a thinner gauge sheetmetal than my stock rockers. Another thing I noticed was that the Skylark rocker was not galvanized like my 2 Pontiac convertibles are.
While we are on this subject of convertibles, there is something that I found in my 1970 Fisher body manual. I hear people say that the difference between hardtop frames and convertible frames is that the convertible frame is boxed. That is true but my fisher body manual says the convertible frame is made with a heavier gauge steel. If it is thicker, its not by much. That bit of info is in the frame section I believe.
Paul

Old 10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Suspended

A roadster? Just cutting the top off? The rear section would look like crap I think. It needs to have that flat look like the convertible has to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOBILL View Post
Give this number a call and ask for Ron 1-800-734-1891 we are by Syracuse N.Y. And we have a 70 lemans conv in the yard.
Thanks. I would call, but that's just too far to drive these days for me--for this anyway.

Stags, I have an extra top frame already. I got it some years back--if those are the parts that you're talking about. Thanks though.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Chiefs View Post
I believe that extra layer ends with the 67 model years. I can confirm that niether of my 2 convertibles have that extra layer that I have seen on 1967 and older A bodys.
OK my mistake. I have only disected 64-67 stuff and assumed they kept doing it.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doug,

Check this one out.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-gt...QQcmdZViewItem

John

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com