Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 09-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

Making lemonade from lemons dept.---Maybe Ron could have made a "lightweight" version from the 16 guage material.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

He had all kinds of issues. Wrong gauge material, wrong hardness or material, have to buy too much at a time, don't have enough,...............

I have never seen a project that didn't want to happen so bad. Hopefully soon we'll get going. I'm ready.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

any new info. i would like to order my exh system and kinda need to know if they are going to be produced soon or at all. this is not a rant or complaint, it's just that after almost a year i am now at the point where i need to make a decision on what kind of exh system to order. r/a manifold system or headers system. so,,,, i need info.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You might as well forget the Tri-y headers. I have been waiting a year for mine. I am not real happy about it as they are already paid for. Jim

Old 10-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The last I talked to Ron was the week before last, he was making progress. Something about redesigning the d-port headers a little to use the same header as the o-port just a different flange. Can't imagine why it wasn't like that to begin with, but oh well. I think we'll get headers eventually and I think they'll be awesome. But I guarantee, I will never ever ever pay for anything up front again. That is just asking for trouble. I have had my ass burned every single time I have ever done it and this is the worst time.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 PM

I've been hearing about the delays since February. Now my emails don't get returned WTF.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked to Ron's wife last night. She said he had started building headers, they had a pat on the bender break last week or a couple of weeks ago, but now has that back going again. Hopefully not too much longer before some uncoated sets get sent out. Of course I have a coated set, so it will probably be next year on mine.

Maybe I'll get a Christmas present from Ron!

Old 10-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guys,
I know this is hard to hear, especially since you've forked over money and don't have anything tangible to show, but YOU WILL get a set of kick @ss headers!! I know, I have a set.
Those of you who've been in the game a while remember when a couple of guys advertised in the back of HPP about an improved Pontiac V8? Took a lot of years, but it made it.
Try to hang in there, as Ron was straight w/ me and everyone else who bought in on the first batch, and I can't see him screwing people over this- he's invested up to his eyballs.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:34 PM

The wait is not a problem as long as the quality is good. The problem is the lack of communication. If you have enough time to post on different boards including this one then you should have the time to email your customers back with an update. That’s all I ask.

ARM

Old 10-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ditto for me. We dont mind waiting on a good product but if you got my money then you better update me on your progress in somewhat of a timely manner not thru a 2nd party. No more money up front for me ever again!

Old 10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

any word this week?

Old 10-24-2005, 09:02 PM

Hey guys,

I'm a regular posted over at the TAC forum but usually just browse here. I have been watching your thread about ron's headers. I was one of the people who recieved headers on the original run. I got them in may or so but my block is a 68 and my car is a 71 so I have the adapter kit and my engine setts slightly to the passenger side and the header was right up against the frame rail. I talked with him about possible cures and nothing worked , so he told me to send the header back and he would make some adjustments and to the pipe that is having the clearance issues. So anyway, longstory short I have been working with him to find a pattern that fits cars with adapter kits as well as regualar correct 70's block. about a month ago he sent me a pattern to try and I couldn't even get it in place. Last weekend , on the 16th he made a trip to my house with a pattern that he had hopes of doing the trick. We slid the mocked up header into place and it fit like a glove . So, anyway I just wanted to let everybody here know that he is working very hard to get these parts out to us who have already paid and he has the pattern he needs and we should be seeing a finished product very soon.

later,

Craig H

Old 10-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Have Ron contact us through this forum.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:25 AM

Angry

Here we go with some more second hand information. Does anyone have Rons phone number so I can call him and find out whats going on. He does not return emails.

Thanks

Old 10-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

and another week goes by. just a little first hand info, please!

Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 AM

Ron came to my house today to use my car for last-minute measurements for the early A-body stick car headers, as the car he had used in the past had been sold. He said he hoped to get things finalized within a week or two.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Senior Chief

Is he gonna make Tri-Y's for a-bodies?
What year?
I could use em for my '68 4 speed

'71 LeMans Woody Wagon 400/350 patina project
1975 Grand Am 400 factory sunroof project car
Old 11-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Eric roadrage david here how are you buddy!!! lolol . i imported 1 set from Ron for the formula from Juri . suprb headers .im curendly awaighting on him to produce and il buy another set for another formula and one for my 69 GTO i spoke with him a couple of days ago . he working his ass of to get it al done . production is un its way . he hase invested a lot of $$ put his house car boat on the line for it. im supost to call him back end of this week . stay tuned

Old 11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron is trying to finalize the design on the drivers side header. He has the passenger side done. Maybe two more weeks, depending on the welder and any more problems popping up. He is trying to locate a 67 z bar. If anybody has some 64 65 66 67 z bars lying around, please send some photos to RECORD7JET@aol.com. It would help him to make sure the drivers side header will work perfect on all cars. It still sounds like progress is being made on the headers. I have my figers crossed