Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 02-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I probly wont be ready till next year But will purchase one anyway. Hopefully it will help keep me motivated.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 02-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, what's up guys?

Haven't heard anything in QUITE some time.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Exhaust Guru

lloyd,
They should have them back soon to PYPEs. Let's let Chris give us an update .
Tom

Old 02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, Chris, the ball is in your court.

Any news?

Oh, BTW, which muffler are ya'll gonna be using?

Old 03-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just received a reply from Mike Z. about an e-mail inquiry that I sent to him and Chris earlier today.

"The kit should be available sometime in April."

Mike had no further news concerning which muffler(s) will be available.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Exhaust Guru

Lloyd, I have seen some data on the new Pype's muffler and they are making the system in such a way that the two Walker mufflers and the Pypes new design should all interchange. This will give the buyer three potential sound levels and tones to choose from. Pretty nice huh?

Old 03-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

excellent!

Old 03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Hand:
Lloyd, I have seen some data on the new Pype's muffler and they are making the system in such a way that the two Walker mufflers and the Pypes new design should all interchange. This will give the buyer three potential sound levels and tones to choose from. Pretty nice huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom:

The TWO Walker mufflers? Which two?

If I recall correctly, PN 17276 is what you used to fab and test, which other Walker muffler?

Old 03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Chief

I hope something happens real soon!!! There's been enough rain to wash the salt off the roads here in Missouri, the temp. is in the 60's and my car is still sitting on wheel stands. Can't drive it without an exhaust system

Old 03-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Exhaust Guru

Bob, your original should be on its way soon back to BS, MO.
Lloyd, based on sizing data, the Walker Ultra-Flo 17276 will fit and I am 99% sure the Walker Welded Ultra-Flo 17515 will fit. The first will flow a tad more air and will be quieter and smoother. The second will be more rumbly but still pretty quiet and it will work well. I have not actually fit the second but the dimensions are similar so they should interchange quite well.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:00 AM

BobC, what do you mean? "can't drive it without an exhaust system". How about giving the neighbors a wake up call!! It'll make you feel better too.
This topic caught my eye because my car is also waiting for an exhaust. Over the winter I installed 7K3 heads and ram air manifolds on my 74 TA. Obviously, I have to change the head pipes. I was thinking of ordering head pipes and flanges from R.A.R.E. and using the stock sy stem, but this new transverse system changes everything.
Any Ideas on how much and how soon?? I have my car stored inside at the Buick dealer where I work and the owner looks like he's getting impatient. You can imagine how a bright red TA sticks out in a sea of grey Buicks.
I also want to thank all of you for the information I've picked up on this site.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I will be putting my car back together in the next month. I hope I do not have to wait long either.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Senior Chief

I actually did drive the car a few miles last year with just the head pipes on. Too loud for me! Guess I'm getting old. Crane just came out with an XR-i (Pontiac/Olds version) points eliminator kit with built in rev limiter that needs to be installed. That's going to require some idle time in the driveway which makes a full exhaust mandatory. My neighbors haven't jacked with me over some of the cars that have appeared in my driveway so I respect their space too. Anyhow I also hope the new system appears soon. After hearing the prototype system on my car I feel it'll be worth the wait. Maybe Chris will chime in here with an update?

Old 03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Sorry, I was out at the Detroit Autorama last week....

The patterns just arrived yesterday with our regular stock order and we're still digging thru boxes to find them. We will test fit the system and 'sound check' the new Race Pro muffler we will be using in this system hopefully this week. The weather is not cooperating today. (snow storm). Once the fit is confirmed, we will give the go ahead for a production run that usually takes 4-6 weeks. The system will be available with our 2.5" F body crossover kit and RacePro muffler. A 'muffler delete' system will also be available if you want to go with the DynoMax options. Downpipes will be available for an extra cost for most manifold cars.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Senior Chief

Chris,
Thanks much for the info!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ccass:
Sorry, I was out at the Detroit Autorama last week....

The patterns just arrived yesterday with our regular stock order and we're still digging thru boxes to find them. We will test fit the system and 'sound check' the new Race Pro muffler we will be using in this system hopefully this week. The weather is not cooperating today. (snow storm). Once the fit is confirmed, we will give the go ahead for a production run that usually takes 4-6 weeks. The system will be available with our 2.5" F body crossover kit and RacePro muffler. A 'muffler delete' system will also be available if you want to go with the DynoMax options. Downpipes will be available for an extra cost for most manifold cars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Chris!

Keep us informed on the progress, please.

May be my system will indeed be shipped in time for installation prior to the PSN's!

Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chris:

Thanks for the update! Can you enlighten me as to the hangers that will be used in this system? Will it use production muffler and tailpipe hanger locations? Will the muffler hangers be welded on like a production system?

Any info would be appreciated.

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Senior Chief

Bob,
When Tom and Joe Hand mocked-up the system on my Formula they used the 4 original rubber isolated attachment points. The tailpipes had the original style brackets welded on. Not sure yet on how Pypes is going to attach the original style brackets that position the muffler. I'd like to replace the rubber isolators, anyone know of a source?

Bob

Old 03-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Administrator

that's what we are testing for today.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:50 PM

Please HURRY with these, I have two Firebirds north of the border waiting for exhaust. This is the only way to go! Hats off to all your great work. Well worth the wait.