Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Suspended

Heres something.......maybe you can tell how long it is by the # of threads?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTIO...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

heck I dont know what the 90 is. Is that the length? My thread is a 1.5 which is finer than most I guess & I dont think he's listing the thread pitch.

To longs not a problem I can cut them to length. The one I will have coming is about an inch to long & I'll just trim it. If its to long the hose may not fit that far out

Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Suspended

This one is the right threads....just need to count threads to see if its long enough $8.99

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/...22_x_1.5_r.h./

Sounds like you have a plan that'll work.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok by the thread count look like its about three times as long which would work. Its in the same general area of the US as the one I found but the one I found is $9.50 + $7 sh so its almost a wash.

I think the head is smaller also so that may cause alinement problems when I go to weld them together so I can drill in the center of the bolt

Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Suspended

good call. You are probably right. Drilling them could be tough unless you have a really nice drill press/milling vise....which I hope you do. Especially if they are high grade.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

that one is closer since there in Ca

Idaho or Wa. would be much better. I could just drive then or be a day away

Old 01-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yea thats why Im going for the fitting that has the hole for one side as a guide once there welded instead of two bolts with no hole. Then it would be tough

Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-s...ttings/=ap9s87

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cad-2d/=ap9vor

Last edited by Larry Navarro; 01-22-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:23 PM

Ron,
Look up Malone specialties. They have a big selection of fittings and most hydraulic stores sell their stuff.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The Mcmaster looks like they dont have M22

Malone looks possible for there male to male union or there bulk head union could be possible since it looks to have a longer side but looks like it tapers on the long side. Which may work better or not. Look like Mon I'll know

Old 01-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

DING,,,DING,,,DING,,,DING,,,DING,,,DING,,,DING,,,! !!!!!! 67copperbird got it!!!!!! Thanks Ben & everyone else that came in with leads.

They had the same part (which wouldn't help because I needed extra threads on one side) but inquiring farther there bulk head fittings was basically the same thing with one side longer. It just comes with a few unnesessary parts. They even had the bonded sealing washers.

http://www.malonespecialtyinc.com/Ma...ics/20B18L.jpg

I hope to have it over nighted next week.

So if you need anything get it from Malone specialties!!!!!

Because they will probably have it

Last edited by TUNNEL PORT; 01-22-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added link
Old 01-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Suspended

This community is great....lol. Seriously, it is. Unbelievable in fact what can be accomplished in a short time, people who barely know one another helping. PY has a great thing here, and I appreciate their effort to host this place. Yes I know it helps their business too. Oh, and thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet! Just kidding, I actually like Al.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
This community is great....lol. Seriously, it is. Unbelievable in fact what can be accomplished in a short time, people who barely know one another helping. PY has a great thing here, and I appreciate their effort to host this place. Yes I know it helps their business too. Oh, and thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet! Just kidding, I actually like Al.
Yes Aron your comment about the guys on PY is 100% correct. PY is filled with guys to help in overcoming a problem.

Thanks guys.

I was more than willing to fab the piece myself which in the end would have worked & been just as good. Just as I have done with every other tool or part that I needed so far. But its nice to know I don't have too this time anyway.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Suspended

Might want to do what you can to make sure the first threads in the ram arent so messed up they ruin your new piece as you thread it in. To check that, I'd grind down the nut on the good side of your messed up fitting (if there is one) so its lower than the threads and wont get in the way.........then feed that baby in as far as you can go, pull it out and check the threads.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Default Nice Looking Tri Y's

I am late posting this, but better late than never. Because of work, I haven't had much if any Internet time.

Here are some pics of the headers I received from Ron before he moved his shop. I spent some time with him on the phone and via email, and I was impressed by his honesty and determination to fill all of his past orders. I think this is what will eventually cause him to find success in his business.

The headers look great. I haven't installed them yet, because the car is not ready. I ordered them early as a "sponsor" trying to help with the efforts to fill old orders.

I plan to do a little clean up work and then send them to the coater after I test fit. These are for my 79 Trans Am. I am planning on another set for my 68 Firebird convertible when the 79 project is finished.

I am very happy with the transaction, and the packaging exceeded my expectations.

Good luck to you Ron. I hope you have turned the corner to a more successful 2011.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	231731   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	231732   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	231733   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	231734   Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	231736  

2007 Pontiac Solstice
Old 01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Dave,
By the way I have that same bandsaw

Old 01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ya Aron I just used the good end of the old fitting & ran it in as far as it would go then backed of & went again until it went all the way in. Like you would a tap. There was not much resistance overall. I'll tak a pick & clean up the threads a little before putting the new one in. It appears it will go in & its ONLY going in once. So for better or worse its staying in once its in

Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

coat the threads with grease before running the fitting through the bore. If there are any bits of metal it will come out with the grease when removing the fitting.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles ahub. I recieved my tri y last fall ron has a great product. I can only imagin the problems with starting a buisness in this economy with credit problems on top of it. It has to be frustrating to wait that long,but I know ron is not out to con or cheat anyone. As far as your threat of legal action this would be a civil case at best I don,t see wear you would have any grounds/ability to initiate a criminal case in this situation. I am quite sure you will recieve your order in time as long as ron has the abillity to work.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

ahud421,

I wrote this part of the first post simply just for this fact :

I purposly didn't want to mention any of this because of the basic fact that one or two guys would most likely panic & make more out of it than what it really was. So of course it would be best to do after everything was in place. Not to mention there wasn't much time for anything else anyway.

As you can see through your own records 6 months was way over exaggerated. It was nowhere near that & as stated in my 1st post a panic would most likely exaggerate things. This is in no way meant to down play your post Im just showing how easily things can get distorted without the intent to do so.

I gave you an update a long with the other two that had your model headers back on the 9th. You stated in a response a date in Feb to have the headers to you & I am clearly meeting that goal since I told you in the update PM that your sets would be 1st priority after set up. As I documented hear on PY the last issue was the fitting that was damaged. After help from PY members we narrowed it down & it was ordered although through a different carrier. This part is in route.

I started this thread to make sure everyone was up to date on the facts & they are ALL truthful. I obviously didn't post a copy of my unlawful detainer I received for the house I lost or any of the other things that it took to move everything to prove I didn't move because I just felt like it. I sincerely doubt it would prove to some that I have been truthful with this update thread. Once I have everyone caught up & I finally have my own set (for what I have no idea since its all sold for this) then thats it I'll be done & I don't think I will continue after that. Im sure I'll still get bash threads then too maybe for quiting go figure.

The fix on your pattern requires a different bend that I don't have in my pile of bends here that I bent up just before wrapping up the bender for transport. Otherwise I could just do it right now. Rest assured I am working on the bends I do have in the mean while for the headers they will fit. I made sure I got your pattern resolved just before I had to move. Even though the bender was already ready for transport.

Closed Thread