Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:14 AM

I would really like a set of these headers.... but everytime I get ready to think about trying to order a set I come here and look for reports of orders being filled... I just read another thread and there were a couple guys that ordered in I think it was August and September and are still waiting.... Does Ron have a phone number and business address or is it PM communication and send you money via Pay-pal ?

I think it is great that Ron is trying to make it right with all the guys waiting for years and I understand the sell a new set use the money to cover the building of 2 sets till that gets done... but when you have guys doing that and its been 6 months its hard to send your money... What's the honest to God time line for getting a set of headers made now.... I think if Ron could show orders being filled the new orders would be rolling in I know mine would then pretty soon he would be making money hand over fist with this great product after catching up on all the old orders... I mean how many old orders are there...???

This is not an attack in any way toward Ron .... its just me looking at the situation there needs to be some organization in the process and proof that things are functioning so new potential customers feel confident in placing a order. Communication is key IMO...

Thanks... hoping to see things pick up and people getting headers...

Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Suspended

You are right...sending money isnt an easy decision to make when you cant be sure how long it might take. One thing seems apparent - Ron Watt WANTS to deliver what he is promising, and he is trying. That alone is why many guys have chosen to place an order. If you contact him and send him your # I'm sure he'll call. Many of us are hoping this gets better for him. If it does it will be better for us too.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A1Pontiacman sez: "I would really like a set of these headers.... but everytime I get ready to think about trying to order a set I come here and look for reports of orders being filled..." "a couple guys that ordered in I think it was August and September [of what year?] and are still waiting...."

That doesn't mean you shouldn't pay now so someone else can get theirs made. I mean what would you have to lose?

I decided I will wait until the guys who paid in 2005 and 2006 finally get theirs.
I figure if the waiting list is 5 years I will wait a few more years to order.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 PM

I'll trade my place in line for these headers for a set of Hookers/Summit Headers anything else really. 400 D-Port. PM if interested.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So for new orders is it pay when you order, or pay when your set is ready to be shipped? I'd really like a set but like most people I'm not interested in being put into an existing pile. If a set is actually ready to be shipped (not ready to be welded, or ready to be put in the box) I'd order. I know people have been waiting but if new orders are needed to get the old orders out, then obviously new orders need to be able leave positive feedback so others don't see it as a risk.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Send him an email and see what he has.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 PM

I know people have been waiting but if new orders are needed to get the old orders out, then obviously new orders need to be able leave positive feedback so others don't see it as a risk.[/QUOTE]

Rusted Goat, back in Sept 10 when I send money, it was my understanding this would help with old headers orders from 2005. It seems those guys didn't get headers and neither have I. Even though mine were waiting to go to the coater, according to Ron. Some people who ordered in 2010 received headers but not sure how many.

Ron, has not returned my emails or PMs and I don't have a phone number for him. He posted an update on here a few months ago and vanished again. So hopefully he is picking production back up and waiting to have headers ready to ship before he appears again.

I felt reluctant to send money knowing the problems from 2005, however, about that time, someone came on here and stated they were helping with financing and would be able to keep an eye on the situation. I felt Ron was getting the needed support to get all the old headers out and fill the new orders. So I sent money and seem to be caught up in the same situation as 2005.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 PM

Would it be possible to start a thread just for people who have received their headers. If they could please list about when ordered (month\year) and when received.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_oil View Post
Would it be possible to start a thread just for people who have received their headers. If they could please list about when ordered (month\year) and when received.
I guess not. Oh well

Old 03-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

big_oil \ "a thread just for people who have received their headers" "I guess not. Oh well"

Because It would be a very empty thread? what good would it do? you would also need a thread for those who have not received anything yet and thats already here in about 5 separate threads and many pages
Those who got theirs seem to fall into two camps: those who see it as a miracle and they take their headers and quietly escape and then there are those who magically received headers years ahead of the original investors. These people seem to stick around and become cheerleaders. It seems awkward to ask some questions as I dont want to discourage others but it seems some important facts need to be more in the open.
Im still confused how some people recently got theirs in a few weeks while some are still waiting after sending money 5 years ago? Are they special friends? Are the long ago people screwed? Probably not maybe just for now LOL Seems like he wants to make everyone feel ok in the end. Difficult job. Is it who you know or do you pay extra for right away? How does that all work?
I wish he would get caught up as they are great looking headers. Superb ground clearance. I will wait for more balanced delivery schedule.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here we go again.

What is going on is this. Ron has no money, at all. So in order to have any hope to ever fill the old orders, which he really wants to because he feels terrible about everything and he is not a crook, just a bad manager of time, money and a poor judge of character, he is taking new prepaid orders to get enough money to make one of the old orders and a new set for what he calls a "sponsor".

So these new orders that you are talking about are also accompanied by the filling of an old order. I'm sure it rubs alot of people the wrong way,but it is the only way we are ever going to get our headers and so because of that, I am cool with it.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 AM

Gearbanger,

I understand what you say but some people paid in August 2010 and didn't recieve anything??? i can understand that he fill's the new orders first and from the money and parts he has left makes the old orders but why are people waiting for 6 + months and why is Ron not responding on the threats or on e mail or pm??

I want to order a set but i want to know how long it would take for him to deliver and i think that's a fair question. i'd read/ heard more people want to order but everybody wants to know the delivery time ( which i think is fair because everybody has to work hard for their money)

Ron please respond to your mail/pm's

Daan

Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Senior Chief

If he is using money from the prepaids to put out new headers, then the three or four (myself included) that have paid since August 2010 should have helped put out 2 to 3 sets. I'm not sure that has happened.
I am happy to wait for these since these will ROCK, I just wish it was on the original timetable that I was told in December (2-3 weeks). I thought worst case scenario at least I would have them in time for summer. I will wait for the last moment to buy different headers to get me through until Ron sends me his.

'68 hard blocked forged 463 (thanks Luhn Performance), SD prepped HO aluminum intake, SD Perf 290cfm KRE'S,'Ol Faithful cam, 2004r with a "Jim Hand special" converter to a 3.42 Trutrac 12 bolt hung from a 4 link. With a 120 shot of N2O for fun.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, since that time I think aronhk md, vtxman, and richied have recieved and set. Don;t know whether they were sponsors or old orders. Maybe they can chime in and say who their sponsors were or who they were sponsoring.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know my sponsor is ahub21 and he is still waiting with me, so I have to believe that new guys are not getting them that much faster than old orders are being filled. I know both of ours are made and the finish welding is being done now. Due to a broken tool and some unforseen expenses, it has delayed the process just a bit, and another order may be needed to get our headers shipped out but things are still moving forward.

Another sort of weird deal with the sponsorship thing, was that whatever the new order headers were, he would use those to sponsor someone else who ordered headers for that kind of car too. That way, he could make two headers with the same tooling and jigs so it would be faster easier and cheaper. Makes sense, but probably gripes those who are waiting in the queue.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Senior Chief

I would sponsor myself (i.e. pay double) to get them in time. It is good to hear that people are getting some, but I do wish they would chime in with some pictures!!! I love seeing these things, they really are beautiful.

'68 hard blocked forged 463 (thanks Luhn Performance), SD prepped HO aluminum intake, SD Perf 290cfm KRE'S,'Ol Faithful cam, 2004r with a "Jim Hand special" converter to a 3.42 Trutrac 12 bolt hung from a 4 link. With a 120 shot of N2O for fun.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:37 AM

Default I received mine....

I posted in one of these threads that I did receive my headers. I was a sponsor for someone, but I can't remember the name. I might be able to find it in my PM's. He received his headers before I received mine, because I wasn't in a hurry. I am still working on the body work for my 79 TA.

I had many conversations with Ron via phone and email. I was convinced he was trying to do the right thing and he is committed to make good on all back orders. I know it must be frustrating for those that have waited a long time. But I have no doubt that everyone will receive their order eventually.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	237597   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	237598   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	237599   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	237600   Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	237601  

2007 Pontiac Solstice
Old 03-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Suspended

I dont know if I sponsored any one person or not. As far as I'm concerned my contribution was to Ron, his family, AND whoever was next in line. The guy has to eat, and he is trying to make good on old orders but he hasnt had a job. I think we can all agree that being unemployed these days does NOT mean someone is lazy. Maybe it went a small way toward getting Larry's old Tr-Ys back to him. I think everyone here is nuts if they think he can afford to make a set for old orders with every new order, though I think he has been trying to.

I am NOT trying to make excuses for him. He owes a lot of guys headers. I dont know if he'll succeed. But I give the guy credit for trying, and I wish there were some way I could help him.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got 2 sets in totall one from the first batch years ago. and one resendly . im also waighting on my new set that i still need to get.I did called him a couple of times and had lots of email traffic with him resendly. but in the last 2 weeks i could not get in contact with him.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post

I am NOT trying to make excuses for him. He owes a lot of guys headers. I dont know if he'll succeed. But I give the guy credit for trying, and I wish there were some way I could help him.
I couldn't agree more. I told Ron that if he would move to Utah, I would be his welder.

I hope he makes it.

2007 Pontiac Solstice
Closed Thread