Old 08-02-2016, 06:56 PM

Default New Core Support for '70 GTO - Review

I read here on the forums recently about certain issues with the '70 Core supports. The fitment and adjustments I read abut were certainly causing me some trepidation as I was at the stage of purchasing and installing mine.

Well, I ordered the "DII Radiator Core Support, V8, D-1509" from a vendor and I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased with the quality, fit and finish of the piece. I took a lot of measurements and compared side-by side with my old, rotted out support. This thing is spot on. The only differences I could discern were that some of the sealed 'dimples' on the originals now have small holes in them, thereby allowing any moisture to weep out. Also, a few of the dimpled areas are just slightly different in shape. Other than that, every edge, hole, bend, etc are identical to the original. (I had to bend the uppermost lip only slightly to come up so the fan shroud would be perfect, but I consider that a very easy and normal type of fitment process)

So all-in-all I think it's a very good piece. Even the EDP is well done!