ID:	48326   Click image for larger version

Name:	moreminustTB2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	48327  

Old 04-01-2006, 01:41 AM

Mike

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID47169...le-Shafts.aspx

Enjoying the posts and watching you build this thing, keep it coming. I got my shafts here and no disappointments.

Brian

Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

interesting link! they even sell a power valve actuator for 16 buks which isn't a bad price for a nice new one. I'll keep them in mind when ordering parts in the future. thx!

any other comments welcome always!
mike

Old 04-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default a minor hiatus

I don't want it to seem like the project disappeared. I've hit a minor snafu (a tad short on cash right now and am trying to buy a daily driver still - and school work is KILLING me since it's getting to the end of the semester). In any event I do plan on ordering that end throttle shaft (and probably fuel lines and missing linkage) this coming week. My current daily driver being out of order is not helping me find a place to get the center carb's linkage welded but oh well.

On top of it all: My hard drive on my computer just went out on me yesterday so all that data (including the 100-150+ pics of the tripower resto) is gone!! I'll try and recover some of it with some tricks but i'll be lucky if I get just the two school projects I had on there (due next week).. :\
What a trying few weeks but all in all life is good so I'm happy !

Mike

Old 04-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

semester almost over, should get more work done on this soon - sorry for lack of updates. I did finish cleaning and painted the front (last) throttle body.
Also finished cleaning and painted the incorrect '66 waterneck that came with the setup. I hope to sell the '66 water neck and use the money towards the correct '65 one.

Still haven't gotton to ordering the fuel lines and front throttle shaft. Next few weeks hopefully....

ALSO: Question - Are the studs on the manifold which the carb's sit on and are nutted down with usually painted to match the engine color or are they usually left metal as is??
Similar question for the waterneck's special stud. (i know, unless i'm looking for show points its probably more up to me but I was just curious. I think I'll end up leaving the manifold to carb studs as they are and will end up painting the waterneck stud blue.)

Last edited by mikediaz; 04-29-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikediaz
semester almost over, should get more work done on this soon - sorry for lack of updates. I did finish cleaning and painted the front (last) throttle body.
Also finished cleaning and painted the incorrect '66 waterneck that came with the setup. I hope to sell the '66 water neck and use the money towards the correct '65 one.

Still haven't gotton to ordering the fuel lines and front throttle shaft. Next few weeks hopefully....

ALSO: Question - Are the studs on the manifold which the carb's sit on and are nutted down with usually painted to match the engine color or are they usually left metal as is??
Similar question for the waterneck's special stud. (i know, unless i'm looking for show points its probably more up to me but I was just curious. I think I'll end up leaving the manifold to carb studs as they are and will end up painting the waterneck stud blue.)
Looking really good,Mike !

I would asume the studs to be unpainted,as the paint would disappear when you mount the carbs anyway.Also I think the paint could be a source of leak between the carb and intake ?

End of semester,Huh....Boy how I miss school...NOT..
Not to worry,summer is coming !

Old 04-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks norwegian!
you're right summer's coming! .... although I will be here for the first part of summer getting ahead in classes... two degrees don't come easy i guess. But anyways I'm hoping to get the 6-5 over here for summer but we'll see if i can find some storage for it. Either way I hope i can get this tri power done by mid summer so i can spend the rest of summer 'debugging' it Still looking for my next daily driver tho...

Best to you and all else on the forum!

Old 10-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Too long since I've updated this thread but that's only because there have been no updates

For whatever reasons, I only now am somewhat ready to order at least some of the few parts I need to carry on with this little rebuild. I want to order the throttle shafts I need and possibly the fuel lines in the next few days... I'd really like to order the air cleaners and a few other lines (choke to manifold, brake booster fitting for center carb, etc) but I better move one step at a time.

Will keep you guys posted.
Mike

Old 10-22-2006, 08:09 PM

I just read your entire account concerning rebuilding a 65 tri power unit and found it very interesting as I am going through the very same process with what sounds like the same condition carbs, I have learned much and feel better qualified now to do the work correctly. Carbking sure knows his stuff doesn't he and is happy to help others. Keep it coming, Bob.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dear goodness, I was stunned to see that it had been nearly 2 YEARS since I worked on the tripower thing... in my mind it was just yesterday that I was in the middle of it.. and so it has sat for 2 years.

I don't have any spare cash to work on it right now so it will sit for a while longer. It's sitting wrapped in plastic just a few feet from me.

Bumping this to the top will also help a fellow PYer see this since he is about to install his own setup on his car. Maybe he can get something outta this.

I'll keep posting to this whenever it gets going again :^) no need to lament with me here, I'm sure you've all been here