Old 01-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Red face BRAKE LINES

Has anyone used INLINETUBE for ther brake lines?????

Im putting the finishing touches on my JUDGE, Should i use the original materials or STAINLESS???????? car is all original #s matching

Old 01-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've used the INLINE tubes lines on my '67. The fit was excellent. I would go with the stainless (I don't think the cost differential is that great). You're already replacing the "original" lines anyway, so why not take advantage of the better material?

Old 01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not that my car is CONCOURS, but damn near close. Whats the judges think about the uprade if it were to be concours judged????

Old 01-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE
Not that my car is CONCOURS, but damn near close. Whats the judges think about the uprade if it were to be concours judged????
I have seen enough comments to know that if most/some judges at national shows can determine that the part is not original equipment type, it will count against you. If Inlinetube says that you can visually tell the difference (you probably can), you had better use the original equipment type.

I would ask this same question, and I'm fairly certain the answer is yes, and I would use the original type.

Decisions, decisions...........

Old 01-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I vote for the non-stainless lines. I bought mine from inline tube and they are gorgeous. I have seen judges count off at shows for stainless lines in stock classes.
also I have installed stainless lines on my customer's GTOS and had a great deal of difficulty getting the fittings not to leak, as the stainless is such hard material that
the flares at the end of the tubes don't want to seat. On a 66 GTO of my buddy's
it took us about ten hours of screwing with the fittings to get them to quit leaking.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ORIGINAL IT IS!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking Good choice...

Hurst beat me to it...but on the money! Good luck. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to hi-jack, (I am sure SWEET doesn't mind) but what if one has original lines that are in excellent condition, except for minor surface rust? Is there a recommendation for "restoring" them? (sand and paint) If so, what is a color recommendation?

Old 01-16-2006, 07:08 PM

i'll be replacing my front lines on my judge this winter. until now i've had my original lines. what i did the first time around is give them a good cleaning or sandblast. i then painted them with eastwoods bare steel spray paint. they didn't look to bad, not like
brand new ones, but decent.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob with the 66 wrote:

I just want to post a note about the great service I had at Inline tube.

I went there yesterday looking for just a brake line t-block, not really aware of want I needed. The guy behing the counter helped me with a new brake hose and new prebent lines for my rear end that I will be installing in my car.

Great help, and he gave me a great deal.

GTOlib wrote:
I had good luck with them
there is always some who's not happy ,the world is not a perfect place but every expects it to be.

Superdutybob Wrote:

I know the owners of Inline Tube pretty well and this does not reflect the kind of business that they run. I have had nothing but the best service from them and I know tons of other people that have also. You may try to call and talk to one of the owners before you bash a company that has done so much to support the musclecar hobby.

Mike Lannon Wrote:

I have had great luck with inline tube. I consider them to be true car enthusiast and have done tremendous work to forward the car hobby. I'm glad we have a place to go for all the little detail items.

I also should apologize to John for drooling on his Judge ever time I see it. That is one of the best Judge's I have ever seen. IMHO

Judge Rag top Wrote:

I have done 4 restorations of late and used Inline tube for all my fuel brake/lines, brake cables ect. I have had a good experience with them. Everything fit and looked like it was suppose to. My 2 cents.

Taximan Wrote:

I have purchased various items from Inline, and the products have been great.

No problems at all.

TJH Wrote:
I've done tons of business with InLine Tube, and have always been more than impressed with the quality of their products, as well as their knowledge of these cars. John and James (the two brothers who own InLine) know GM A-bodies better than anyone I have ever met, and they have brought unknown or overlooked parts to market that have raised the bar on concours restorations considerably.

75 TA Wrote:
I have also used InLine Tube for several parts and although some parts were wrong (ordered stock fuel line but in 1/2 inch in lieu of 3/8 inch and they sent me the 3/8 inch first), they replaced the wrong item with no questions.

Formula8 wrote:
All my lines came from inline tube. All perfect.

6T7GTO wrote:
I replaced every line on my 67 gto with Inline products.
The rep on the phone answered all my questions and concerns.
Every line fit perfectly.
When I do my other gto, this winter, I will definitely use Inline.

David

GOAtracer Wrote:
The guys at Inline are very knowledgeble and experienced. I have known them personnally for some time now. Usually when a customer recieves a part that doesn't fit correctly it was because information was poorly relayed regarding the application or even that the part to be replaced was not the original. Now once in a while a mistake may happen with any company, but that doesn't make the entire company a rotten business.
P.S. And if a customer calls acting abrasive and confrontational, that usually doesn't help the process move smoothly either. Bryan

GTOlib wrote
bought all new brake lines for my car a 1 yr ago,had no problem ,the guy on the phone knew everything I needed and wanted.seemed very interested.
everything came undamaged and perfect fit

GOAtracer wrote:
I've bought lines from them for two of my cars and never had a problem. I've even had custom lines made by making them a pattern and giving it to them. Those lines came out sweet too. Oh well I guess I'm just the lucky one. Thanks, Bryan

PonJON Wrote:
I just had teriffic experience with Inline. I called him, told him I needed custom lines bent 1.5 inches shorter than OEM, told me 2 weeks, same price as the over the counter items. I had the parts in 5 days.

GOAthead68 wrote:
I have trans, brake and fuel lines from Inline Tube on my '68. Every line fit well, save for some minor tweaking. I've had no problems with their product or service.

2manyponchos wrote:
I've bought a few things from them over the last 2 years and quality has been top notch on everything rec'd. One shipment did include the wrong brake/fuel line clips, but that was quickly resolved in a professional manner and they sent the correct parts on their dime.

Superdutybob wrote:
I wouldn't use anybody BUT Inline Tube. Always get treated right if I need to go back which has only been once. Bought a fuel tank for a 74 T/A. When I got it home and out of the box it had a large dent in the bottom. Called them up and they ordered me a new one on the spot. When it came in I went and made the exchange without any hassles whatsoever.

These guys have done more for the hobby than most and continue to add new parts that are impossible or hard to find to their catalog.

HUGE thumbs up to Inline Tube.

UPCwu2 wrote:
I have bought a lot of stuff from Inline in the past year. Pipes and E-brake cables, proportioning valves. No problems whatsoever.

Performerrpm Wrote:
inline did well by me. and they managed to get my stuff here in short notice too

69RAGTO Wrote:
I buy from Inline all the time and have no problems at all with them or their Product. I also buy most of my other parts from AMES and they have never let me down with great customer service.

70 GPSj4speed wrote:
Ames uses inline so either way your buying inline

Motorcitymuscelcar wrote:
Inline tube makes: brake & fuel lines, parking brake cables, prop valves, brake and fuel clips, rubber and stainless hoses, sending units, suspension products and much more, no other line company even comes close. Right stuff just lines – they buy all the cables and valves from inline tube and re-sell them. Fine lines - just lines they buy all the valves from inline tube. The Canada Company buys lines, cables, valves and most other inline tube products. Ames Buys from Inline Tube – Performance years, buys from inline tube, year one – buys from inline tube, Origianls parts group – buys from inline tube – the paddock – buys from inline tube. They supply 150 dealer and sip 14,000 of there own customer orders each year –this is because they are the best out there. If they were not none of these people would buy from them.

BLKbrd Wrote:
I've used Inline Tube for brake and fuel lines and I have always been very happy with their product. They certainly appear correct to me, but since I've never seen one of these cars new, I couldn't tell you if the color codes on the brake lines are correct. I've never used the backing plate kits, so I can't comment on those.

Mark Simiele Wrote:
68 RamII, my car (69 non judge convertible)has been judged twice and taken two gold concours awards at the GTOAA East Coast Regionals show. Nothing was deducted for any of Inlines brake lines or parts. I will be registering my car for concours class at the 08 GTOAA Nationals and they are really super, super picky so we'll see how that goes.

FYI, the owner of ILT, John Kryta is a concours judge for the GTOAA nationals so he might be judging in 08 as well so you can figure out what that means if he is looking at your car with his parts.

TEG Wrote:
I ordered a lot of stuff from In Line. Tags, gas tank, bolts, shocks, brake and gas lines, vent lines, power steering lines, shock hardware, stencils, stamps, etc., etc., etc. Lots of stuff. I would order from them again without a doubt. And I think John know's his Pontiacs (and the market) as good as anyone. Plus, he shares his knowledge.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone have a set of the OEM lines that have been on for a long period of time, (years)

How does the finish hold up?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Inline tube makes the OEM steel lines with a tin coating and it will last as long as the original. It all depends on the driving conditions of the car and how much it is exposed to the elements just like the originals. If the car never sees rain, salt and snow they will last forever - if you live by salt water and the car gets rained on alot the sale will eat the coating. The coatings on the tube are far better than in the 60's but nothing lasts forever - if it is a concourse car OEM if it is a driver Stainless is the way to go. Hope this helps.

We have coated tubing that has been out side the shop hanging for over 3 years and the coating is dull but not rusty. it has been hit by all the elements over the years.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Go with "The Right Stuff" for your brake needs. I've never heard a bad word about them.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the owners of Inline tube has a concourse 69 Judge and a few other judges and a few more 69 GTO's I thinks he is into GTO's. I would bet he has the best product on the market for GTO - He also makes tons of detailing items for the Judges, a guy into this kind of details must be fussy. Here is the catalog online http://www.inlinetube.com/PDF%20cata...log%20200.pdf:)

Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Senior Chief

John, every time I see that car I remember the movie phrase:

"We're not worthy, we're not worthy."

Truly, the cat's a55.

T.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

it is a beauty!!!!!!! i hope to see it 1 day

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Chief

Default Chiming in........

I've been buying brake/fuel lines from Inline Tube pretty much since they started out back in the early 90s.
The quality of the parts and service (yes service) have kept me going back for all these years.
They have supplied parts for 11 vehicles I have repaired/restored including a World War II 1941 Autocar Half Track.
Plus, they are constantly developing new and correct parts for our cars which is an asset to the hobby.
Hopefully they will continue to bring more and more parts for our cars to market.

I have nothing to gain here, just my two cents.