Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jason,

You have a lot of ball$ to put that car on ebay with no reserve. I hope you do well. With all the hard work you have done it would be sad to see you sell for much less than its worth.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Senior Chief

Weranc55, ever hear of a shill bid? I hope it doesn't go to that.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 PM

This car was bought to showcase my work and to sell.....so I feel the car will sell itself and it will sell for what it is worth. I have a 100% feedback rating on Ebay and have sold 7 cars on there prior to this one. I don't shill bid and I don't need to. I have already had many cash offers for the car.

This Judge is currently topping the list of the most watched collector car on Ebay.....so I am pretty confident the car will go for what it is worth.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 PM

Any guesses as to what the car will sell for?? 75-80k?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesjudge View Post
Any guesses as to what the car will sell for?? 75-80k?
I'm hoping for somewhere around 1 million.......but I'm a little biased.

Seriously though......I have no idea what it is going to go for. There are alot of features about this car that I have never seen on a Judge sold on Ebay before, so it's hard for me to gauge what will happen. The fact that this is a WT7-optioned Canadian Judge is the wild card.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay and I feel that this example is worth top dollar. Jason has done an outstanding job on it. For Jason's benefit hopefully there will be several people that feel the same way and ante up in true auction form and the one with the deepest pockets will own this treasure and Jason will be rewarded with personal pride that the new owner places his / her offer as a compliment to his (Jason's) efforts for the restoration. I hope the car pulls every penney it can, even speculated at. I only wish that I had the opportunity to view this machine in person, perhaps I will at a show somewhere, someday.

Tim john---

Old 07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john View Post
It is only worth what someone is willing to pay and I feel that this example is worth top dollar. Jason has done an outstanding job on it. For Jason's benefit hopefully there will be several people that feel the same way and ante up in true auction form and the one with the deepest pockets will own this treasure and Jason will be rewarded with personal pride that the new owner places his / her offer as a compliment to his (Jason's) efforts for the restoration. I hope the car pulls every penney it can, even speculated at. I only wish that I had the opportunity to view this machine in person, perhaps I will at a show somewhere, someday.

Tim john---
Well Said Sir. This car is so far above all the other 70 Judges I've seen on eBay in the last two years in terms of quality of restoration, attention to detail and documentaion that I cannot imagine it not bringing a fair price. I wish (for Jason's sake) that the general economy and current market conditions were better, but I still think that serious collectors will see the value in this car and ante up a fair price. I wish I could participate but will certainly enjoy watching from the sidelines.

Jason, I am pulling for you to get top dollar for an absolutely beautiful car. Like Tim john, I am really looking forward to seeing this car at a show someday and certainly believe that with it's story-line and this well-documented restoration it will no doubt hit the show circuit and make a magazine cover or two.

BJ

Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Thanks guys.

I know the car isn't hitting the market at the perfect time, but I can't complain about how the auction is going so far. All of the bidders have been long-time Ebay members with good feedback. I think the car has the attention of the serious collectors.

It's the most watched collector car on Ebay which is pretty impressive when you consider there are thousands of cars for sale on there right now.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is going to be a great auction to watch toward the end.
Super job Jason.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM

Jason I wish you the best of luck you and your family have done such a GREAT job on restoring this GTO back to life or back to when it came out of the factory to me this is the nicest GTO in the world all the right numbers panels and so on this car is a part of history some museum should buy it or someone that knows what quality is.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

&70,100 and climbing. Still a great buy at that price. I wish you success Jason.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jason

You should put together a cd or dvd with all your resto pict with tips on paints and procedures. I know all buy one

Old 07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jason:
It is 7:55PM EDT and I am, along with many, many others I'm sure - sitting at the computer watching the end of this incredible story unfold. Here's to a great car and a great big number!!

BJ

Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

$73,100 bought by the owner of another famous car here I believe.

Congratulations to both buyer and seller!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lars1nyc won it for $73,100. Sounds like the deal of the year to me. I was a bidder but kind of gave up b/c I figured it would end up selling for six figures or close to it.

Scott

Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats to Larry on a great purchase!! this car will go nicely with that beautiful Orbit Orange Judge Vert!

Congrats Jason on a nice project and successful sale!

BJ

Old 07-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Congrats to Larry on a great purchase!! this car will go nicely with that beautiful Orbit Orange Judge Vert!

Congrats Jason on a nice project and successful sale!

BJ
Wow, Two beautiful cars for sure! Congrats to both Larry & Jason

Old 07-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have to ask is there another coming down the pipe line and if so what is she?
Best of luck either way to you and your business. I'm sure you feel the admiration from us all for you to succeed in your business venture and prosper.
Cheers,
Brew

Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default White Judge

Nicely bought, and I hope nicely sold. congrats to both, killer car!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf View Post
lars1nyc won it for $73,100. Sounds like the deal of the year to me. I was a bidder but kind of gave up b/c I figured it would end up selling for six figures or close to it.

Scott

Prices are soft on a lot of specialty cars at the moment because of the poor economy. I watched some of the Bloomington Corvette auction a few weeks back and many cars were closing below reserve prices. I think before the economy tanked, this car would have gone in the 6 figure range.