Old 06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff, looks like it turned out great!!

Hey, if he's not already, be sure that the owner gets wind of the PY board...and the co-vention in Dayton!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerods View Post
Great job Jeff, what's next??
Thanks! I don't have any other projects currently lined up, a few pending though.

The day before I had this one finished a guy that only live a few miles from me called and asked about doing a 69 GTO convertible that he's had for the last 20+ years. He came down and and looked at this 62, we talked about what it would probably run, and he told me that when I am ready call him and he would bring it down for me to start on. He even said that his wife was looking forward to having it restored and she knew it was something he always wanted to do.

Then the next day he came by and I could see by the look on his face, that something was up. Apparently after he told his wife what it would wind up costing, her enthusiasm quickly faded and she told him no way! Apparently she figures they can't afford it at this time...

www.jandjrepairandrestoration
Old 06-04-2009, 05:02 PM

At least he told you before you strted the job!

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-05-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Walker View Post
Thanks! I don't have any other projects currently lined up, a few pending though.

The day before I had this one finished a guy that only live a few miles from me called and asked about doing a 69 GTO convertible that he's had for the last 20+ years. He came down and and looked at this 62, we talked about what it would probably run, and he told me that when I am ready call him and he would bring it down for me to start on. He even said that his wife was looking forward to having it restored and she knew it was something he always wanted to do.

Then the next day he came by and I could see by the look on his face, that something was up. Apparently after he told his wife what it would wind up costing, her enthusiasm quickly faded and she told him no way! Apparently she figures they can't afford it at this time...
If they don't have all the funds, then they don't have all the funds and it might be a little while before it gets in the shop. But it might help to remind the wife what the car will be worth when it's restored. I would love to see you do the restoration on that 69 GTO convertible.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Chief

Beautiful job, Jeff! That's a sweet looking Catalina.

I think most of us are fortunate that our wives tolerate our hobby. Of course, it helps if you can actually afford to do it, as well. At least they stopped before you got started.