Old 04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to poison heart

I thought you were making room for a 62 GP 4 speed...

1959 Star Chief 4 Dr HT dual quad 389 4 speed
1962 Pontiac Plain Jane Catalina

http://pontiac-59.com/
Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I might be! The house has a two-car attached!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
my wife had a problem making the one car garage any taller!I gave in on that as my garages were built and cars in them before the house was finished.Come by any time and take any of them for a spin.Just A.F.C!Also its just a bird in T/A clothing.Tom
You should've made that garage LONGER!

MIke

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike,the city put the limit on a 1000 sq ft!As it is now I ALMOST really screwed up.I was using inside numbers and the city uses outside.You loose a bunch with the wall thickness.I have to put the cars in at a angle to get them in.Tom

Old 04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well,got the head lights working,dash installed,had a problem with the radio as the 62 core I bought did not fit,back to the drawing board on that.Got the rear dual speaker installed today.Took it to the Seal Beach show yesterday and will take it to Fuddruckers pontiac show on may 8th.Then the slimjim is coming out and the 4 speed goes in and then the tripower.Looks like June before it will get done.Tom

Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question huh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
...had a problem with the radio as the 62 core I bought did not fit,back to the drawing board on that...
...how did a '62 radio not fit in a '62 dash?

Anyway, depending on your plans for the radio (gut and conversion, stock and RediRad, aftermarket unit in the glove box, etc.) I have spare radios that I GURANTEE will fit a '62...PM me if interested.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the buttons are just a touch higher and dont follow the lines of the dash.Have it handled already.Thanks,Tom

Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

got the alt installed and working.Had to move the power steering belt to the back pully and the alt belt to the front.Got the mini starer installed and the oli filter adapter for the long branch exhaust installed.VERY close to starting the trans removal and stick shift change over.Tom

Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the long branch were a PITA!The mini starter took way too much work to make fit.The motor mount on the pass side had to be ground to clear.Got the frame mount for the clutch linkage installed,need to rework the fuel and brake lines as they were in the way.Ended up to be a all day job.Will start pulling the exhaust and X member tomorrow.Tom

Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Which year headers did you use? The early ones fit easy. (well slightly easier than the later ones)

Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ram air restorations.Have used them before.The mini starters are always a issue.Not sure what motor mounts are on the car.They look new.Needed to grind about a 1/4 in off of it.Tom

Old 05-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

I never tired a ministarter on any of my pontiacs. I did have to modify the Solunoid and the extention on them for clearance on the Drivers side HO manifolds on all of my big cars. I found a shorter solunoid that worked and then had to insulate the extended copper contact to the connection on the front of the housings.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

have done the same.Problem I have found with the mini starter is the clocking is just not right for them.They are usually about a 1/2 screw weith off.Will talk to Paul about it this week.Tom

Old 05-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Senior Chief

The mini starter doesn't clock 360?, what kind did you use?

Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used the ram air restoration and it does clock 360 BUT it is about a half bolt hole wrong either way.It worked fine with the factory exhaust but could not get it to work with the long branch.There is a rib cast in the block that hit the starter when it looked like the right position.When rolled around it hit either the manifold or the oil pan.Huge PITA.Have a call into Paul to give me some insight.Tom

Old 05-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

got the flywheel,clutch,bellhousing and trans in today.Will buton up the underside of the clutch linkage tomorrow and will then dig into the underdash stuff and consol.Tom

Old 05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom,

I've run into that same problem with the mini starter. When I had my engine built, the machine shop drilled out the clocking plate for me. If I have to change the starter, I'm swapping out that plate. You'd think Ram Air Resto would know about this and fix it on their end. I'd be interrested to know if someone else makes a mini starter that doesn't have this issue. The ideal solution would be to luck out and find a factory starter that was designed to use with those Longbranches. Don't think I've ever seen one that I'm aware of though...

Old 05-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the factory 61-63 long brach work great with the stock starter.The repo exhaust are actually made for birds and 65 big cars with block mounted starters.There is a guy out here that makes a mini starter also but had them redrill their mounting plate.I would have thought Paul would have delt with our problem before.Tom

Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, I didn't realise the Ram Air repros weren't actually copies of the 61-63 exhaust maifolds. Learn somthing new every day!

Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the pass side is
way diff,just enough diff on the drivers.Tom