Originally Posted by 65 Cat 2+2 View Post
Looks like a bone-stock Camaro to me.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 Cat 2+2 View Post
Looks like a bone-stock Camaro to me.
LOL
Nice color on your Camaro. I bet it gets some attention at the local cruise in.

I am a Pontiac guy but I like anything from 57-70. Especially the 62-66 full size cars. Great cars from the big 3 those years.

patrick

Old 11-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Personally I could care less if it the orignal block or not. As long as it all looks, runs and presents as the same it is a 2+2. I dont know why people get hung up on it being to the "T" original. I understand everyone is different and I can appreciate that but I'm just saying for me, close is good enough.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 11-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Right Hitman. And it is worth well over 20 grand no matter what the PHS comes back with. Beyond that it is just what kind of enthusiasm gets stirred up with whatever wallets are available at that time. I have never thought that anyone would hold a bigger/better engine against any Pontiac when it came down to it unless they were just going to set it on a trailer.

It is a sweet combination, and you don't need any paperwork to confirm that even though it may help you get a better price.

If it was a '66 & I had any garage space it would perfectly complete my collection!

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Personally I could care less if it the orignal block or not. As long as it all looks, runs and presents as the same it is a 2+2. I dont know why people get hung up on it being to the "T" original. I understand everyone is different and I can appreciate that but I'm just saying for me, close is good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
Right Hitman. And it is worth well over 20 grand no matter what the PHS comes back with. Beyond that it is just what kind of enthusiasm gets stirred up with whatever wallets are available at that time. I have never thought that anyone would hold a bigger/better engine against any Pontiac when it came down to it unless they were just going to set it on a trailer.

It is a sweet combination, and you don't need any paperwork to confirm that even though it may help you get a better price.

If it was a '66 & I had any garage space it would perfectly complete my collection!
Agreed and agree. However, since all pontiac blocks are the same (301 turbo,303 ra5) would you not want to know what it is in there? I think this is what we are trying to determine. Personally If I was paying over 20 grand for a 421 car I would want a 421 engine. I would not care what year, casting number or code, Just a 421 block Not a 326 2bl block with tri-power.
Love you guys

patrick

Old 11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65WJ View Post
) would you not want to know what it is in there?
Love you guys

patrick
Yep. I am not saying I would not find out what engine is in there - just that everything would not have to line up with PHS if it was 421 4bbl or similar for me personally to avoid having a monetary cow about it. A car like that is nice and can be enjoyed/is worth that kind of $ regardless of how far over 338 HP it is.

We love you too man!

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
Old 11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 11-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, that is all I meant. If it is a 65 421 I would'nt care, heck, even if it was a 66 I would'nt care. As long as it all looks right I'm cool. All this judging I see at shows where they run the numbers is ridiculous to me. But that is what floats some folks boats and to each his own in this hobby. You all know I'm very passionate about the '65 Catalinas and especially the 2+2's but I'm not anal. I have to say, I've mentioned to my wife about breaking the savings and try to buy this car but mine will be a black on black 4sp hardtop so I really need to refrain.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 11-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills 2+2 View Post
It would be nice if all GM did. Not that it would help with my car as it's not stock. I'm more of a chevy guy but I love all the old cars. Here is a pic of my car on the lift next to the 2+2.
Except for the color it looks like a buddy of mines. His has a 427 under the hood and is an animal.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65WJ View Post
Agreed and agree. However, since all pontiac blocks are the same (301 turbo,303 ra5) would you not want to know what it is in there? I think this is what we are trying to determine. Personally If I was paying over 20 grand for a 421 car I would want a 421 engine. I would not care what year, casting number or code, Just a 421 block Not a 326 2bl block with tri-power.
Love you guys

patrick
You are right on... I'm looking for a 2+2 and about half of the ones I have came across in the past few months have 389s (it doesn't make it them any less cool or drive worse but it just isn't worth as much)

Especially for a '65 to get the $$ everything has to be right..otherwise you can buy a nice driver Catalina vert and put some badges/gills on her for under half the price.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Except for the color it looks like a buddy of mines. His has a 427 under the hood and is an animal.

no doubt a mouse. or maybe a snail. LOL

65 Catalina Safari 4DSW
Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 AM

yup all stock 454.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_0216Amya10268.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	226024   Click image for larger version

Name:	interior 026.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	226025  

Old 11-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASJayhawk View Post
no doubt a mouse. or maybe a snail. LOL
As compared with a giant rat in this case!

Very cool ride. My neighbor has a '68 4 Spd SS w/ 427 . Street raced for the last 30 years.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
Old 11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
yup all stock 454.
could you imagine what kind of cars we could be driving if we did not have the epa and ntsb and all the other gov't crap dictating what we CAN drive?

Veyrons for everyone

Very nice camaro. One question is your smileage gpm or mpg

patrick

Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM

mpg 12, smileage

Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help and complements on the cars. The info will be faxed to PHS tomorrow morning and I will post what I find out.

Steve

Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 PM

Out of curiosity, what would be the price difference between a 2+2 that is PHS confirmed to the "T" and one that was restored but not to the PHS specs. Say for instance added options and painted different color. Both have 421 tripowers, but one was originally a 4 bbl and maybe did not come with the added options like wood wheel, AM/FM, tach etc.... But today they look the same and have the same options, just one had options added along the way and one came with them when new. Ballpark what kid of money difference would that make?

61 Tempest 2 dr Coupe - survivor
64 GP - work in progress
71 GTO Convertible - in 1000 parts
and 69 Firebird
Old 11-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I understand correctly both cars PHS confirmed 2+2's? If so no difference to me. The one with the upgrades might bring a little more money imo. Too me anyway. Now if one is a base Catalina and upgraded to a 2+2 it would bring imo 25% less maybe more.
Adding options cannot hurt imo, the more the better.
somemore thoughts on an interesting question.
BTW I will had 2 maybe 3 options to my car when done.
AM-FM, tilt wheel and power seat. Have the tilt 2 more to go

patrick
ps broke at the moment so please do not tell me you have what I want.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM

Ok PHS confirmed 2+2 421 4speed WG 4Bbl car. White top, blue charcoal interior and Nightwatch blue. Special order bucket seats. I have the list of all the other options the car came with, I will see if I can scan it and put it on tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ok PHS confirmed 2+2 421 4speed WG 4Bbl car. White top, blue charcoal interior and Nightwatch blue. Special order bucket seats. I have the list of all the other options the car came with, I will see if I can scan it and put it on tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve
woot woot