THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-09-2022, 06:01 AM

Default Passed car inspection

Just got my '65 Bonneville from the car inspection and it passed with no remarks. Now I can drive it back in the garage and take it to pieces and start fixing things
Here in Finland they check brakes, brake balance front and rear, shock absorber condition, ball joints, lights, e-brake balance, horn, rust etc. Everything that has to do with safety and handling.

The Following User Says Thank You to samiralfey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice work! Now you have a baseline when you put it back together... at least you'll know the brakes and suspension should work.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
Nice work! Now you have a baseline when you put it back together... at least you'll know the brakes and suspension should work.
I'll try to enjoy it at least a few months before winter arrives. Then have plenty of time fixing all the small things. It feels a bit soft so will go through suspension, bushes, shocks etc. to stiffen it up a bit.

Old 08-09-2022, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats! I'm sure that 65 Bonnie gets a lot of looks in Finland!

I always hated inspections. Now I dont need to do them.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 08-09-2022, 01:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

congrats - much to my surprise mine passed last week as well (virtual beer clinking...)

what a relief - I always hear horror stories of people getting dinged for the stupidest "safety" items...