Old 03-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Senior Chief

Default Need locations for 66 reverb and power antenna switch

Can someone post pictures of the 66 reverb and power antenna switch locations (as well as some measurements) for a Grand Prix? I am wanting to drill the holes for those two switches while I have my dash pad off and the windshield removed from my car.

Thanks
Carl

Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Best way to measure is from the dash pad phillips mounting screw on the driver's side of the map light. If you measure from the center of that screw to the center of each to the accessory switches, the locations on my '66 GP are as follows: 7" to reverb switch center and 9 1/2" to center of antenna switch.

I don't have a better Pic at the moment, but this shows a general location:

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 03-23-2012, 05:39 PM

And here I thought that bezel had the locations marked on the back of it?

MIke

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
Best way to measure is from the dash pad phillips mounting screw on the driver's side of the map light. If you measure from the center of that screw to the center of each to the accessory switches, the locations on my '66 GP are as follows: 7" to reverb switch center and 9 1/2" to center of antenna switch.

I don't have a better Pic at the moment, but this shows a general location:

Thanks, I should have mentioned mine is Canadian, it's a Grande Parisienne. They don't use that map light so I have no idea where to measure from!

Any other spot I might be able to measure from?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Senior Chief

I think maybe I figured out where you mean. Is that pad mounting screw pretty much straight up in a line from the left vertical chrome edge on the amp gauge? That would put my stuff about where I see your's I think.

Those two switches on your's are power antenna and reverb? Reverb is the right one, power antenna is the left one?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Post Here's a picture to look at.

Carl,

Take a look at the pictures of this car on eBay right now. There is an excellent picture of the dash showing the locations of the three switches on the dah.

This car has a switch for the Antenna, Rear Speakers and a defogger. As I understand it, the switch locations are set up so if the car has only one switch, it is mounted in the far right position.

A second switch is then located in the next left position and if a third switch is used, it thus moves one space to the left again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...item20c409cd33

Maybe I'm wrong about the switch locations right to left but someone else can correct me.

Ian

Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks Ian!

By chance I happened to see that the other night in my search for locations. I saved those pics. I am closing in on the correct locations for my two switches, having looked at a few cars now. I have someone who is going to check his original car for me and once he does that, I think I will have it nailed.

Thanks for looking out for me!