THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default job opportunity: field service machinist, field service engineer

company i work for is looking to hire a few new guys. all travel, work doing maintenance and repair in power plants. don't have to relocate but they want you to be able to get to a major airport in about an hour. must have a drivers license, be able to pass a background check, and drug test. pretty good career for someone who doesn't mind travel and is sick of doing the same thing day after day.

if anyones interested or knows someone who might be, i will find and post the the link. if anyone wants more info, post or pm me, i have no reason to sugar coat anything.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:32 AM
Senior Chief

Location? There's a lot of laid off coal miners in my area.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Senior Chief

What kind of skill set or education are they looking for?

Old 05-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

for the machinist position, they have hired young guys right out of trade school, and they have also hired guys with decades of machining experience. a lot of our equipment isn't the typical lathe/mill/drill press but for the most part it all goes round and round and up and down. i will check on the engineer position after work.