Old 10-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Robin Roberts

What is your opinion of what Robin Roberts did last night on Street Outlaws. In case you didn't see it he raced a young man that "Jumped the Light" and plastered Robin at the traps maybe 10 cars. In front of the camera Robin told the young man that if he didn't bypass the scales and let Robin win that Robin would no longer be his friend. The young guy relented and bypassed the scale and let Robin win. Now Robin is on facebook claiming the only reason he did that was the young guy hurt his engine and could no longer compete anyway.
I made this meme and if you like it feel free to use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robin.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	575662  

Old 10-20-2021, 02:27 PM
Senior Chief

I like the meme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-20-2021, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tv drama put the yellow bulbs in and be done with it, it a soap opera for car guys. Looks like the stands are more empty than full.

Old 10-20-2021, 03:00 PM
Boost Engineer

Robin is a unique kind of guy, some apparently like him, some do not care for him and his games. I really have no opinion, one way or the other, about the guy except that over the years he has destroyed a bunch of Pontiac Parts, according to the suppliers of the parts.

Hey, if you have the money, it is your money.

Tom V.

Jim, you have some real computer skills.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My opinion of the situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13-22-03 Big chief testing the crow.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	575668  

Old 10-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Scites View Post
What is your opinion of what Robin Roberts did last night on Street Outlaws. In case you didn't see it he raced a young man that "Jumped the Light" and plastered Robin at the traps maybe 10 cars. In front of the camera Robin told the young man that if he didn't bypass the scales and let Robin win that Robin would no longer be his friend. The young guy relented and bypassed the scale and let Robin win. Now Robin is on facebook claiming the only reason he did that was the young guy hurt his engine and could no longer compete anyway.
I made this meme and if you like it feel free to use it.
That was a chicken move.. The optics are self telling.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IF the engine was hurt and he could not make the next round, wouldn't Robin be back in?

Old 10-20-2021, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No, his opponent would get a single pass.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-20-2021, 07:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Why do we insist on watching shows that highlight morons? Screw “reality”. Its plain desperate to watch, believe or participate in.

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
The Following User Says Thank You to lfdsteve For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 09:17 PM
Senior Chief

A bunch of cry babies on that show.

www.lancablingsolutions.com
Old 10-20-2021, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don’t you think most of the team stuff is for tv?

Old 10-20-2021, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh man I knew a thread about this situation would be posted! ( I’ll say how I feel about what we saw as it was portrayed )
(But I’m not sure it’s a true representation of what really happened )

I knew Robin way back from PZ and our turbo power adder forums , he’s always been a good guy.
But damn if it didn’t go red, then it was legit and that was wrong to do.
That’s what the system is for and why there’s a red light if you want to take the risk to guess the light and win it’s yours for the taking!

No reason to PUNK the poor kid like that . Looks really bad for us Pontiac guys and for Robin. That’s my opinion of what I saw. BUT
Again always really liked Robin, he helped my buddy in Memphis at a race when he had trouble . Robin is a good guy!!

I gotta give Robin the Benefit of the doubt that there was something more to the story or it was made for TV action. Cause again He helped a competitor (my friend) race against him at a really big race back in the day. So that shows his true character .

So regardless of what I feel about the situation as I saw it played out on TV, I know there’s got to be something else to the situation.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 10-20-2021 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
Oh man I knew a thread about this situation would be posted! ( I’ll say how I feel about what we saw as it was portrayed )
(But I’m not sure it’s a true representation of what really happened )

I knew Robin way back from PZ and our turbo power adder forums , he’s always been a good guy.
But damn if it didn’t go red, then it was legit and that was wrong to do.
That’s what the system is for and why there’s a red light if you want to take the risk to guess the light and win it’s yours for the taking!

No reason to PUNK the poor kid like that . Looks really bad for us Pontiac guys and for Robin. That’s my opinion of what I saw. BUT
Again always really liked Robin, he helped my buddy in Memphis at a race when he had trouble . Robin is a good guy!!

I gotta give Robin the Benefit of the doubt that there was something more to the story or it was made for TV action. Cause again He helped a competitor (my friend) race against him at a really big race back in the day. So that shows his true character .

So regardless of what I feel about the situation as I saw it played out on TV, I know there’s got to be something else to the situation.
It doesnt make Pontiac guys look bad at all, it only makes the guy that did it look bad...That is the first thing that everyone should remember here...

Old 10-20-2021, 11:26 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
It doesn't make Pontiac guys look bad at all, it only makes the guy that did it look bad...That is the first thing that everyone should remember here...
Have to agree with that post. He is an adult and should know RIGHT from WRONG, but we have others out there who can't seem to ever grasp that concept, even from childhood. Hard to throw rocks at one and go along with the same behavior from another.

JMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not seen this yet.... I have it recorded.

I do not understand why competitors get upset at opponents who want to take a shot at the light? It's not cheating..... If he red lights.... he red lights......

Pushing the envelope on the line is done every weekend all across the country..... I just don't get what the problem is....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 10-20-2021, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess I dont follow your last post completely Tom V

But my point is I don’t agree with it as we saw it in the show. But knowing what he’s done in the past in certain situations I have to believe there’s more to that story because it’s polar opposite

As for it reflecting on Pontiac guys or not: he’s known as a Pontiac guy on the show so some will associate the two.

This is the same principal they use when sponsors expect a person to act a certain way while representing their brand
A Persons actions reflect on those around / associated with them just a fact of life .
Again, in a similar situation when a friend of mine was pretty much out of the race and Robin could have not had to race him, Robin stepped up and helped him get in the game to race against him. This was at the pump gas drags in Memphis. It was a big deal race for Robin back in those days

Gotta give credit where it’s due .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 10-21-2021, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Asking some one to take a dive isn't your friend.

GT

Old 10-21-2021, 08:52 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
I guess I dont follow your last post completely Tom V

But my point is I don’t agree with it as we saw it in the show. But knowing what he’s done in the past in certain situations I have to believe there’s more to that story because it’s polar opposite

As for it reflecting on Pontiac guys or not: he’s known as a Pontiac guy on the show so some will associate the two.

This is the same principal they use when sponsors expect a person to act a certain way while representing their brand
A Persons actions reflect on those around / associated with them just a fact of life .
Again, in a similar situation when a friend of mine was pretty much out of the race and Robin could have not had to race him, Robin stepped up and helped him get in the game to race against him. This was at the pump gas drags in Memphis. It was a big deal race for Robin back in those days

Gotta give credit where it’s due .
If someone is going to judge me, based on what some guy driving a firebird does, then that person is so friggen retarded that their opinion doesnt really matter to me...

Old 10-21-2021, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't see any of it but it looks like the guy guessed the light and the faster guy got all butt sore about it. Similar situation when Bobby Ducate did the same to Larry Larson. I think it's kinda funny but a lousy way to loose. Hopefully Robin had enough class not to want to fight the guy because he lost a fair race.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:26 AM
Senior Chief

I met him years ago at Kelly’s machine shop (WFO Racing) in Phoenix back when he was doing the nitrous street drive thing. My buddy Fred introduced me to him since we’re both Pontiac guys. He had his nose in the air, really thought he was something special. People like him motivate me.