67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankyboy455 View Post
the restoration pictures look A LOT like the restoration pictures of the 69 ram air IV Trans Am that was on ebay a little while ago for 399k. Remember guys ? the one which showed pics of so so patch work on the rear wheel openings and the subframe being sandblasted/painted WHILE STILL ALL ASSEMBLED ?
It's pretty obvious that the front subframe assembly wasn't painted while it was assembled. Not sure why you have that impression?

Quote:
have you guys noticed the 4 speed shifter hole in the tunnel DURING the restoration ?
Quote:
FOUND IT ! here's the link to the 399k ram air IV Trans Am and we can see that the resto pics are from the Trans Am and used for the advertising of the silver 69 on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...ht_38836wt_978
Quote:
Probably an honest mistake. When I sold the '69 TA RA4 you mentioned I sent it to Florida. I haven't spoken to him in years, but I would imagine he owns the Silver car as well and mixed up some of the restoration photos on accident. No real conspiracy to figure out here.

Just to prove I'm not full of it, look at some of the pre-restoration pics of the '69 TA. I took them in my driveway in San Diego. You can see my '63 Tempest in the garage in the background.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/

Last edited by R 70 Judge; 01-27-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Now that explains everything. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Probably an honest mistake. When I sold the '69 TA RA4 you mentioned I sent it to Florida. I haven't spoken to him in years, but I would imagine he owns the Silver car as well and mixed up some of the restoration photos on accident. No real conspiracy to figure out here.

Just to prove I'm not full of it, look at some of the pre-restoration pics of the '69 TA. I took them in my driveway in San Diego. You can see my '63 Tempest in the garage in the background.
I don't think Joe owns the Silver car this thread is about - if the pictures are the same it's quite possible they were lifted from one of his auctions.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Check in Joe C.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry guys was away for the weekend, I emailed him the day I posted. He responded that night. Here is his response:

Dear fastassbird,

good evening sir, no i don't have the phs on the car never care for it, send me an email i will send you a picture of trim tag,if your looking for the d80 to be there is not, D80 rear spoiler was not install on any Fbody pontiac except the Trans am,not even the small camaro spoiler was available,and also in case your not familiar with the firebird history Optional 335 hp Ram Air engine (later known as the 400 H.O.). This option did NOT include the Ram Air setup or open
hood scoops, even though it was called the "Ram Air" engine. During the course of the 1969 model year, Pontiac changed
the name from "Ram Air" to "400 H.O.". Throughout the entire model year, a buyer had to order Option 611 (Ram Air Inlet)
to get the Ram Air setup and open hood scoops. This engine would also be called the Ram Air III.anything else i may help you clear up please feel free to ask.thank you

- carsillusions

Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I don't think Joe owns the Silver car this thread is about - if the pictures are the same it's quite possible they were lifted from one of his auctions.
Oh I figured it was Joe's. If not, yes, something very odd is going on. Odd coincidence they are both from Florida.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If a real D80 car were to show up I would be willing to bet it would come from NOR which means it would be produced during or after the Trans Am's. The D80 indication on the Trim Tag is for Fisher Body Norwood and has to do with the prepunched deck lid holes.

Cars with D80 - DID NOT HAVE pre-punched holes on the outer skins.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what, if any is the designation for the front extractors?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 AM
Senior Chief

None. Front sheetmetal was not a Fisher controlled part. It was done by the assembly plant.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt S View Post
None. Front sheetmetal was not a Fisher controlled part. It was done by the assembly plant.
but it should be designated somewhere.not saying it would have been on the body tag.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer-6 View Post
but it should be designated somewhere.not saying it would have been on the body tag.
Designated on the build sheet, along with any other front end sheet metal piercings (that's how it was done in the A Body plants).

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Senior Chief

Agreed. The assembly plant would have put the info on the buildsheet / broadcast sheet.