Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM

Default Power Bucket Seat Transmission

I need a power bucket seat transmission for a GM A-Body 4 Way Power seat. The power option was offered only on the drivers side seat. Power bench seat motors may or may not work. The units are belt driven by a separate electric motor that operates a single belt driven input pulley. It has two cables coming out the back to drive the seat adjusters and gets power via a 2 wire one connector wire harness.

These units are used on 68 to 72 GM A-Body seats. I believe they are also used on GP 4 way seats and Monte Carlo seats. All up to 1972. After 1972 I am unsure if GM changed the design.

Connect with me via hpexpatriot@yahoo.com

Old 11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you already have a p.seat solenoid/transmission....most common problem with them is the orginal factory grease dries up and prevents the solenoids from operating properly. Use some mineral spirits to clean the old grease and then apply new grease.
You should be set then.