SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1974 Formula 455 for sale

Better/clearer pictures can be seen on my website at: www.bbgraphics1.com

VIN #2U87Y4N1000***

ENGINE / TRANSMISSION:

ORIGINAL 455 BLOCK BORED .060
FORGED TRW PISTONS AT 0 DECK HEIGHT
PORTED #96 HEADS
HO RACING CAM (244/252 @ .050) 493/508 LIFT
BRAD URBAN CARB SHOP STAGE 3 QUADRAJET 800 CFM CARB
PONTIAC ALUMINUM HO-455 INTAKE WITH PLENUM OPENED UP AND PORTED
BRAND NEW TCI FULL MANUAL REVERSE PATTERN TURBO 400 WITH 10” CONVERTER
3.42 AUBURN CONE POSI WITH MOSER AXLES
RAM AIR EXHAUST MANIFOLDS INTO 3" EXHAUST AND 3" DUAL FLOWMASTERS
REAR MOUNTED HOLLEY HP125 BLACK FUEL PUMP
MSD PRO BILLET DISTRIBUTOR
7 QT. MILODEN OIL PAN
HURST LINE LOC
MINI STARTER

SUSPENSION:

5 LEAF REAR SPRINGS
WELDED SUBFRAME CONNECTORS / TRACTION BARS
4 POINT ROLL BAR WITH 5 POINT RCI RACING HARNESSES
KONI SHOCKS
FRONT / REAR LOWERED 3"

MISC:

I have owned this car for 33 years. it was a drag car for 30 years until I quit racing it in 2003. it was originally an air conditioning optioned car but everything was removed for racing so there is no heater core or under dash vent system for any heater function. I mounted a non ac firewall heater cover for the a/c hole and it looks like a stock non a/c optioned car under the hood. I do have a new heater core that easily can be put back in and hooked up but I never needed it as it only was driven in nice weather.

It is 95% original paint with touch up on the drivers fender where 2 alarm key holes used to be were filled/painted and the rear spoiler was added to the car and painted in the 80’s. the vinyl top is original and has one small tear in it in passenger bottom corner with some rust under it otherwise its in excellent condition.

The interior drivers seat was redone in the 80’s and is good but passenger seat needs to be redone as the bottom cushion is tore up. The rear seat cushions are in good shape but top of back bench portion is torn from 35 years of sunlight baking it.

Has ram air hood with stock screens in the scoops. The scoop holes were opened up more than stock for more airflow. it does not have the original “ram air” air cleaner anymore as it was already sold off.

I also have a never used fiberglass front bumper for it also. The current stock front bumper has had most of the backside steel box frame torched off for weight reduction. The fiberglass one weighs 3 lbs vs stock 70 lbs.

PRICE IS $12,000 FIRM. NO OFFERS OR TRADES CONSIDERED.

I'll meet on Friday's only in a local Pleasant Hill parking lot for anyone wanting to look at it. Sale is cash only inside my bank or wire transfer into my account from yours while we are in the bank (I've had a few people trying to pull crap in the past so thats the way it is).

I am 51 and about to retire and will be moving out of the country and will not taking this car with me. I have several offers wanting individual pieces/parts/frame etc. totaling around $9500 so far but would rather sell it as a whole running car and not hassle with tearing it all apart, but If I don't get what I'm asking I will part it out. I have already sold the SD heads I had on it in the 70-80's as well as some other rare Pontiac pieces collected over the years (several people have already asked about those parts and the only thing I have left is the car now).

I have already sold our race car trailer so I cant help with any kind of trailered delivery out of the area. I also have a 2001 Ford Expedition 4X4 tow vehicle for sale as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture003webnoplate.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	133376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture009webnoplate.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	133377  

Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Senior Chief

wow....Had over a dozen hits locally on Craigslist and showed car, and all I got was offers for trades of all sorts of garbage. It seems no one has any money they wanna let loose of around here cause of the economy I guess and most of my friends have been laid off that wanted the car last year and have no money.

Will be parting the car out in 4 weeks for almost 10K which I hate to do to a nice looking street driver but it seems more buyers are interested in separate parts rather than the whole car for that high of a price.

Someone take this whole car! Ill let it go for same price I have for parting it all out which is $9700. It will save me a lot of time taking it all apart.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Default parts

if you do part it out, I would be interested in the front lower valance panel and possibly the park lights as well. let me know the asking price. thanks.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Senior Chief

Pretty much parted out everything is spoken for already but it looks like I have a couple serious buyers and 1 possible trade for it.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Senior Chief

** CAR HAS BEEN SOLD! **

I'm glad it didn't get parted out and going to a good home..

Old 06-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Senior Chief

The sale is pending and might not go through so I will still take secondary interests just in case. I will be leaving the county in July and I wont have time to part it out now to those interested parties so it will go in storage if not sold as a complete car in the next 3-4 weeks.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Senior Chief

*Update*

Car has now been "tentatively sold" to 2nd buyer in line...

Last edited by briann; 06-23-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Senior Chief

**Car was sold and picked up by the car hauler today and shipped out of state.**