73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 07-22-2005, 07:30 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...ageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

Im going to see it in the morning, since he is like 20 minutes from me. $13K and reserve NOT met?

Old 07-22-2005, 11:43 PM

in all honesty yes. there was a similar g/a for sale in this area for 7k that was a better color and it took a yr for it to sell, low miles on it also.

the market on these cars just isn't there yet.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The seller should have mentioned that the VIN is for a 400 2bbl, single exhaust motor. The extensive replaced parts list contradicts the "most original unrestored" statement. Still impressed with the bid price though.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Suspended

I bought this one today for about $10,000 LESS from the original owners with 87,000 miles on it. Here's the link where I found it:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...1/79953301.htm

and I was surprised that it was still available for sale. Sometimes it pays "just to show up".

What do you think? I know what we know...not another "Fleabay Hype-Mobile"...just another original owner, feel good Poncho find for us! In other words...as always, buyer beware! I'm sure that someone will find that ad appealing and may pay the price for the other GA. Like Antiques (and all other things) the value and price is what someone is willing to pay - right? Let's all remember when others didn't even want a Pontiac instead of a 5.0 'Stang back in the 90's and now look at what prices Goats, et al are commanding. My credo is basic: I buy what I like, when I want it and especially when I find a deal...and I'm not really concerned what value others place on it...I buy because I like it, not because someone told me I should like and buy...hummm, an Aztek!!!?????

Keep Pontiacakin!

Alvin

Old 07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's only one 73 Grand-Am I would consider paying 5 figures for. Phil Griffith's all orignal 400/4-speed, that now has a SD455 and the rare factory ram air.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know that they haven't been bringing that much money in the past, but one day they will. Look at what happened with 57 Chevys over the years, for example. Try buying one in that condition now. It would take a not so small fortune.
Then consider will you be able to find another good one? Do you want to wait? And if you buy one later that needs to be restored, $13K is quickly used up paying for restoration work and parts, etc. So there's value in not having to wait for another nice car to show up, also for not having to restore it and not having to wait for resto work to be done.
As Alvin demonstrated, there are still some good deals out there, but how many? Alvin may have paid $4500, but I'll bet he wouldn't take $4500 .
So if the car is as nice as it looks, and you'll have to be the judge of that when you go see it in person, it may be worth it to you, if you really want a nice 73 GA right now. I don't think you can lose in the long run and in the meantime you can enjoy it. If you can afford it, it's normally best to buy the best car you can afford to begin with. Instead of what I'm doing, having to restore a junker 73 GA myself which will cost that much and more in parts, materials and my time. Even though I'm doing it only because I want to have and enjoy the car, I'm sure it'll also be a good investment in the long run too.