73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 02-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My first car was a '77 LeMans Sport Coupe that was factory painted Dark Green Metallic. As a kid I changed the color to "Red Fire Mist" and realized that I screwed up and painted it back. I really liked that color and am considering painting my '69 GTO. Does anyone happen to have a car, LeMans or otherwise, that is Dark Green Metallic?

'69 GTO Ragtop, 455, RA, KRE SD Perf ported heads and "old Faithful" cam, Sean Murphy Q-Jet, Tremec 5spd, Moser Trutrac 3:73, Hotchkiss, Speedtech, Wilwood
'64 Lemans Convertible, Tremec TKO600
Old 02-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My first car was a '77 LeMans Sport Coupe that was factory painted Dark Green Metallic. As a kid I changed the color to "Red Fire Mist" and realized that I screwed up and painted it back. I really liked that color and am considering painting my '69 GTO. Does anyone happen to have a car, LeMans or otherwise, that is Dark Green Metallic?

'69 GTO Ragtop, 455, RA, KRE SD Perf ported heads and "old Faithful" cam, Sean Murphy Q-Jet, Tremec 5spd, Moser Trutrac 3:73, Hotchkiss, Speedtech, Wilwood
Old 02-16-2005, 07:53 AM

if you're after a paint code stop in a a store that sells body supplies and ask to look at their paint chip book for 1977 domestic cars.

they should be able to give you the paint code so you can pass that on to the bodyman.

if you're just after a dark green metallic look at the newer books and pick a color you like.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's my 75 Lemans Sport Coupe in Alpine Green, code 49, PPG paint #2752. I like it alot on this car.
I see 2 greens for 77. I don't know which is the one you liked. One is called Bahia Green Poly, code 44, PPG#2964. The other is Berkshire Green, code 48, PPG#2965.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, it must be the Bershire Green Poly. I really liked that color and I'll have to compare it the Midnight Green offered in '69 on the GTO's.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got with the body shop today and the other GM divisions have it listed as "Dark Green Poly" while Pontiac has it as the "Berrshire Green".

In either case it's #48.

Nice looking LeMans, it brings back memories.

Old 03-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad you got the color figured out.
Thanks for the compliment on my 75. I'm happy to have it since I always liked the 75 Sport Coupe. I bought it in the summer of 2002 in North Dakota and drove it back to my home in Atlanta, 1850 miles. I took that picture at a motel in Hudson, Minnesota where I stayed that night before resuming my trip that morning. It had 62,500 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has 82,500 so I drive it more regularly than the first 2 owners did in the previous 27 years .