Industry Stuff new repro's, updates, other info.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

YVEYANT
Depending when your order(s) were shipped, we may have been out at the time. The new catalogs came in the first week of July.

I'll be happy to add you to the next mailing. Just email or PM me your address and I'll make sure your on there. Or if you are placing another order, ask the sales rep to put one in for you (most of the time they'll ask you anyway).

Steve

Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Tone

Still...why does it say 64-74 when there's nothing in there for a 73 or 74 Tempest, Lemans, GTO.....?? Is there something I am not aware of? Are there interchangeable parts between years? Which years? I can't even get an emblem! Seat upholstery....forget it! The side view mirror looks the same, but it says it's for a 72 at the latest....This is frustrating. Does anyone want my catalog?

73 Lux Lemans.
350 2brl. Single exhaust. TH350 automatic.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Tone
I'm sure it's frustrating.
Just like I'm sure you understand that we've listed everything we can get our hands on for your car in that catalog. But unfortunately there isn't as much still left available or being reproduced for your Lemans. And I'm guessing that the things that are available, aren't things that you need.

If you have a part that you need (like that side mirror) that you think might fit, contact us about, call or email. It's possable that the manufacturor wasn't able to test it on a 73 so they only listed it up to 72. You never know. We can even send you pictures if the part is in stock and you can compare the pictures to your originals before you buy. You could discover an mistake or oversight and help out dozens of other 73 owners by helping us with the corrections.

Steve

Old 07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks DM. I'll let you guys know if I ever need anything, or if I ever get around to buying a new mirror....mine is still in one piece, it's just pitted and fading.

Tone.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

I went looking to see if we had a supplier that makes 73 lemans seat upholstery but came up with nothing. Just the 73 Ventura kit and the 74 GTO front & rear seats listed in the catalog.

Sorry
Steve

Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the parts!

Old 08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just got my catalog Steve!Very good pics of items.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi,
Got the new catalog with my latest parts order. It is great. For those that use it on line, consider listing the page numbers of the various sections in the colored boxes on the right hand margin of the first page. It will speed access to the beginning of each section. Also, allow saving the pictures. That way people can copy pictures of parts and share them with others on the forum when answering or asking questions.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Mike

Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Thanks Guys.
A lot of time and effort when into taking and adding all of those pictures. The total came to 1400+ pics.

runningbwdog:
Adding the page numbers of the sections is a good idea. I'll definitely use that in the Firebird Catalog I'm currently working on. And I'll probably go back and add it to the GTO catalog's PDF file that is online. Thanks

Steve

Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Senior Chief

got me new catalogue in the mail... thank you! there's pictures of almost every part, very nice!!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dm_fan, it's one great catalog. I've racked up a 1500.00+ order so far.

The one thing I wish you had were the bolts to attach the wiper pivots, for the wiper arms, to the cowl frame work. Usually these are rusted in place pretty bad and even tho using PB Blaster of WD40, they break off. I've managed to do that to one bolt already.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Senior Chief

Default py the best!!!!

I can't make it without PERFORMANCE YEARS parts and PERFORMANCE YEARS "TECH".....WOW !!!! I honesyly need "PY"...REALLY.....Louie 65 GTO "IRIS MIST"....ps: " I talk to my 65 gto" bought it new when I was 16 1/2 and we fell in love and promissed never to part ! ....43,090 miles and still looking NEW....even gave it a very big christmas present..a complete resoration (that everyone said I was nuts..due to the fact it wasn't needed...never been in any accidents and the paint looked new ..without one scratch.....now I'm helping a friend with a ground up on a 65 gto....plus I'm helping out with another one (65 gto) !!!! oh yea a 66 gto also...and my GTO isn't jealous and said it didn't mind and is still in love with me !!!!now I have to go and order some parts from PY....SMILE...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default can't wait until some new repro's come out !!!!

I allways need to buy a gift for my GTO at every holliday and some suprises too !!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone
Still...why does it say 64-74 when there's nothing in there for a 73 or 74 Tempest, Lemans, GTO.....?? Is there something I am not aware of? Are there interchangeable parts between years? Which years? I can't even get an emblem! Seat upholstery....forget it! The side view mirror looks the same, but it says it's for a 72 at the latest....This is frustrating. Does anyone want my catalog?
Been meaning to send for one. Yes, the '73 and '74 were not completely unique in their construction and some things do interchange betwixt the years. Some interpolation required. Not many companies tooled up for items that were specific for those years, as unless they could sell a blue million of them like you can parts for say '69 GTO's, the tooling costs themselves are somewhat prohibitive and recouping them may prove difficult, at best. What, exactly are you needing and I'll see if I can help, as I will be going thru an assortment of NOS Pontiac parts in the near future and there's always that outside possibility of stumbling onto some obscure part. Glad to help if I can. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tone, don't take this the wrong way but the 73-74s were GMs last ditch attempt for the GTO. Due to insurance, the price of gas, plus the Fed's regulations on pollution control, they were just a GTO in name only. Nowhere near the resemblance to what GTO meant or should be. A Goat only in name on a Tempest body with a cutback 350 engine. GM was trying to make dollars only on a name that by those years was all but gone. I've not seen many in a long long time so hang in there. One day you'll see replacement and repo parts I'm sure. Look at what they're doing for cars that you'd never think there'd be a call for for restoration..... and they're not necessarily muscle cars either. I actually almost bought a 73 GTO but the dealer (a family friend) up home said not to bother, that I'd be very disappointed seeing I'd owned a 66 before.

Now if GM today wanted they could bring back the GTO the way it should have been. [The GTO of today is a joke.] Bring it back to resemble the best years..... 65 thru 67. Then they'll make money just like Dodge is going to do with the revival of the Challenger. Also look at Ford's licensing the 67 Mustang body shell that's now out at $15,000 a pop. They both know there's big money to be made with body style revivals.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

But if I'm lucky I won't be needing any more parts. The Lux Lemans is on Ebay right now. Wish me luck!

73 Lux Lemans.